British teens sexually assaulted in NZ

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from GIROGUY

firstly, bullet in the head, taken completely out of context? i said i would put myself forward to stop anyone, including you, from being tortured in these ways! i would kill to stop you being tortured and abused!

But you won't intervene to stop the state killing people who may be innocent?

mob rule? no, personal choice....I WILL NOT LEAVE LIFE TO BE ABUSED!!! i will compare humans to bacteria (dogs are innocent)....and who here has the intellectual honestly to disagree!

Sorry, this is descending into an incoherent rant. Can you tell us exactly what you propose, re: capital punishment?

• Quote from Atomik

Disempowerment.

Hi Atomic I dont think I am the kind of person that seeks power or the type to force anthing on anyone else, I belive that none of us are any better than anyone else.
    I dont know if that explians anything or not.
    When I read about these sort of crimes its the victims that I feel for then I become really angry inside and then it seem like a dark cloud comes over me then depression follows.:(

• Quote from Greenthing

Hi Atomic I dont think I am the kind of person that seeks power or the type to force anthing on anyone else, I belive that none of us are any better than anyone else.
    I dont know if that explians anything or not.
    When I read about these sort of crimes its the victims that I feel for then I become really angry inside and then it seem like a dark cloud comes over me then depression follows.:(

You're misunderstanding the term "power" in that context. "Power" relates to our ability to exercise positive control - to help, to facilitate change, to create better circumstances.

• Quote from Atomik

You're misunderstanding the term "power" in that context. "Power" relates to our ability to exercise positive control - to help, to facilitate change, to create better circumstances.

I think see what you mean, I dont have any means to to do anything about such crimes, so that can cause me to become depressed and angry.
    Hope that this makes sense.

• Quote from Greenthing

I think see what you mean, I dont have any means to to do anything about such crimes, so that can cause me to become depressed and angry.
    Hope that this makes sense.

Yup. That's the ticket. Feelings of powerlessness and helplessness lead to frustration, anger and depression.

• Quote from Atomik

Yup. That's the ticket. Feelings of powerlessness and helplessness lead to frustration, anger and depression.

Thank you for that it says a lot:thumbup: , so now i have to find away to stop these feelings I have any advise would be welcome :)

• i propose capital punishment MUST be looked at again! it is not enough to sit around defending pure evil to sit around in a cage! it is bad enough that we have been conditioned to think that way, but also we have to pay for these sick fuckers to live, its crime on the individual and a crime on the people! my head hurts, this is all linked in one way another to day to day life...good people are scraping though life and suffering, while paying vast amounts to keep fucking utter evil alive in a cage! look, if i ever commit a horrible crime, get rid of me!!!! i am ready and willing to sign a social contract that binds me to this! its a simple equation, suffering can be measured, cause alot of suffering and your gone! i will not name prisoners who deserve this treatment...but the ones i cannot name worry me even more!!!

• giroguy do you not see that brutality breeds brutality? and to kill someone for comitting a crime against the public will make you and the rest of us no better than the person who is being executed?

• Quote from GIROGUY

i propose capital punishment MUST be looked at again!

Yeah, let's bring it back and start killing innocent people again. Posthumous pardons, here we come. :rolleyes:

it is not enough to sit around defending pure evil to sit around in a cage!

What is this "pure evil" you talk of? Are you a christian? Or are you referring to fucked-up people with mental and emotional problems?

it is bad enough that we have been conditioned to think that way

Speak for yourself. I have a mind of my own. ;)

but also we have to pay for these sick fuckers to live

Again, can you clarify your language please? What exactly do you mean by "sick fucker"? Also, I assumed from your username that you were signing on? So that would mean you're not paying for anything, right? ;)

fucking utter evil

Look, people aren't born evil. They are shaped by their experiences. Or some people may actually be sick, which isn't their fault. So largely, we can assume that it is society that has created such people. It therefore follows that creating a society that actually endorses state executions and mutilations will be counter-productive. You don't discourage violence by practising it. Check out the USA if you doubt that. Violence breeds violence, and capital punishment has never been demonstrated to work as a deterrent.

Stop perpetuating the politics of hatred and revenge. It's exactly those sentiments that have fucked society up in the first place.

• Quote from Atomik

state executions and mutilations will be counter-productive. You don't discourage violence by practising it. Check out the USA if you doubt that. Violence breeds violence, and capital punishment has never been demonstrated to work as a deterrent.

That is correct.:thumbup:
    America has experimented with both physical and chemical castration as a solution to sex offenders. It wasn't successful.

• Post by vanmanchris ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Post by vanmanchris ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.