Dealing with parasites and infestations

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from Doktor Atomik

What, so you were ok with having head lice before you knew that? :harhar:

LOL! No, I hate the little buggers .. ever since I got dredds whenever there's an epidemic at school I panic! But now I'm even more creeped out!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Quote from Firinne

LOL! No, I hate the little buggers .. ever since I got dredds whenever there's an epidemic at school I panic! But now I'm even more creeped out!

I caught fleas at beautiful days, which freaked me out too. Took ages to work out where the hell they'd come from.

I caught fleas at beautiful days, which freaked me out too. Took ages to work out where the hell they'd come from.

I didn't know humans could catch fleas! Bugger, I'd better dose the stray.

If I end up in plaster will everyone amuse me too? *scaredofthecatsmiley* ;)

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Quote from Firinne

I didn't know humans could catch fleas! Bugger, I'd better dose the stray.

Dog and cat fleas can't breed on a human host, but they can still hang around for ages causing problems. Human fleas (rare) are a different matter though.

If I end up in plaster will everyone amuse me too? *scaredofthecatsmiley* ;)

Oooh. Fleas in yer plaster cast. There's a thought!

Dog and cat fleas can't breed on a human host, but they can still hang around for ages causing problems. Human fleas (rare) are a different matter though.

Oooh. Fleas in yer plaster cast. There's a thought!

I didn't know there was such a thing as human fleas ... but if we introduced a few to your cast I bet that'd cute your boredom pretty fast! :insane:

Jiddu Krishnamurti

I had my first cast itch the other day. That was bad enough!

Knitting needles, they're a godsend :)

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• For the information, we have success at eradicating head lice, by tea tree conditioner and a nit comb.

Hours on your knees by the side of the bath with girls, combing through miles of long hair for the lousy little louses. Shannon does insist I don't squash them though, but give them a chance to survive down the drain. :)

• We can all live with these extra creatures and if not can choose to use natural and humane ways of ridding them (not killing) them from our homes so I dont think it is an issue

• I live in the country in an old cottage and insects and mice are almost a way of life...

I used to have mice but i found where they were gaining entry and i first started blocking up the hole with tissue....eventualy it became too much of a hassle for them to keep clearing it so they gabe up abd now live happily under my patio... I placed plant pots at small intervals along runs between holes so they have cover from the birds of prey...i'm fascinated and love to watch them... I ignored the wasps nest in the loftand i never got stung...

but......flies...oh yuk sorry..those i just cant have in the house....
    and if i ever have the misfortune of catching headlice....theyre on their way out too..

• This last week every morning when I put the light on in bathroom or kitchen you can suddenly see the wasps on the outside of the window trying to get in, and in they get!!!!!! sorry but its been war here, don't want them hiding in our flat for the winter.

If only I had some household staff, apparently years ago, when outside, the Royals would cover some poor member of staff in Jam to distract the wasps and flies away from their picnic........

I want to walk up the side of the mountain
    I want to walk down the other side of the mountain,
    I want to swim thru the river and lie in the sun,
    I want to try and be nice to everyone.

• hmmm...my wasps luckily dont come in through the window... i've had a couple of spooked partridges...but they dont wait for the windows to open...they just fly straight through the glass....:(

and haha (sp) ...i just read my last post here..... note to self...put the light on while typing... you might get to hit the right keys.!!!