Reading festival anyone?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Im going!!!

Its madness..... The further you camp away from the areana the quiter the campsites are..... bring ear plugs and if you buy a crate of tesco value larger (or any brand) They will swap it for a crate of carling :D

• I have been to leeds twice and assuming reading is the same...which i imagine it is i think its massively overrated..

although i would go if someone gave me a ticket.

Have a good time :)

• Quote from Roodye

Nice one!
    Who you most looking forward too?
    Natty, Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip and basically all the lock-up bands on Friday for me!

The lock up stage looks like a blistering line up.... although im gonna have to choose between pennywise or Rage.....

Im looking forward to seeing Flogging Molly the most though :D

• I'm going my dear, working on one of the bars though! Come find me on one of the bars lol. I don't know which one, hopefully dreamtime bar! Its amazing.
    30 minute walk to the festval from the campsite though, there is even a shuttle bus!! Lol.
    As if they swap value shit for carling! Thats amazing!!
    xx

• Quote from Pekkle

30 minute walk to the festval from the campsite though, there is even a shuttle bus!! Lol.

xx

##

What? is that the staff campsites.... i was 2 mins away from the main areana last year

• Quote from GreenFairy

Im going!!!

Its madness..... The further you camp away from the areana the quiter the campsites are..... bring ear plugs and if you buy a crate of tesco value larger (or any brand) They will swap it for a crate of carling :D

to be fair, carling isnt much better than a crate of value larger !

I went to reading every year from 2000-2005 (or 2006) about 6 times in a row, on my own and just made friends there, its fun, its not as mad as it used to be, first few years i went there was a lot destruction on the last night.

I stopped going only because i got into Shambala and smaller festivals which always choose that same weekend.

• Quote from GreenFairy

##

What? is that the staff campsites.... i was 2 mins away from the main areana last year

We have a different campsite, its the workers beer company campsite, but apparantly the shuttle bus is good for getting there n back lol. Might take it once or twice, but will be good to walk it.
    xx

• They've put Pennywise on at the same time as Rage? Madness.

Been once and to be honest wasn't a fan, but they do have some awesome line-ups. I found it a bit too lairy for my liking, but if you want a piss up and a bit of a stomp and you don't mind queues it's OK.

• cant believe rage are playing, i saw them at their last gig at reading which was supposed to be their last (ever!) and they put them on at about 7pm, heh.

That line up looks very much like 2002/2003 years, those were good ones, i reckon this years will be too!.

• I will be there working on one of the fire towers. It's like a video game where you have to try to extinguish fires quicker than the drunk people can start them. Apart from the music it's a terrible festival, I do it for the danger element really, hordes of teenagers pissed up on booze trying to set fire to you and each other:eek: Give me a wave if you see me on fire 25 feet in the air:waves:

• Wooo hooo! im off tommow having trouble packing and what to take.... i did not take anything last year.... just clothes a blanket and myself... Was very uncomfortable the whole weekend..... So bringing everything apart form the kithen sink

Weather is looking up to.....

I will be the one dressed in two tone and skanking to a hand held cd player on the campsites :D :D :D

• Everyone have fun? Its a shit festival buttttt I worked on the easiest bar ever! It was near festval republc, called first of may anyone see it?
    xox

• I had a riot ... literally:whistle: A crowd of about 300 people tried to bring down my fire tower with me on it. It's a terrible festival and should probably be shut down before someone gets killed, probably burnt to death in a tent, during the Sunday night mayhem. But one hell of an experience...

• in 2001 when i first went, it was the worst for fighting that i had seen in the 5 years that followed, total mayhem on sunday night (which is fairly normal) but lots of gas canisters used and torching of toilets