Monster Munch are back

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Wasn't sure where to put this...

I went into town earlier and ended up going for some snacks. What did I find but a packet of roast beef Mega Monster Munch with the old monster on the front!

They've brought back the old monster munch! :clap:

• I'm gonna have to look out for the pickled onion flavour now. I thought that monster munch appeared smaller because I'd grown up, but these original sized ones are huge. All they need to do is bring back the other shapes (the little ghostie things and the others), and I'll be in snack Valhalla. Awesome :D

• They made them smaller about ten years ago as part of a series of "improvements", which also involved getting rid of the old monsters. These new ones are the original size, with the original monsters, and with the original flavours (I think they stopped doing roast beef a while back). Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D

• They made them smaller about ten years ago as part of a series of "improvements", which also involved getting rid of the old monsters. These new ones are the original size, with the original monsters, and with the original flavours (I think they stopped doing roast beef a while back). Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D

Oh right get you now they normal size well good munchies , got to be pickled onion though . My favourite crisps are Snaps though the tomatoe ones have not seen the cheese ones for years . They got pallets loads of wispa bars in sainsburys also! Happy Days :D

• Oh right get you now they normal size well good munchies , got to be pickled onion though . My favourite crisps are Snaps though the tomatoe ones have not seen the cheese ones for years . They got pallets loads of wispa bars in sainsburys also! Happy Days :D

I can't remember Snaps... Where they the ones that looked like flower heads and melted on your tongue?

• Tomato Snaps are still available around here too. I can't even remember cheese flavoured. I'm keeping my eye out for pickled onion old style monster munch now. :D

Does anyone remember the original Space Raiders? Back when they were triangular and had Astra and her Space Pirates on the front of the packets? Man, that takes me back. Snack nostalgia. They don't make 'em like they used to :(

• I still have the packet, if you can tell me what the additives were I can look for you.

It says it has MSG, the rest of the stuff I can't be arsed to type out and don't know the acronyms for.

• I still have the packet, if you can tell me what the additives were I can look for you.

It says it has MSG, the rest of the stuff I can't be arsed to type out and don't know the acronyms for.

can you scan the crisps into the computer so I can see what they look like. I too have been googling and there is just no images of this famous crisps. lol

• does anyone remember hedgehog flavoured crisps?

and the ones that come with a bag of salt in that you had to shake on yourself?

• They need to bring back the old adverts too! I loved them!

A little story about the old adverts and old monsters...a young Power_13 had a poster of the three monsters in a dark spooky forest. He doesn't remember where he got it from, it was either from primary school or form the monster club they had back in those days.

Anyway, he liked this poster, and it had pride of place on his bedroom door. Then, one fateful night, sleepy little infant Power_13 looked up at the picture of the three monsters standing there, glaring at the camera with their frozen faces, and realised he was suddenly shit-scared.

I blame that poster for the next few years of my life where I had to sleep with the light on. :(

• A little story about the old adverts and old monsters...a young Power_13 had a poster of the three monsters in a dark spooky forest. He doesn't remember where he got it from, it was either from primary school or form the monster club they had back in those days.

Anyway, he liked this poster, and it had pride of place on his bedroom door. Then, one fateful night, sleepy little infant Power_13 looked up at the picture of the three monsters standing there, glaring at the camera with their frozen faces, and realised he was suddenly shit-scared.

I blame that poster for the next few years of my life where I had to sleep with the light on. :(

My only concern about this...

Is you seem to be online at night only... Are you sleeping though the day?

• Does anyone remember the original Space Raiders? Back when they were triangular and had Astra and her Space Pirates on the front of the packets? Man, that takes me back. Snack nostalgia. They don't make 'em like they used to :(

aaaaah space raiders...snack heaven! and hurrah for monster munch - the king of crisps...

• does anyone remember hedgehog flavoured crisps?

and the ones that come with a bag of salt in that you had to shake on yourself?

Ahem, some of us are old enough to remember the original salt and shake crisps. They came in a greaseproof, not plastic, bag, and the salt was in a little blue paper twist. Ready salted was a modern idea back in the late sixties and they brought out "plain" ones as well They brought back salt and shake for all those people who were nostalgic for the old blue paper twists, but the little packets just weren't the same. Apart from anything, the fascination with the salt was all about trying to figure out how the hell they managed to twist the salt into its little square of blue paper. Incidentally, I can remember when they went up from 2d to 3d a packet. Or in modern easy to understand kiddy money, from just under !p to just over 1p. Ah, happy daze..:insane: