Feeling horrible in every possible way...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• We were in London on Monday for Nos' medical for the visa. It was horrible and wet and windy and just plain yuck. After trudging around London and finally finding our way to the docs, we were both drowned rats. My knee is playing up something awful, but poor Nos is worse. In order for him to pass the exam he had to either show he had had measles, mumps and rubella or had to have the jab. As it wasn't in his records (he had them when he was just a little kid), he had to have the jab. And he had to have a flu jab as well. He is so ill now - feeling really shit with pain in his upper body.

The whole visa process is wearing us down. Only one thing left now - the interview, but we don't yet know when that will be.

So, both emotionally and physically, we ain't doing so well. Any and all thoughts and vibes would be most welcome.

And I've been told that if you think something hard enough, it will be. So please, everyone, think DECEMBER 2ND FOR OUR INTERVIEW! That way we will already be down south and won't have to travel the length of the UK for a 15-minute chat!

Thanks all - and thanks for listening.

• 2nd of Decenber is Muffy and Nos day, when every thing they have worked so hard for will come together.:clap:

• Thanks Lulu and Spring - it really is just awful right now...waiting and wondering what is going to happen. I suppose it is as hard on my mum, wondering if we are going to be there to help her. I just wish we both felt better physically - my knee feels as if someone took out all my bones and put them back wrong. And Nos is feeling really horrid with so much pain in his arms. But I know it will get better...

Thank you, dear friends...

xxxxxxxxx

• Hey you guys.:) if you need a place to stop over I'm 20 mins outside london on a fast train, and you are more than welcome to take a rest here if you need to. will you be coming down by live-in type arrangement, cos if not airbeds can be errected and there is a right comfy sofa.:)

Have you tried arnica for the jab side effects, works wonders for me on the aches and pains front, even if there is no bruising., also, lavender oil, and black pepper (mixed with a base oil and rubbed on/in a steamy bath, if i remeber rightly(and i might not) are good for achey muscles and generally feeling fluey.

lots of love.xxxxxxx

Turned on, tuned in, loved up, trippin out, freaky on the outside, shiny in the middle.

• so much love to you and nos muffy :hug:

*thinks positive about 2nd december*

you're doing really well even though the visa process is a right royal fuck about...

*long distance hugs*

• Thank you so much my friends. You are so sweet, really. Just Me, thanks for the positive vibes and hugs. Fingers crossed. And Enigma, thanks so much for the offer of a rest there. Fortunately, we will probably already be down south when the interview comes and Nos' brother lives nearby (by train) so we have that if we need it, but you are such a dear to be so generous! Love to you. Will look for the amica today when I go into town - poor Nos is so achy and tired.

Pumpkin, thanks so much for the good vibes - Nos says yes the visa process is a royal fuck!

• have only just seen this sorry!
    im full of happy and calm and wellness right now and im willing it to you and nos. ive asked my angels to bring you peace and health too. big loves to 2 VERY special peeps xxx :angel:

• Thanks angelcake, I'm so happy that you are feeling happy and calm. Love to you too!

• Thanks Lateralus22 - if we all concentrate and think positively, I know it will be! Should be hearing from the Embassy by the end of the week regarding the interview date! Fingers crossed!

• Best of luck to you and Nos, Muffy. I really hope all goes smoothly for you with the interview.

You posts always eminate a wonderful, warm aura (dont know how thats technically possible, but they do!) and I am sending you some loving vibes and a big hug from me :)

:hug:Rach xx

• You are so sweet, Rach, thanks for the lovely words and hugs.

We are feeling a little less blue today, but just wish the embassy would send us word about the date! We are just so damned tired! Too old for this sort of stuff, I think! LOL

• Where are you going Muffy? What are you getting the visa for?

I'm returning to Virginia to be there for my mom. My dad died in March and she is nearly 82 and all alone. My husband is English - hence the visa process. Exhausting!

• Oh that's horrible! But wait, you need a visa for the US? Aren't you American then? Or did you give up your US citizenship?

I'm on my way to England with a UK Visa in process! I don't have to do any clinic visits but I do have to give away my biometrics for the ID Card :(

I hope you feel better soon! Sending my thoughts your way!

• Oh that's horrible! But wait, you need a visa for the US? Aren't you American then? Or did you give up your US citizenship?

I'm on my way to England with a UK Visa in process! I don't have to do any clinic visits but I do have to give away my biometrics for the ID Card :(

I hope you feel better soon! Sending my thoughts your way!

No, I'm an American citizen, but my husband isn't and I'm not going anywhere without him! :)

The process is incredibly long-winded. First, form goes in and then you get initial approval, then a medical and then an interview. Shouldn't take too long, but it has so far. The initial form went in on 26 July. We have a flight booked on the 11th of December (we booked when we were planning a Christmas visit and before we made the decision to move there for my mother who has been very poorly). It should all be fine, but we do wish we could hear from the embassy about the interview! This is truly nerve-wracking!

• how are my 2 spesh peeps today? xx :angel:

We are doing all right. Just wish we would hear from the damned embassy about our interview. I had the cat vaccinated today because she is going to her new owner in a week's time. I have people lined up to come get some of the stuff they've bought, so it's all moving along fine, I suppose. Just that one little detail of when we are going to have the interview (and assuming, of course, that we will get the visa!).

How are you, darlin'? Hope you are well and happy down in Devon. Nos sends his hugs too! (He's just gotten his laptop back from the repair people after 3 weeks - he was beginning to really suffer without it!):)

• Wow, what a pain! Canada isn't even that difficult to my knowledge (although it is difficult). I can't help but think, "Who'd want to emigrate there anyway?" *snickers*

• im really well thanks! all proof it was k making me ill and doubt my own mind cos with no input from her im feeling really positive and level. will you still be able to come on ukh when you get to america? :angel:

• will you still be able to come on ukh when you get to america? :angel:

Try to keep me away! :D I feel as if I have made such wonderful friends here, I will always log on and see how everyone is. May not be quite so often as I will be working a proper job (haven't been working real hours since I lost the job at the hotel), but I will certainly be here to check on all my dear ukh friends. :thumbup:

• proper job?? that sounds a bit limiting! ha ha only kidding cant wait till im back working again. proof im well cos its doing my head in not having a job. i really need to go into town to buy some max but i really cant be bothered to go out in the cold! :angel: