Vegan sandwich ideas

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• that mushroom pate that you buy from healthfood shops, i eat it straight from the tube :p

• Quote from Atomik

Peanut butter and cucumber. :thumbup:

yes!!! you are the only other person ive found who knows of that combination...everyone else ive said it to has found it really odd! its yummy:D

• Quote from Atomik

....Or avocado and mayo (vegan mayo, obviously) works nice.

I make avocado sarnies with lime pickle and tahini, plus red onion cucumber and tomato every day. I know it sounds a bit wierd but I love 'em.

I also get one of the cheap large jars of pitted black olives like crespo £1.40 for 800g) a handful of sundried toamato's that I've pre-soaked (much cheaper than the ones in oil) a couple of cloves of garlic and some balsamic, whizz it all up and use it as a sandwich spread with salad.

I also like peanut butter and salad sarnies and again I put a bit of lime pickle in them so I guess I win the truly wierd peanut butter sarnie award. I've also mashed together peanut butter, curry paste and banana's I kind of think of it as being vaguely satay'ish....don't knock it till you've tried it....on second thoughts I prob do have quite strange taste :D

Have nothing in your house you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.

William Morris

• Quote from Danni

yes!!! you are the only other person ive found who knows of that combination...everyone else ive said it to has found it really odd! its yummy:D

Not in a sandwich, but on toast... its one of my fave breakfasts!:p

• Quote from Chegzy

that mushroom pate that you buy from healthfood shops, i eat it straight from the tube :p

i've got some tartex pate which i bought months ago, but for some reason still haven't tried it.

i'm just writing this as a reminder to myself to actually eat the stuff:p

• Definitely with you on the peanut butter and cucumber thing yum!
    Guacamole is good,
    lentil pate,
    mixed bean chilli pate (kinda like refried beans),
    a really good chutney and salad.
    make a tomato based soup with rice and beans ( herbs and cinnamon) eat it fresh for tea then the next day the rice has absorbed the liquid, mash it up and have it with salad.
    Mashed banana with a bit of dark chocolate grated in.

Enjoy!:D

• peanut butter and banana.....yummmmmmmmmmm.

Or even just banana on it's own.

Apples and grapes are nice with stuff in sandwiches too.

:hug:

"One cannot see well except with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes" :heart:

• I went into infinity foods in Brighton today and they now sell pre packed sandwiches It was a novelty to actually go somewhere and be offered a choice .I opted for beetroot, spinach leaves, sprouting beans on rye bread :D

• Quote from AnnieAnne

What's in a Sloppy Joe?

It's mince (kinda like a really thick bolognaise or chilli), very messy to eat but tastes heavenly.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved package, but rather to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...........WOW!! What a ride!!!"

• Quote from AnnieAnne

What's in a Sloppy Joe?

Vegetarian TVP Sloppy Joes
    Ingredients:

• 2-3 tbsp olive oil
    • 1 onion, diced
    • 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
    • 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
    • 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
    • 1 tbsp chili powder
    • 1 tbsp soy sauce
    • dash hot sauce or tabasco sauce (optional)
    • 1 tbsp sugar
    • 1 1/2 cups TVP
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • 5-6 hamburger buns

Preparation:

In a large skillet, sautee the onion and peppers in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are soft.

Reduce heat to medium low and add the remaining ingredients (except buns) and stir well to combine. Allow to simmer for at least 15 more minutes. Spoon onto hamburger buns and serve hot.

Very yummy!:thumbup:

I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames. -Jim Morrison