Jungle Buddy

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from dawn rose

oh wow where you find him

In my wood pile ,chilling out under a log

• Is it a slow worm or an adder? Only if it's a adder please stay away from it, i believe they bite and while it won't kill you it's not nice, if it's a slow worm then the kids will be ok to handle it.

• Quote from MILF

I got bitten by a snaky thing at the weekend! Got all orrible and infected

That sounds very much like an adder bite.

I've looked at that photo and i'm certain that it's a slow-worm, but please check it out.
    Slow- worms are actually lizards with no legs.and tend to be a sort of grey/brown in colour. Adders normally have a dimond pattern on them on their head, but as my glasses are in my stolen car i can't see the details that well, sorry

• Quote from lulu62uk

That sounds very much like an adder bite.

I've looked at that photo and i'm certain that it's a slow-worm, but please check it out.
    Slow- worms are actually lizards with no legs.and tend to be a sort of grey/brown in colour. Adders normally have a dimond pattern on them on their head, but as my glasses are in my stolen car i can't see the details that well, sorry

dont fret,
    it is a slow worm :thumbup:
    i had him slithering up my arm n strangley enough they dont feel slimey;)
    why did i expect it to feel slimey ?

• hes beautiful!! i have never found a slow worm, i found a grass snake once and got very excited but it was only little!

Cool Friend Jo xxx

• oh ok hun, i was just looking them up on www.bridgend.gov.uk
    They got some good info there, but your right it's a slow worm, are'nt they great, kids love them and if you can get some old corregated sheets and lay them some where, where the sun gets you can get more. They also eat slugs so great for the garden. enjoy.

• Quote from Fibi

hes beautiful!! i have never found a slow worm, i found a grass snake once and got very excited but it was only little!

Cool Friend Jo xxx

aww we get loads of em here.
    specially in me compost bin for some reason .

i know some ppl dont like snakey things but i think hes well cute :D

• hehe hes ace mate:grin: when i was a nipper the school i went to had a pet slow worm, he escaped and was found 2 months later in a wellyboot.lol he was aptly named houdeni

• Slow worms are great.
    Used to catch them as a kid.
    Sadly declining in number due to lack of habitat.
    Don't touch the last inch or so of the tail as it will snap off.
    They do this as an escape mechanism when being chased.
    Don't worry it'll grow back.