Tewkesbury Medieval Festival 12th & 13th July

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Tewkesbury Medieval Festival is the biggest (and best!) of its kind in Europe

Sat & Sun 12th & 13th July, Lincoln Green Lane, Tewkesbury 11am-6pm

FREE ADMISSION!
    (small parking charge)
    Over 2000 re-enactors taking part in a battle re-enactment and displays of living history.
    Jousting, falconry, displays of combat, over 120 market stalls, many varied entertainers, meads, ales, a wide variety of catering, from hog roast to vegan, and a spectacular fire theatre show at Tewkesbury Abbey Saturday evening.

25th Anniversary!

• I'm heading down there after work tomorrow, Naeni has been down there since Tuesday painting stuff and has talked me into a weekend of ale......

:eek: did I just say I had to be talked into a weekend of ale......:faint:

Anyway if you are going it shall be lots of fun........:D

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• Weehee Twister & Paul came today - look out for dodgy pics soon...

GyroLady also here... Look for the trampolines (& the landscape painted truck)
    Fairygirls next door on the swingboats

Julians in his element trundling round on the old blue Ferguson tractor

Naeni & Tigerdaddy declared war on litter...

Mr Bikebodger - not actually zooming round on electric trike or in Landy for 5 mins

Ohh its becoming an unofficial UKH gathering...:D

• You forgot to mention FERRETS! Oooh they were so cute :wub:

Paul got some wicked pics :D

Sorry we couldn't stay longer - my cast was soaked and my leg was killing me, and we were worried Seb would have to be towed off the field (though actually he was fine). We had fun though - and i'll crew for you next year, when I can actually be of some use! :p

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• Went down on Saturday....What an amazing 'free' festival....:D thanks for the tipoff BB. Really chilled atmosphere...loved the re-enactment of the 'Battle of Tewkesbury', although the rain made it a little muddy & slippy, and my sister gouged her foot on some lowslung barbed wire...ouch! We all liked the Ducking Stool:thumbup: mead/ale tents, birds of prey, and the stalls sold some amazing artisan-type things. We had to drag my sister's husband away from a particularly interesting armoury stall, he'd have bought a suit of armour if we'd let him.:D I just had to buy a Green Man to hang on my apple tree in the garden. I love all of this medievalist re-enactment/dressing-up stuff. I'll definitely be going again, next year, providing the site isn't flooded :thumbup: :)

• Quote from Nutty Jo

Went down on Saturday....

Well if you saw two hippies going through the bins that was me and Naeni.....err it was our job not just cos we wanted to... :D (minor rant the public are scum who cant read and tell the difference between plastic/glass bottles and cans...:rolleyes: )

Still was all great fun, good beer and Sunday was lovely and sunny, enough to dry out the ground pretty well to be able to lay down.... and give me a touch of sunburn..... :)

Will be there next year for sure.....:thumbup:

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• Quote from Tigerdaddy

Well if you saw two hippies going through the bins that was me and Naeni.....err it was our job not just cos we wanted to... :D (minor rant the public are scum who cant read and tell the difference between plastic/glass bottles and cans...:rolleyes: )

Still was all great fun, good beer and Sunday was lovely and sunny, enough to dry out the ground pretty well to be able to lay down.... and give me a touch of sunburn..... :)

Will be there next year for sure.....:thumbup:

No, didn't see anyone 'bin rifling' :D I know what you mean about mixing up the recycling bins, some people just aren't 'used' to recycling :rolleyes: I even saw people throwing random food wrappers into the recycling bins ...tut tut (well at least it wasn't on the ground ;) )
    Sunday was gorgeously sunny, but we could only go on Saturday (that was quite warm between the showers though) Got bitten by some midges??(either that or my sis's house has got fleas :D )

• Well, me, Dom and JJ have just got home after a wonderful long weekend at Tewkesbury. Julian and Bill will be home in the morning. It was a great free festival had a wikked time, great to see Naeni/TigerD and Twister/Paul. The only downside is I slipped in mud and damaged my bad ankle again and its sore :(

• I'm back too! Awesome week. Thanks to bikebodger for getting me down there. Great vibe, wikkid fun, good to meet new peeps and see some old ones. I mean peeps we already knew haha. Hopes to see yez all next time too. Now. Please tell me someone got a piccy of me doing my tractor driver bit?

• Quote from Nutty Jo

Thanks TD, some really good photos there:thumbup:

yeah nice. :)

they had some hot chicks in medieval times, didn't they? :eek:

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

• this was wicked!! I loved it was a really nice event just for men who want to wear tights!!!! I really enjoyed it and would love to go back next year. really enjoyed doing to artwork with annie, the mead! and of course the journey of the pigs!!! lovley to get a chance to see so many hippies as well!! a lovley weekend

• had a great time!was so lovley to see you all again. I loved doing the artwork with annie, the mead and the journey of the pigs!!! cant wait till next year