midsummer blessings to you all

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• As a pagan its an important one to me, not exactly my fave, that would be Beltain:D . But here we are midsummer already, the year has flown by. Mine as some of you here have read on my posts hasnt been the best of years so far and today im feeling a little shaky and a little sadness but im not going to let it stop me taking part in the ceramony i have arragned to attend tonight.

This is also going to be my first ever experience at stepping into the role of priestess. My friend who is a druid priest has asked me to take on this part for a memorial and healing ritual following the death of a close friend of mine a few months back. Steve passed away with Leaukima (excuse spelling) at just 38 years old, tonight at our ceramony were going to do some healing for other sufferers and send out energies to those who need it.

We will also be having a party after the ceramony which will go on till tomorrow morning then on to Witchfest in Cardiff.

So please do remember while your out partying tonight to just take a moment and send some positive thoughts out to our earth, reflect back but also look forward and of course .....

ENJOY
    :woohoo: :happydanc :bounce: :cheer: :sun2:

• , i hope your ritual brings you strength ,
    yes midsummer a turning point for me , always has been . but this year especially so , i look forward to a different life . a very different person than i was one year ago .

life changes you , its how you deal with the bad things that defines your place on the earth .

carole x

• A wonderfully important day - our Father Sun reaches the apex of his powers and at that very same moment his shadow-self is birthed!

After the 'standing still', a turning point indeed - a time for spiritual illumination - light is being poured into the eyes of those willing to see - and the rest sit blindly drinking stella and smoking blunts in ritual celebration of the inner (and outer) work they have not done and often have little understanding of!

The Theosophists call this the time of Great Renunciation:

"Similarly, by detaching ourselves from personal motive as far as possible, our highest wisdom and love can exert themselves -- and the world around us will be benefited accordingly...Simply put, summer symbolizes maturity and ripening judgment, when our natural interest turns to the needs of others. This solstice period is perhaps the sacred season to which we can most easily relate, because altruism and service is something all of us understand." (Sunrise magazine, June 1998)

Roll on 11:59 this evening - An enlightening Litha,Alban Hefin, Sun Blessing, Gathering Day, Feill-Sheathain, Vestalia, Thing-tide, St. John's Day, etc., to one and all ...

• my lift has let me down, looks like its a night in on my own, no party, no ritual, no friends around me, nothiing.

Feel so let down. This has to be the worst midsummer i can ever remember.

• Its down Gower, im in Neath. Maybe able to get there but cant get back, public transport will be finished by then. Camping out is not an option as i have to get to Cardiff very early tomorrow morning for witchfest.

This is just shit

• But there will be other people going - you might be able to get a lift back to Neath or even directly to Cardiff with one of them afterwards? Worth asking I'd have thought :) Where there's a will there's often a way - I hope you manage to make it there and back OK :)

• The summer solstice is still happenning wherever you may be, and it's really about the changes happenning within you and in your environment, and how they link together.

That can be celebrated anywhere, can't it?

• Quote from princesstigermouse

The summer solstice is still happenning wherever you may be, and it's really about the changes happenning within you and in your environment, and how they link together.

That can be celebrated anywhere, can't it?

I just felt i didnt want to be on my own tonight, its like xmas isnt it, everyones out there partying, i just needed distracting tonight particularly, i wont be celebrating, nothing to celebrate now. I just felt i needed my friends around me.

• nice dream if u celebrate the solstice you will never be alone hunny.i shall be staying at home tonight to.
    im hopeing to watch the sunset whilst out with my dogs and thres noone else i would rather be with.then home to tuck in my small people and make a toast to the universe.
    then up again at silly oclock to watch the sunrise with my pooches again:)

i agree ptm solstice can be celebrated anywhere,personally i find i do a lot of reflecting and embraceing of my life at this time:)

• We'll only get about 3 hours of darkness up here tonight, from about 11.30pm until 2.30am. And even then, it won't properly get dark.

Usually I just go to the beach and spend the solstice on my own, smoking and contemplating what's been. Then clear my head and try to visualise what I want and how I'm going to get there over the next 6 months..... :o

This year I've asked some friends to come too, and hopefully if it's nice weather we can build a fire and make merry. :D Although it's quite likely I'll end up being on my own again anyways.

But NiceDream (nice name btw, I's off to see Radiohead next week), maybe turning the negative into a positive like Halo suggested would be good for you? Or maybe it's what you're supposed to be doing this year? Either way, sending you lots of positive vibes love honey!

:hug:

"One cannot see well except with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes" :heart:

• Thanks, a friend has decided to go tonight so i might be ok for a lift there and back.

Cinders still might go to the ball.

When you seeing radiohead? Im going Tuesday at victoria park.

• Quote from NiceDream

Thanks, a friend has decided to go tonight so i might be ok for a lift there and back.

You see, I told you where there's a will...:) I hope you get there (and back!) and enjoy it - happy solstice hun :D

• Quote from HappyHippy

You see, I told you where there's a will...:) I hope you get there (and back!) and enjoy it - happy solstice hun :D

Thank you and bright blessings:)

• Don't be nervous - well I know that's easy for me to say but - you know what I mean - try to just go with the flow - I have a feeling you're meant to be there tonight :) But if it's gonna do you any good you'll need to feel relaxed, not nervous. Just be you - and enjoy :D

• Well - here's a wee suggestion - take or leave as you will but maybe it might help. You know that list of things good and bad you made - if you've got time write it out by hand on some paper - don't just print it, writing with a pen will make it more personal to you - then take the piece of paper with you and put on your fire tonight and watch it burn. Maybe that's just hippy bollox, but I think you might feel better for it. Remember you are a fine gentle person and let go of all the negative self image that recent life has forced upon you and look forward to the next year with a happy heart :hug:

• Quote from HappyHippy

Well - here's a wee suggestion - take or leave as you will but maybe it might help. You know that list of things good and bad you made - if you've got time write it out by hand on some paper - don't just print it, writing with a pen will make it more personal to you - then take the piece of paper with you and put on your fire tonight and watch it burn. Maybe that's just hippy bollox, but I think you might feel better for it. Remember you are a fine gentle person and let go of all the negative self image that recent life has forced upon you and look forward to the next year with a happy heart :hug:

Thank you, done the list and hes on it.

• Quote from NiceDream

Thanks, a friend has decided to go tonight so i might be ok for a lift there and back.

When you seeing radiohead? Im going Tuesday at victoria park.

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, busy weekend!

I'm off to see them on Friday afternoon in Glasgow Green. I'm SOOOOO excited!

"One cannot see well except with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes" :heart:

• Quote from Chelly

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, busy weekend!

I'm off to see them on Friday afternoon in Glasgow Green. I'm SOOOOO excited!

Ill let you know how it goes tomorrow, im looking forward to it now and my son is really excited. This will be my third radiohead gig, just gotta love em eh! You seen them live before?

• Nope, I made a list of bands I really needed to see before I die when I was about 19, and they're the last ones on it. Every time they've played in Scotland for the last few years I haven't been able to get tickets, or I've been away etc.

Of course, I have a new list now... ;)

Oooh, tomorrow - that's really exciting!! Is it your sons first radiohead gig?

• yeah its the first time he will see them live. I think were gonna have a fun time together