Cosmic Puffin Festival 10th-12th April 2009

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• when: Easter weekend (10th-12th April 2009)
    where: Mersea Youth Camp, Mersea Island, Essex, UK
    cost: £25 per person all weekend including camping, kids free when accompanied by paying adult.
    why: well to have fun and good music of course, but more seriously, to raise money and awareness for BLISS(helping babies born too soon) and NAS(National Autistic Society) both of which are very worthy registered charities.

WHO IS PLAYING?
    well your best bet is to keep checking www.cosmicpuffin.co.uk as more and more confirmed acts are booking all the time.

a cheap and cheerful music filled festival for your easter hols, bet you can't find a cheaper place to camp ;)

• it originated with last years event
    cosmic being childrens of st marys intensive care & puffin as in the puffin ward at basildon hospital as they were the 2 charities selected for the event in 2008

• oooh i gonna see bout goin to this i think...
    puffins are my favourite bird EVER
    And both charities are one's that deal with things that have personally and do personally affect me and my family :)
    Be RUDE not to be there!!!!! :D

• indeed sarah, we shall be expectin' you now ;)

it's gonna be awesome man

once we have the online ticket buying system in place i will post a bulletin here.

like with the early hawkwind gigs and early glastonbury....
    bring a friend or 10!!!!!!

• yes a festival in essex
    yes dyframix are confirmed, and nick burman from dyframix will most likely be doing a didgeridoo workshop (details still being worked out but all looking very promising)

as far as real puffins in essex are concerned i am afraid i have no idea!!!

if you wanna get hold of dyframix cd's and/or t-shirts check out www.mychoonz.co.uk

there's also a video of their set at eastern haze festival 2007 (in heavy rain yet they still pulled an audience!!) that i made on www.myspace.com/dreammachineonlinedude

• Any idea when tickets will be going on sale for this sideards? was tellin my friend about it over the weekend and we thinkin of havin a bit of a families get together at cosmic puffin fest :D

• we are currently sorting out the cosmic puffin bank account and working out the best methods for ticket sales/dispatch etc.
    i will definatley post here as soon as we are 'all systems go' for ticket sales.
    it's great to know that folks are becoming keen :)

• Hi I am working on behalf of Pepsi and they are keen to get involved. Could you get in contact so that I can discuss this with you? I understand if you are not keen on a commercial brand getting involved but i would at least like to have a quick discussion with you.

Thanks
    Lyndsay

• are you having stalls?? might be interested if you are..
    have messaged you through myspace too,!!

• EASTER WEEKEND (so most folks have a day off to recover on the Monday!!!)
    Mersea Outdoors
    Mersea Island
    Near Colchester
    ESSEX
    Featuring:
    Ministry Of Loud,
    The Fancy Dress Party,
    Ady Johnson,
    Picturehouse Big Band,
    The Rhizomes,
    Sista Suzi,
    Lizzie B,
    Surfquake,
    Kundalini Drive,
    Wobbly Squadron,
    Pro Rata,
    Hotwired,
    Automatic Slim,
    Hokie Joint,
    Skandal,
    The Iceni,
    Alunah,
    WeirdGear,
    Spiral Circuit,
    ZubZub,
    The Optic Nerves,
    The Newtown Kings,
    Cling,
    Electric Dub Guru,
    Nanobots,
    The Starfighters,
    House Of Thandoy,
    DJ Weirditude,
    Peyote Mothership,
    Spirits Of The Earth,
    Dr Hasbeen,
    Peyote Guru,
    Bruise,
    Nukli,
    Shom,
    Bubbledubble,
    Dream Machine,
    DJ Kozmik Ken,
    Osiris,
    Xenon Codex,
    Assassins Of Silence,
    Xoo,
    Mister Pink,
    Dyframix,
    Wind Of Change,
    Litmus,
    Underground Zero
    Indigo Sound System
    How's that for the paltry sum of £25 all weekend including camping, and it's all for charity!!! (BLISS for babies born too soon & NAS national Autistic Society). That's about 50p per band!!!!
    TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE VERY SOON
    there's links to each of the artists myspace accounts on the homepage www.cosmicpuffin.co.uk if you wanna know a bit more about them.
    I bet there's no cheaper way to camp that particular weekend asides from in your own garden where it's unlikely you will have such an amazing eclectic blend of bands performing for your pleasure!!!
    PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS

• sounds great. :) think i will try and get to this. be great to see lil henry if you guys make it sarah, always a place here if you guys need a rest stop en route. :)

Turned on, tuned in, loved up, trippin out, freaky on the outside, shiny in the middle.

• like the sound of this, especialy as i'll be in blighty that very week:D

• well we are working on childrens activities and if theres enough interest at the gate, for a small fee theres a comprehensive activity thingy at the camp where the festi is to be held.
    we had 3 of our kids with us last year and they were never bored the entire time!!!

as for the music theres a quite eclectic blend of styles on the Cosmic stage including acoustic, punk, blues, dance, rock, metal and more.

the MyChoonz stage is predominantly space rock/prog with a couple of 'wild cards' thrown in for good measure.

if you visit www.cosmicpuffin.co.uk and click on the band logos on the homepage they each link to the bands respective myspace pages where you can hear the music they play and in many cases see videos.

also on the Cosmic Puffin website there is a link to the 2008 part of the website which includes videos from last years event all of which have been edited by myself ;) (excuse the shameless self promotion there, i am just really proud lol)

• Looks great! Do you need an extra couple of pairs of hands at all, before/during/after? Also - is there space for vehicles/motorhomes or just tents?

• Looks great! Do you need an extra couple of pairs of hands at all, before/during/after? Also - is there space for vehicles/motorhomes or just tents?

we are still unsure how many extra helpers we will need, drop me an email with any skills etc you think might be of use and we shall consider you for helper duties.

Yes camper vans, motorhomes are all good aswell as tents :D:hippy::D

• Cool beans! Me and my partner are going to this! I cant wait to let my hair down xx

well personally i have no hair to let down unless you count my elongated beard which point down anyhow!!!! but partyyyyyyyy we shall :insane:

make sure you order your tickets or buy them at one of the suggested events.
    if you have myspace look out for bulletins from www.myspace.co/dreammachineonlinedude and www.myspace.com/cosmicpuffin
    for details of gigs where tickets will be available less the booking fee :clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: (each venue with gigs selling tickets will have a note somewhere in the bulletin to let you know as we also bulletin other gigs too)

• well personally i have no hair to let down unless you count my elongated beard which point down anyhow!!!! but partyyyyyyyy we shall :insane:

make sure you order your tickets or buy them at one of the suggested events.
    if you have myspace look out for bulletins from www.myspace.co/dreammachineonlinedude and www.myspace.com/cosmicpuffin
    for details of gigs where tickets will be available less the booking fee :clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: (each venue with gigs selling tickets will have a note somewhere in the bulletin to let you know as we also bulletin other gigs too)

I bought the tickets from the cosmic puffing website a couple of weeks ago. Went though paypal. When will the tickets be delivered?

• Hurrah! My tickets arrived today, and looking fab if i may say so. Im soooooooo looking forward to this. I cant wait. Everyone should come if they get a chance as its not just a chance to let your hair down and see cool bands, but you also get to give money to some very deserving charities!! :hippy::D