Freedom Festival 2009 portugal

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• yea looks pretty special, im gonna book this holiday 4 sure as i missed out on Boom this year...due to saving up for my PIONEER CDJ 1000S MK3S! Woop, woop 3 weeks to go snd ive got the money

• ah fanx hun....yep it's been a real challenge to save esp with missing out on boom. i'm gonna get the decks and get busy on them for the next year...
    Can't wait!

x

• Seriously concidering Freedom festival next year, wanna take the van and do a 3 week trip, however were also concidering thailand or india.......

Cant do both you see

• I remember seeing fliers for this at Boom, don't think it's on the same site though - which is good news for anyone taking a van and not wanting to queue for 24 hours!

• Quote from Sthenno

I remember seeing fliers for this at Boom, don't think it's on the same site though - which is good news for anyone taking a van and not wanting to queue for 24 hours!

Carine told me about that 24 hour queue last year ...so it was the same again then? Deferably a bit off putting spending a whole day in a queue for a few days on site so I hope it is a better site.

• Quote from Chazz

Carine told me about that 24 hour queue last year ...so it was the same again then? Deferably a bit off putting spending a whole day in a queue for a few days on site so I hope it is a better site.

Yeah, I think that was the case for anyone arriving on the Monday. I don't think it's something they can do much about though, think it's just a side effect of 40,000 people trying to use dirt tracks on a nature reserve to access a site that just isn't designed to hold that many people.
    Most people got over it pretty quickly though, as they still had nearly a week on site, and the festival does try and dissuade people from arriving by car, warning them of long queues.

• Quote from lynnluvscornwall

my friendds from home at truro r off 2moro 2 catch a glimpse,, thou they not sure if they will o missed it by time they actually get over ther. going by ferry n car..

Of Freedom festival? It's not on til next year!

• Hi,

The Freedom (Boom little brother...) is not taking place on the same site.
    It's the same kind of settings than the Boom but far less beautiful (artificial "rectangular" lake), but it's really hard to beat the Boom spot!

For those with a map it's located near Elvas (further south than the Boom - East of Lisbon, near the Spanish border).

Organisation has a lot in common (in term of people) with the Boom but (at least last year) it's also a lot smaller than the Boom and much more a psytrance festival.

• Boom was a nightmare to get into - took a day - but was great once inside.
    Will either go to Boom or Ozora festival but not sure which and both are on at the same time.