would you use a recycled paper coffin?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Yeah i wud, doubt theyd let me get cremated in one tho

You shut your mouth. How can you say I go about things the wrong way? I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does

• yes! i've told me folks use some card board boxes or a bit of old sack, but don't put me down in the wet because if you pick me up i may drop through the wet bottom of the coffin!

• Sure I would. In 1997 I registered my land as a green burial ground. I get loads of catalogs from companies supplying alternative sustainable coffins. But in my opinion willow coffins are the best. There are cardboard coffins that you or your family/friends can paint/decorate, what a brilliant personalised idea.

• I want to be buried in some kind of fortified metal box.......maybe thats why I have such a bad worm phobia... I know they're going to get me in the end!

• Sure I would. In 1997 I registered my land as a green burial ground. I get loads of catalogs from companies supplying alternative sustainable coffins. But in my opinion willow coffins are the best. There are cardboard coffins that you or your family/friends can paint/decorate, what a brilliant personalised idea.

ive always said this hunny i want a recycled cardboard coffin decorated by my family with wild hand picked flowers

• im giving my body to car safety so they can use me to make realistic crash test dummies. the left overs are going in a cardboard box to be planted :angel:

• Yes, it's an idea, but just check that I'm actually dead first. :thumbup: I've always fancied having my ashes sprinkled on Aggs Hill, near Cheltenham in Gloucestershire (where i grew up) You can view several counties from this spot....:)

• My Grandma, who is 87 has a fear of coffins, which comes from being a young girl, in the days when they still laid people out in the front room. Apparently there was some sort of high jinx going on when her father was laid out (which doesnt sound appropriate, but I believe he wasnt a very nice man). Anyway, her sister had her believing that their father had gotten up in the night and made a cup of tea. :eek:
    The upshot is, that she wants a cardboard coffin because she doesnt want to rest eternal in something which terrified her in life. I thought it all sounded really tacky but actually they look fine, and not at all like a giant crisp box.

• I want to be put longboat and set on fire and pushed out to sea or a pyre cremation which fingers crossed in the next two years will be possible (not that I'm going to die, legislation is being written to allow traditional and pagan funeral rites.)

• I want to be put longboat and set on fire and pushed out to sea or a pyre cremation which fingers crossed in the next two years will be possible (not that I'm going to die, legislation is being written to allow traditional and pagan funeral rites.)

Now that will be something to see; instead of grey faced queues of mourners being driven in and out of crematoria, the full Viking rig, although I suppose it's not fair to ask the relatives to provide the longship.:angel:

I'm sure that eventually we'll be allowed to donate our bodies to be processed into biofuels too...:whistle:

• *shudder*

The idea of being buried horrifies me more than words can say.
    Cremation for me, please - I'm not worried what sort of box I get put in, my only requirements are that I'm definitely dead first (!) and that I get scattered and not kept in a jar, which would be almost as bad as burial, and with none of the mingling and physically becoming one with everything.

• I would not object to a recycle cardboard coffin and yes it is preferable to one using fine timbers. What I would really like is for my body to be turned into blood & bone fertiliser as part of the circle of life.

• The med students can have me to make their mistakes on for all I care.

The company I work for supply Arka with the materials to make those coffins. I always reckon when we get a coffin shaped box come in we should give them that. It would save a lot of time and could be their budget model.

Have nothing in your house you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.

William Morris

• I'd definatley get one- the gold plated one looks very swish!
    But then i've also heard about places where you can be cremated & they plant a tree over your remains- i like the sound of that.

• Defintely. I've told my lot I want to be buried in a cardboard coffin that they can decorate (grafitti) as they like and then buried up on the cliffs and a tree planted on top of me. Don't suppose that will be possible, but definitely don't want them spending a fortune on my funeral...rather they spend the money on a party for afterwards.