Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Yeah you can downplate them or something, its all beyond me lol

You shut your mouth. How can you say I go about things the wrong way? I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does

• You can find vans done out ready to live in dirt cheap matey, its all good buildin the innards yorself but gets pricey and very time consuming!
    I picked up an old renault master lwb for £800 all ready to rock n roll, Ebay :clap:

• I was looking at pre done ones then ripping it out and putting the guts back in and changing things, so its a proper home. :)

You shut your mouth. How can you say I go about things the wrong way? I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does

• some of the vans used to be downrated by taking a leaf off the rear springs so they cant carry as much weight.
    but i suppose you can get it classed as a motorhome on the logbook and that would cover you.

• Ahh see i was thinking bigger but you managed to shove ya woodburner and stuf in that

thats not small at all!!! It's more than enough for one person...this is your first van? Think you're being too ambitious but thats my tuppence worth...you'd be better off with something like a transit.... theres your 2grand but you got to think about insurance which will be sky high as a young male, and the bigger, well generally the more expensive to run....anything too old and will you know how to fix it? A lot of garages won't.....

• whatever people say when you see the one 4 you too late u fallin in love. my advice breakdown recovery budget for. i think size matters u dont want to stand out like sore thumb when parked up. you want to be able to fit any any car park bay also watch out for height restrictions makes life lot easier then u can enjoy ur travelling no fuss