Cake Recipe Thread

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Sarah's digustingly disgusting chocolate cake in process...Made for No1 son's 21st birthday...

Cooked...

part of the great feast:D

:woohoo: for sarah!!
    xxx

• mmmm disgustingly disgusting choc cake sounds and looks divine!

try it.. you know you want to..

there's hardly any left.. it was truly gorgeous.. it seemed like a lot of cocoa, as I used five eggs, but it was worth it.. totally YUMMMMMMM!!

• nice cake Claire. If I tried cooking with a laptop in the vicinity, I think it would end in tears!

• Cupcake recipe

8oz margarine
    8oz caster sugar
    4 lg eggs
    8oz plain flour (i used GF flour)
    2tsp baking powder (I used GF bp)
    icing or buttercream and sprinkles

Put all ingredients into a large bowl and whisk for 2 mins with an electric handmixer, or slightly longer by hand. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if the mix is too thick. Spoon into muffin cases but only half fill as they rise well. Bake for approx 20-25 mins at gas 4 until risen and slightly brown. Cool, ice, sprinkle then eat, eat eat!!!!
    Makes approx 18-20 cakes. You can halve the recipe if you want less cakes....but that would be madness, in my view!!!

• These are they....made them yesterday for my birthday, and they are so nom nom :)

• I've made this, its really really nice.