Glade 2008

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Glade was awesome, but I think that was mostly down to being camped with lovely people and working at Tea and Empathy.

I had a good time, and there were just enough artists to see that my evenings were filled but there wasn't enough of the other cool stuff you get at some festivals like instalations, film screenings and performance, and healing areas (ok there was a small tent ot two). Glade is a music festival but I get the idea that for most people there, it really was all about shoveling as many drugs into their bodies as humanly possible, and where as I'm certainly not anti drugs I think that level of excess does end up taking away from the festival vibe - and you wouldn't take your kids there.

Probabably would go again, but there are plenty of better festivals to choose from!

• Quote from turpentinekiss

Probabably would go again, but there are plenty of better festivals to choose from!

Depends on what music you like really, for me the Glade is the ultimate festival (were the drugs that bad this year?) - other festivals have so much rubbish, thus I don't buy a ticket.

Last Glade I was on holiday, this one I had to work and the Sunrise festival was cancelled! Not been a good year festival-wise for me.

:(

• Quote from turpentinekiss

Glade was awesome, but I think that was mostly down to being camped with lovely people and working at Tea and Empathy.

/// Waves to Turps from Ian, the big fella . . .///

Quote from turpentinekiss

there wasn't enough of the other cool stuff you get at some festivals like instalations, film screenings and performance

That's what I thought too. When the music stages shut down at night and particularly sunday night, what better place to screen some movies .In fact, even dance based ones for example..and how about an outdoor lazer show or projections ?

Quote from turpentinekiss

Glade is a music festival but I get the idea that for most people there, it really was all about shoveling as many drugs into their bodies as humanly possible,

Oh and we saw a few of them didn't we . Damn that ketamine.