G8 leaders tuck in, hippocracy in action

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Gordon Brown and the rest of the G8 fat cats enjoy a 6 course lunch followed by an 8 course dinner, and he keeps a straight face when he tells us not to waste food!!
    clicky

The Prime Minister was served 24 different dishes during his first day at the summit – just hours after urging the world to reduce the "unnecessary demand" for food and calling on British families to cut back on their wasteful use of food.

The dinner consisted of 18 dishes in eight courses including caviar, smoked salmon, Kyoto beef and a "G8 fantasy dessert".

African leaders including the heads of Ethiopia, Tanzania and Senegal who had taken part in talks during the day were not invited to the function.

Talk about leading by example:rolleyes:

• Quote from PlutoPete

Talk about leading by example:rolleyes:

African leaders including the heads of Ethiopia, Tanzania and Senegal who had taken part in talks during the day were not invited to the function.

Well I bet they were well pleased....not
    To give him his due - which I don't often - G.Brown was looking a tad embarrassed sitting at the end of the table......
    As you say...load of hippocrites

The dinner consisted of 18 dishes in eight courses including caviar, smoked salmon, Kyoto beef and a "G8 fantasy dessert".

And some fish I'd never heard of....I bet it's something on the edge of extinction.....these people don't know the meaning of the word poverty.
    And I wonder how much of that food was binned afterward......

• The dinner menu, sure beats my pasta bake
    First course:
    Amuse-bouche
    Corn stuffed with caviar
    Smoked Salmon and Sea Urchin "Pain Surprise style"
    Hot Onion Tart
    Winter Lily Bulb and Summer Savory
    Second course:
    Folding Fan Modeled Tray decorated with Bamboo Grasses for Tanabata Festival
    Kelp-flavoured cold Kyoto Beef shabu-shabu, asparagus dressed with sesame cream
    Diced fatty flesh of Tuna Fish, Avocado and Jellied Soy Sauce, and Japanese Herb "Shiso"
    Boiled clam, tomato, Japanese Herb "shiso" in jellied clear soup of clam
    Water Shield and Pink Conger dressed with Vinegary Soy Sauce
    Boiled Prawn and Jellied Tosazu-Vinegar
    Grilled Eel rolled around Burdock strip
    Sweet Potato
    Fried and Seasoned Goby with Soy Sauce and Sugar
    Third course:
    Hairy Crab "Kegani" Bisque Style Soup
    Fourth course:
    Salt-Grilled Bighand Thornyhead with Vinegary Water Pepper Sauce
    Fifth course:
    Poele of Milk Fed lamb from "Shiranuka" flavoured with aromatic herbs and mustard and roasted Lamb with "cepes" and Black Truffle with emulsion sauce of Lamb's stock and pine seed oil
    Sixth course:
    Our special selection Cheese, lavender honey and caramelized nuts
    Seventh course:
    G8 Fantasy dessert
    Eighth course:
    Coffee served with Candied Fruits and Vegetables
    Wines:
    Le Reve Grand Cru Brut/La Seule Gloire Champagne
    ISOJIMAN Junmai Daiginjo Nakadori (Sake)/Isojiman Shuzo Shizuoka
    Corton Charlemagne 2005/Louis Latour Bourgogne
    Ridge California Monte Bello 1997

• Yeah, but the rules don't apply to the people in charge remember.
    Those rules are for poor folks only. ;)

In the minds of the politicians that's actually true though, lol

• Yep different rules is right! In much the same way our politicians don't need to keep expense receipts etc whereas even those in the newly-extinct 10p tax band have to justify home office costs of more than £2 a week! Guess I'll be putting off getting a new £10K kitchen in which to cook a 6 course meal until Gordon Brown takes me for his mistress!!!

• Quote from PlutoPete

The dinner menu, sure beats my pasta bake
    First course:

That's disgusting - I wonder if everyone had some of everything and if they made enough for a course each for everyone...think of the bloody waste.
    How dare those people preach about food waste.

• 'tis the old adage -

"Do as I say, and not as I do"

Makes me feel sick.

:(

"One cannot see well except with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes" :heart:

• The japanesse govt spent more on security for the G8 conference than their annual donation to Africa according to Radio 4. Go figure that one out.

• Sounds exactly like the feast in Ben Eltons book Stark where the worlds fatcats were plotting how to escape to another planet - rather than use their combined wealth power and expertise to turn things around...

• Quote from chocolatepixie

Sounds exactly like the feast in Ben Eltons book Stark where the worlds fatcats were plotting how to escape to another planet - rather than use their combined wealth power and expertise to turn things around...

Haha yes...just started reading that one...but these idiots haven't even realised they don't have another planet to go to.

Geroge Bush embarrased them yet again by letting the charade slip -

The American leader, who has been condemned throughout his presidency for failing to tackle climate change, ended a private meeting with the words: "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter."

He then punched the air while grinning widely, as the rest of those present including Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy looked on in shock.

And for anyone who believes that Bush is a glove puppet idiot and that surely his more able advisors do the real work:

Mr Bush also faced criticism at the summit after Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian Prime Minister, was described in the White House press pack given to journalists as one of the "most controversial leaders in the history of a country known for government corruption and vice".

The White House apologised for what it called "sloppy work" and said an official had simply lifted the characterisation from the internet without reading it.

I can see the headlines now...

Yes, our policies will have to change..but don't blame our government...we got the policies from an internet article but unfortunatly no-one had bothered reading it to the end.:wall:

The American leader, who has been condemned throughout his presidency for failing to tackle climate change, ended a private meeting with the words: "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter."

He then punched the air while grinning widely, as the rest of those present including Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy looked on in shock.

Well, he'll be leaving soon anyway.
    Retiring back to his texas ranch with all his fat cat oil buddies, growing fat on the money they've made, safe in the knowledge they won't be the ones who'll have to deal with all the damage they've caused in their lifetimes...

Like the person who takes you out to an expensive restaurant, orders everything on the menu, scoffs the lot including whatever you order, then sneaks out leaving you with the bill! :mad: lol

• Did they not think that partaking in such a huge meal, where I would guess most ended in the bin, they would not look like complete twats. Surely the people that plan these meetings have enough brains between them to have thought about the message they were projecting.