What arts and craft things have you been making lately?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Today, we (well, mostly Tet, but I helped!) made this honesty box to sell our eggs from! It's not quite finished, needs varnishing, some legs and a little sign, but it's looking pretty good I think!

Ahh, that's so much prettier than my one!! You'll love selling your eggs from it - I still get a happy little buzz every time I sell a box, and they're quite popular too, they always get snapped up really quickly!

• That is beautiful Maggi - how long did it take you?

Overall, I suppose it took me about 18 months to 2 years. But thats because I always have half a dozen things on the go and never work from the beginning to the end of any one thing. If I had only worked on that in the evenings probably about 4-5 weeks.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

• loving the granny squares maggi and the paintings by tankgirl and the 'honesty'box

we is a talented bunch:clap:

I've always observed that the Hippy community and the Pagan community, which I also belong to, have a much higher percentage of people who do arts and crafts or creative activities of one kind or another, than the general population.

Of the friends I have in the 2 communities, just about everyone does something creative. Not so my friends and family in the 'straight' world.

• Still has no legs or a proper sign, but we have eggs to shift, so eggle box is making it's debut on the driveway today :) (sign does say thankyou, you just can't see it onna photo cos it's written in a different pen. It's a nice polite sign really! :) )

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• Somebody asked me to make them a dread bead in the style of Hello Kitty :)

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• Wow, Twister .. I'm not a fan of Hello Kitty, but the workmanship's really good!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Missionman. I like it :D

I've been doing graphic design and illustrations for my friends book and making feather earrings :D and tomorrow i embark on my next mural project in a cafe in town :)

• Missionman. I like it :D

I've been doing graphic design and illustrations for my friends book and making feather earrings :D and tomorrow i embark on my next mural project in a cafe in town :)

Hello Fleassy,

Thank you. Really enjoying having a place to share my work and to check out other people's creative projects :) Have you planned what you're going to do for the mural and what you going to do in in? Spray paints? m

• Hey Folks, one of the other ways I scrape by making ends meet, is by occasionally working as a 2d animator. Several months back I worked on a production called 'The Isle of Spagg' and I'm very pleased to say that it has recently be let out onto YouTube!! Enjoy!
    :ppp

• I've been making pentacle earrings and necklaces in preparation for the druid camp :)

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• It took around three quarters of an hour, I haven't taken any close-up pictures because you can see enough from the main photo to decide on whether it's something you want to wear, but not enough to copy it ... which I've had a fair few problems with lately. Limiting it to one main photo means if people want to copy things, they at least have to buy one to copy.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Nice annimation missionman did you come up with the illustration style? or is it working with another artists images?

I dont use spray paints with my murals, usually i use paint or Marker pen. I want to do more marker pen stuff but where i am currently people want colourful stuff not black. :) I'm going to be working for a raw food/health food cafe so im doing graphic style herbs and plants along the top half of the wall.

what program do you make your annimations in? I've been looking for a film artist/annimation artist who might be interested in doing a project with me. Im a spoken work artist and im looking for some videos to go with my recordings.

• Once again I've been a bit lax in commenting here. Naughty me. I'm loving the illustration MissionMan. The Egg house is lovely. I think a lot of eggs will be sold from there. Tank Girl, I love the colours of your paintings. Neon Pixie those cuffs are very pertty and reminded me I have a bag of half finished cuff somewhere in my work room. I better get them out and finish them.

There is an epidemic of granny squares in this thread! Yippeee for Granny Squares! Perfect for cosy blankets... and DaisyDreamer, if your rats don't like their cosy bags you can make people sized ones for putting in sleeping bags when camping, for extra snuggle factor :-)

I've been a bit slack lately when it comes to making things, but this week I am on a mission to make ragdoll bunnies to sell in my shop. I really need to raise a lot of money, and ragdoll bunnies are the latest in a long line of goods I'm making in the hope that they sell :-D

I'm also going to make a few more elaborate ones that have clothes... and maybe a ragdoll kitty or two as well.

• Nice annimation missionman did you come up with the illustration style? or is it working with another artists images?

I dont use spray paints with my murals, usually i use paint or Marker pen. I want to do more marker pen stuff but where i am currently people want colourful stuff not black. :) I'm going to be working for a raw food/health food cafe so im doing graphic style herbs and plants along the top half of the wall.

what program do you make your annimations in? I've been looking for a film artist/annimation artist who might be interested in doing a project with me. Im a spoken work artist and im looking for some videos to go with my recordings.

Hi Fleassy.

'The Isle of Spagg' animation was conceived and produced by The Brothers McLeod, who farm the scenes out to animators on their books. It's awesome really, cause everything is done over the web, so I can be anywhere and wing the scenes over to them when they're done. - I use Flash and a Wacom tablet.

I love working in black and white too, although it's been a while since I have. I used to love illustrating people's names by roughing it out in pencil and then using a fibre-tip to flesh it out - keep up the good work. While I think of it, check out the black and white illustration on the Hamilton House website: http://www.hamiltonhouse.org/ it's pretty special.

Keep in touch, as I'd love to hear how the cafe artwork goes :)

Mish