The-relationship-between-cigs-and-alcohol

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Why-is-it-that-I-can-go-weeks-without-a-cig...not-even-want-one-but-as-soon-as-I-have-a-glass-of-wine-or-beer-I-smoke-like-a-trooper???:frust:

I-only-smoke-when-I-drink-alcohol...how-do-I-stop-the-relationship-without-having-to-give-up-getting-drunk-with-my-friends?

any-tips?

Ta-peeps:D

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• How about getting smashingly drunk and smoking so much you get a headache or actually throw up? That should put one off said combo for a while... hehehe

• Quote from tulip

How about getting smashingly drunk and smoking so much you get a headache or actually throw up? That should put one off said combo for a while... hehehe

hmm-I-do-that-most-weekends:broc:

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• Quote from Doktor Atomik

I have this exact problem. It's what got me smoking again over the summer - too many pub visits and sunny beer gardens. Ho hum. On the bright side, a trip to hospital and three days confined to a bed has helped me kick it again :thumbup:

well-done:)

Well..my-training-has-cut-down-the-alcohol-I-drink...hence-I'm-smoking-a-lot-less.

May-try-hypnotherapy-again...but-last-time-it-was-a-negative-experience...I-ended-up-in-trauma...kinda-shaking-and-crying-after-the-first-session...and-the-2nd-wasn't-much-better...

my-mind-dosn't-like-being-fucked-with...may-try-self-hypnosis-instead.

• Quote from Claerie

I-only-smoke-when-I-drink-alcohol...how-do-I-stop-the-relationship-without-having-to-give-up-getting-drunk-with-my-friends?

Exxxactly my problem!! I smoked eight a couple of nights ago during a party when i hadnt smoked before that for a month!! I think I need to tell my friends to stop me buying them or to stop giving them to me... :rolleyes:

• The last time I smoked was at B-Days fest, so, I guess I'm pretty much quit. I tell you wahat else sucks though. After a few glasses of red, Steak seems like heaven. I'd almost kill for a steak right now. How come, after not eating meat for so so long, the craving can take hold so mujch?
    Soerry. Off topic! But how come?

• Look into CBT, if you break the association between alcohol and cigs you won't automatically reach for one.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• try nicotine gum, it helped me a lot, particularly the first few times i went out on the piss and had just given up...tell everyone you dont smoke, so they dont offer you cigarretes...one thing that helps too:

when you wake up the next morning after a heavy night of smoking and drinking, smell your clothes, your hands, your hair, its makes you so sick..its disgusting....cigarettes are so nasty.:insane:

Saw you riding on a moon cloud,
    Saw you walking on a whirlpool,
    From the corner of my eye,
    I saw you.

• Quote from Firinne

Look into CBT, if you break the association between alcohol and cigs you won't automatically reach for one.

What's CBT?

• Quote from Boy Anachronism

The last time I smoked was at B-Days fest, so, I guess I'm pretty much quit. I tell you wahat else sucks though. After a few glasses of red, Steak seems like heaven. I'd almost kill for a steak right now. How come, after not eating meat for so so long, the craving can take hold so mujch?
    Soerry. Off topic! But how come?

If you find out tell me? That gourmet sausage stall at BDs was tormenting me every morning, pity they can't have a veggie version so there's something more interesting than chips and falafel to balance it out!

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Quote from Claerie

What's CBT?

Cognitive behavioural therapy, it's a blend of cognitive and behavioural therapies that looks at breaking the connections between events and automatic reactions (eg: stress, reach for a cigarette) and looks at the thought patterns that feed the problem/addiction and focuses on replacing them with more healthy and empowering patterns. It can be really helpful for any form of substance abuse, and numerous other problems.

Shop around for a good therapist though, because CBT is so popular and it's based on a set analysis/treatment pattern it attracts a lot of pop psychologists.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Quote from Claerie

Why-is-it-that-I-can-go-weeks-without-a-cig...not-even-want-one-but-as-soon-as-I-have-a-glass-of-wine-or-beer-I-smoke-like-a-trooper???:frust:

Oooo I can relate to this one :0) Mind you since I have been pregnant I have been a good girl apart from the odd pipe!! I am not a big drinker anyway, can't be doing with it really prefer a smoke, but the pub/party atmosphere does it to me everytime, thats when the poncing roll ups starts hehehe

Anyway, Stonesy has been trying to give up too!! he has tried but not succeed yet!! Not that he has really tried hard as such. Anyway, I saw this thing on the box about a machine that uses a static charge to reverse the cravings of nicotine... there is a link below to read more about it. The two people that tried it on the programme said it had worked for them, leaving their body as if they had never touched a cigerette. I thought it quite interesting!! It's relatively unheard of still but I am sure if it is any good, in time it will be used widely!! Wait and see huh!! but read for yourself.

Click here for website about it ... http://www.monadith.com/

If anyone else knows about it, knows if it is successful etc... as we are looking into it as an alternative way to the usual stuff.

Love and light
    Xxxx Stormy xxxX

• I rekon you should give the manky yucky herbal cigarettes a go.. I think you just like the habit of having something in your hand and something to suck on :mrgreen: and yes that may sound rude.. but you know what I mean :mrgreen:

Those herbal cigarettes are icky!! But they may help.. and they wont harm you.. well not as much as cigs!!

• Quote from Boy Anachronism

Stormy, did you just say that you smoke a pipe whilst pregnant?!

Once or twice but not very much I worry to much, as they don't know the true effects on the unborn child. Oh and when I went to the Wickerman festie I did a little coz of the atmosphere it was hard not to :0/ I know not very good :0( I don't use tobacco though!!

And I might smoke a little during the birth but I have a homeopathy birthing kit and a tens machine for that really, and hopefully a water birth :0) And the advice so far is not to as it delays labour. I didn't smoke anything with my first child.

Why do you ask????

• I just assumed it wasn't a good thing to do, having a stoned unborn baby ya know! But, I don't really know anything about it, so, I'm probably wrong. Has there not been research into it?

• Well, I asked this guy on a legalise cannibis stall at a festival, and he said it was inconclusive and knew pregnant mothers who did, with no lasting effects on the child. And I did research on the net and again research seems inconclusive. Hence I get attack of the guilties if I do, so as I said I have only toked a few times!! Funny really when I am totally opposed to cigarette smoking and drinking when preggers ... wot a hypocrite huh!!

they don't know the true effects on the unborn child.

Didn't do me any harm :D . I've heard a few things about it, the only real effect seems to be that when the mind develops (teenage years, also happens to teenage smokers) the mind doesn't become as concrete as it would normally. Neural pathways are more open and so allows for more open-minded thinking (probably) but without a strong enough mind it can overuse unusual pathways (anxiety/paranoia?) - from what I can see it's a good thing if they have the mental strength and reasoning to stay sane :insane: