Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• the most elaberate name i have ever given a pet was a hamster i had many many years ago and his name was adhamski wilderbeast p :D

as a kid i had some giant millipedes called milli and pete, a bullfrog called zipper and an axoltyl called elizabeth :D:D:D

• Two dogs - Dylan and Squid
    Four chinchillas - Billy, Lola, Roxy and Joey
    Five rats - Charlie, Bertie, Freddie, Marge and Lisa
    A hamster - Richard Hammond II
    Two chickens - Morticia and Wednesday
    And a horse named Juno (even though he's a boy - but I didn't name him, he had that name when I got him, cos he was born in June. And tis bad luck to change a horses name, you know) :)

Most unusual name i've ever given a pet - hmm, well I once had four rats and I wanted to give them all B names, so I named them Broady, Brandy, Bailey, then I couldn't think of another so I named the fourth one Mambo Number 5 :D And I had a rabbit named Senor Hooby Quiche :) Oh, and a rat named Satan, but he already had that name when I got him :)

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Twister ().

• Breakfast was because it would be funny to be able to answer the question "What's that in the cage?" with "Breakfast."

thats brilliant! :D

twister im jealous of the amount of creatures you have!!

my half cat's called bruno...and my fishy's called moon..which was an abbreviation of something but i forget what...
    i used to have ratties called nelly and tofu :)
    damnit i need more animal friends!

• all these names are great lol.......... how could i forget to mention my cat who lives at my mums........ shes called Lola (from the film run lola run........ my ex named her) and they have a rabbit called midnight (coz hes all black......... well he was til he got really poorly and had to have drips in his ears which has made then go all funny and loose some of the hair)

it is impossible to be unhappy whilst wearing my baby in a tattoo style mei tai!!!

• i have a yellow bellied turtle called tattoo cus well, his skin looks painted on.

my kitty is called pisces. i was umming & arrhing over pisces or Mr Lynx (he has big eyes & ears & the tips of his ears are black), he seemed to respond to pisces more than Mr Lynx. i thinks its a much more fitting name for him, he was born under the sign & he loves playing in the bath, rain, sink, toilet etc

• I have "Ruby Roo", my litle tan & white Whippet pal :) .

Used to have 2 rescue ex -racer Greyhounds "Braidy" (white dapple) and "Susie" (black & grey)

Gerbils "fat n' furry" (no need to explain why) and "bald eagle" (he was follicly challenged)

Hamster "Harry", black & white Dutch Dwarf Rabbit "Percy" and rescue Jack Russell, "Russ" :D

• I have 2 dogs - a my black lurcher in my pic is the Moo Angel and I have a brindle greyhound called foo foo. But really he's called Findley.

I have 5 dwarf frogs called Barabus, Judas, Delphine, Cilla Black and Pirate.

My old cats used to be called Esme, Gill and Mary.

• I got a spaniel collie cross who has several names... Samuel, Sammy, Samsam and Spannerdog (when he's in his natural habitat of guarding everyone in an outdoors environment he will only respond to Spanner lol ) Charlie and I chose his name by putting five names each into a hat and we decided that we'd pull out names until we pulled one we both liked... When we pulled out Samuel we realised it went nicely with Spaniel (which we also found hilarious) the spanner came from my ex and aerisje's fella who decided that he should be called Spanner and it stuck rather well :D

I also got a Jack Russel cross Border Terrier who is called Gizmo, Gizzy, Giz - he was called Gizmo when he came to live with me but we have added to that so his full name is Fizzy Wizzy Gizmo the Terrier Terrorist.

I used to have a cat called Mong who is now called Wilf and lives with my mum n dad's next door neighbours.

I also used to have a cat called Ruby - her full name was Ruby Murray Kitten Curry and she was the bestest cat ever and i miss her lots.

• Artemis, named after a male character in a book. Only to find out later that it's the name of a female god. I haven't told him that

And Pixie. I later found out that my mum and her sister had both had cats called pixie at some point in their lives

• my kitty is called truffle, she could probablty be related to starpoi's pixie, they're similar in that black and white cat way.

• my dogs are called bonnie and meg and i have 3 hamsters called alice, jason and hannibal

• I have 2 dogs - a my black lurcher in my pic is the Moo Angel and I have a brindle greyhound called foo foo. But really he's called Findley.

I have 5 dwarf frogs called Barabus, Judas, Delphine, Cilla Black and Pirate.

My old cats used to be called Esme, Gill and Mary.

Another Hound lover :D I've always liked your avatar, Moo Angel looks gorgeous, sat looking worldy wise, gazing out to sea :wub: I like the sound of your brindle son Foo Foo too !

• I have Moonbeam, my grey tabby...named such because she was in a box with 12 black kittens.....
    I have Fred,Ginger&Cyd my fancy goldfish...all rescued....names after Fred Astaire Ginger Rogers and Cyd Charisse..........
    and my new little teensy Fancy goldfish called Eli....it was gonna be Elad...but it just didnt fit. so Eli is his name.

O and my adopted team member BFT or Brown Fluffy Thing..hes next doors but lives here most of the time...

• I have I big fluffy ball of a cat called Mima, Another big fluffball cat called pancake. My lovely all black witchy cat called Freya, a tiny little cat with Cerablla hypoplasia called Little miss molly, A mexican red knee tarantula called Tango A chilian rose tarantula called Herb, a Boa with no name and i think thats it lol a little zoo.

• my cats were called dagwood and bentley. my small daughter named her fish teaspoon. our neighbours dalmation is called stripey. my new dog when i get her will probably name herself with one of her habits

• Jack Russell: Patch (because I was 6) RIP
    2 pet shop rats: Fred and Nobby (from Terry Pratchett's Discworld) RIP (also pet shop was a bad idea :( lovely friendly animals, horribly sickly :( )
    2 breeder rats: Merlin and Loki

• My hairy family:

5 dogs - Harley, Dollar, Dylan (also answers to Dilly and Pig), Henry and Benji.

4 cats - Sakima, Baggy (originally Bagheera but loves sitting in bags), Harvest and Mason.

2 rabbits - George and Zoe

2 guinea pigs - Poppy and Willow

2 rats - Frodo and Harry

1 ferret - Mini (we adopted her as a companion for Morris RIP and wanted to keep with the car theme)

• My hairy family:

4 cats - Sakima, Baggy (originally Bagheera but loves sitting in bags), Harvest and Mason.

Hmmmm think it must be a cat thing sitting in bags coz my cat also loves it and my housemates cat.............. i wonder why they do it lol

it is impossible to be unhappy whilst wearing my baby in a tattoo style mei tai!!!

• Hmmmm think it must be a cat thing sitting in bags coz my cat also loves it and my housemates cat.............. i wonder why they do it lol

He's quite happy to be carried around in it too!! I should put him in a bag to take him to the vet. He seems to sprout 8 legs when I try to put him in a pet carrier!

• :Dmy doggies are called King, Laika and Alfie, and the kittys are Leo, Bootstrap Bill (Bill for short) Minka and Lilly.
    plus i have a guinea pig called buttons.:D

• I'll be getting a kitten for my birthday (2 weeks to wait til I get a new feline companion)! I plan to name her Rowan - unless, of course, it doesn't suit her - you know how it is with cats in particular - they often name themselves.

• Well i have...

2 dogs - Lola (didnt come from anything really, Vic just liked it) and Basil (named by rescue centre)

3 degu's - Flower (after Flower from Meercat Manor!) and Bertie and Ralphie (again, not from anything, just silly names!)