Solfest - 22/23/24 August - Cumbria

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Anyone going to this?

Looks like we are. Will be good to go to a northern festi again, a different kinda vibe. Haven't been to a festi up north since Ribblehead free festi in the late 80's...

• It will be fantastic! My friends run it and it's incredible to see what they've done. It won the family festival awards over all festivals last year and has something for everyone. Try and camp near the entrance if you get there early as there should be a tent there which in the back has free saunas and showers which you be believe me are unbelivable after a heavy night (you just give a donation if you like). Food is good but can be expensive but then no more so than other festivals. Some lovely places to visit nearby if you're able to drive. I'll be rambling about and it'd be good to see anyone there. Soooo looking forward to seeing supergrass. If you're a meat eater try annettes cumberland sausage as it is second to none.
    Be sure to get involved in some of the workshops. A beautiful lovely friendly place and they are sooo on top of keeping the toilets clean (cleaned about 3 / 4 times a day) which for us ladieez is especially important!! :)

• Yes, Last year was excellent even though My wife Sara was pregnant and we had our other 2 children with us. Grandmother has stepped in to baby sit them all this year so really looking forward to it! Last year Eat Static and System seven under the name Mirrorsystem both did chill out sets which were special.
    I think it will be about the dance music again this year
    Looking forward to Back to the planet, Michael Dog, Temple Hedz, Dreadzone!
    Also plenty of other stuff going on!
    Can't waite!!!!

"We come in peace" they said, to dig and sow we come to work the lands in common and to make the wastegrounds grow this earth divided, we will make whole so it will be a common treasury for all.

• Quote from lives-by-the-sea

Me neither - 2 weeks to go, wooo hoooooo!! :happydanc

What are you looking forward to the most?

"We come in peace" they said, to dig and sow we come to work the lands in common and to make the wastegrounds grow this earth divided, we will make whole so it will be a common treasury for all.

• This is one festy i have wanted to go to from the first year that it started but never had the spare time, I met some of the people at Castlerigg stone circle on a summer solstice who where helping to organise it for the first time a few years ago.
    I would love to go but money and time never seem to be in my favour:( ,maybe it will one year who knows.:)

• Quote from Greenthing

This is one festy i have wanted to go to from the first year that it started but never had the spare time, I met some of the people at Castlerigg stone circle on a summer solstice who where helping to organise it for the first time a few years ago.
    I would love to go but money and time never seem to be in my favour:( ,maybe it will one year who knows.:)

Its well worth sticking in your calender for next year! They seem to have done a good job of keeping the Gangsta drug dealer vibe away from this one. Its really chilled! I was at the Wickerman a couple of years ago which is similar size and there was a dirty dodgy vibe creeping in. Good crack though but id rather take my kids to this one! long may it evolve in this way! And roll on the 22nd!

=Mahdlo]Its well worth sticking in your calender for next year! They seem to have done a good job of keeping the Gangsta drug dealer vibe away from this one.

Yeah and i hope it lasts they always seem to get into most festivals.:(

Good crack though but id rather take my kids to this one! long may it evolve in this way! And roll on the 22nd

I like festivals with the family atmosphere you dont seem to get much bother, and its great to take your kids to those type of festys.:D

EVERYTHING!!!! 1 week to go now - woo hooo hooooooo!!!:)

Me too but the dance/chill out line up is second to non!!!!
    Bring it on!!!!

• We're heading down either tomorrow (hopefully if we get our gear sorted) or thursday early morning to help with the finishing touches and for me to probably control the kids while glenn (my partner helps do manly work on the site), lol. If you like hot showers and coffee, try and camp near the entrance as there is a great solar powered shop with sauna and showers which are free and you just donate whatever you can - I always pop £1.00 in at least. Oh but don't take our space :pp .
    I shall be very much chilled by saturday night - can't wait to see supergrass, last time I saw them was 04 glastonbury and they were fantastic!
    Have you got your fancy dress costume for the weekend?

• We will be heading up at about 7 on thursday evening, trying to get there in time to get the tents up before dark. I remember the sauna and shower from last year, there was always a couple of people sat out the front with a fire in a cullinder hanging off a steak, I did'nt check it out though. I must do this year! Im surprised that there isnt more people from uk hippy going, You really don't know what your missing! Personally I am looking forward to all of the dance stuff and then Dreadzone on the main stage on Sunday night to finnish off! Its going to be bouncing! Hopefully our paths will cross so I can say hello Katy but if not then have a good one and talk about it on hear after!!! Take it handy!!!

• Quote from HighlandFaery

Wish I was going! Tickets are all gone!:(
    Next year...I'll be more organized, and do them all!!!!!

I have car pass and 2 adult tickets if you're interested? Can't go anymore...let me ASAP if you do

Sarah :.)

• The wife and I have had a great time at Solfest thanks to our friends who asked us to crew for them, they had the Tilton double decker bus behind the dry stone wall stage.
    We arrived at about 12.30 am Saturday morning just in time to see a band that we have met before called Tarantisim it was great to see them again and we loved their performance.
    Strange things do happen at festivals I know because we also met a lot of friends we had not seen for quite a few years, one of which is a member of the band Diddley squat who also preformed on the dry stone wall stage.
    Solfest is on my list for next year.
    I hope all that were there had a good a time as we did.

• Had a fantastic time too! Did you get out before the field started to flood on tuesday? Was sooo good getting a proper pub lunch in carlisle on the way back home though - pity they got rid of peace cake cafe, I was a bit miffed about that. supergrass were ace, blinding in fact, worked our way down from the back of the crowd by the beer tent to the very front. You may have seen me in my pink wig tiara and wand, sprinkling ppl with pink glitter on my way. :)

Had a fantastic time too! Did you get out before the field started to flood on tuesday? Was sooo good getting a proper pub lunch in carlisle on the way back home though - pity they got rid of peace cake cafe, I was a bit miffed about that. supergrass were ace, blinding in fact, worked our way down from the back of the crowd by the beer tent to the very front. You may have seen me in my pink wig tiara and wand, sprinkling ppl with pink glitter on my way. :)

I left on the Tuesday it was muddy but I had no probs getting off site apart from the usual sliding about but the old Van has seen worse.
    I stopped off at Hexham park and got some shut eye.
    Cant say that I saw you even though I probably did (to stoned to remember)

• Quote from Greenthing

A few more pick's
    The wife in our mates place

That tent was at shamania this year.. was really nice.......

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• Quote from moonpup

That tent was at shamania this year.. was really nice.......

It was nice like the photo did not do it justice is was well chilled when the lights were on the big purple crystal thing at the back of the tent.
    This photo of my wife and Mark,Lesley, and thier Daughter I cant think of her name as I have only met her twice, they are all very nice people who's tent it was.
    Mark is looking for the Genie in the little bottle he found.