Deodorant

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Can anyone recommend a cruelty free, aluminum free deodorant that actually works...?.

I think i have tried about 4 now and they are all rubbish....I am running out need to get a new one and this time i would like one that actually works...:)

• My favourite one is Lafe's - I get it online from here: http://www.purenuffstuff.co.uk…oil-rollon-deodorants.php

I like that it's a roll-on rather than a crystal that you have to wet - but it has the same ingredient as the crystal ones. Very effective too. I love the smell of the lavender one :)

angelcake - I've wondered about that too - I found this article about it: http://www.whatreallyworks.co.…qanda.asp?article_ID=1554

• I use a crystal rock. Living in Queensland it's compulsory to have an effective deodorant to avoid the pong of a sweaty armpit.
    I have had the same crystal deodorant for the past 4 years and it still has about 1/4 of it left. Yes it does work, no it's not a gimmick. I stink within a couple of hours if I forget to use it. :hippylove

• Quote from weekend-hippy

Living in Queensland it's compulsory to have an effective deodorant to avoid the pong of a sweaty armpit.
    I have had the same crystal deodorant for the past 4 years and it still has about 1/4 of it left. Yes it does work, no it's not a gimmick. I stink within a couple of hours if I forget to use it. :hippylove

I first discovered them in Aus - I think they were widely available there before they were here, and I agree - even in Cairns which was very hot and sticky, I didn't smell :)

• Quote from princesstigermouse

I use pitrok which I find to be brilliant and non-irritating (I have very sensitive skin) and as an added bonus, they last pretty much forever!

gosh I love pitrok my dad first recommended it to my brother coz he has smelly feet. haha
    its fantastic and lasts aaaaages

• Quote from princesstigermouse

I use pitrok which I find to be brilliant and non-irritating (I have very sensitive skin) and as an added bonus, they last pretty much forever!

Hmm, gotta check that out.
    Doesn't sound familiar though, dunno if it's made its way into the backwaters of Scotland yet, lol

• Yeah I don't think I've ever seen it.

I use Bionsen roll on. I've not yet found anything else that's both nice smelling, effective and cheap.

I sweat a LOT, even in rainy Perthshire.

• I'm going to have to try this pitrock stuff... I've tried loads of different 'natural' deodorants and although it seems that some of them are working at first, after a while I turn into Ms. Pongo again. Meh. Maybe my pits are just rebelling.

• Quote from Ms. Vee

I've tried loads of different 'natural' deodorants and although it seems that some of them are working at first, after a while I turn into Ms. Pongo again. Meh. Maybe my pits are just rebelling.

Yep that keeps happening to me..:)

• Ok so seens i was pretty desperate for a new deoderant as mine ran out i have bought one of these pitrock style crystal deoderants (allthough not pitrock as it was pushing 7 quid in the health food shop, but one that is exactly the same thing)

what i am a bit confused about though is that whilst it says does not contain Aluminum Chlorhydrate and aluiminum z whatever .....

it does contain ammonium alum...which is what its made of
    which makes me think hmm alluminium?

So i am kinda confused really

EDIT: so after doing some research it seems to be soemthing to do with alum not being dodgy due to the molecule size or something..i have no idea...but anyway...it seems ok

• Well, I've been using Pitrok for two weeks now and it's probably the best thing I've ever used. I'm no longer a Smelly Ellie and my pits love me! Hooray. :D

• I use one from Lush aswell, aromacreme, It took some getting used to as you have to break bits off and rub it on with your fingers, but I find it works really well and smells all lush like :)