Shambala 2008

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• http://www.shambalafestival.org/

What will be on... well, we never let out much, but expect the usual Shambala concoction of quality music, cabaret, spoken word, workshops, performance arts, intimate and creative venues, site art, and the unexpected... lots more info here in early 2008...
    See a list of the venues and areas: HERE
    Just to tease you here's a few things to look forward to:

• A massive new luxury jungle hot tub area
    • Saturday night Carnival - Rio style
    • Crazy golf course is back, bigger and better
    • LOADS omore creative workshops
    • Several exciting stages of music, cabaret, poetry, spoken word, debates, and the unexpected
    • Woodland installations which will blow your mind, again
    • Really sunny weather (just like in 2007)
    • Quiet family camping areas
    • More walkabout performance and weird goings on than you can shake a stick at!

whos coming along then?

MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

• yup, i'll be there again! was one of my very favourites last year!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• If I get my dissertation finished a month early as I plan too, I'll be heading to this straight from Boom. Whether this will actually pan out or not depends largely on my ability to get my ass in gear without a deadline looming...

• Quote from spacekitty

does it have a good kids area anyone ?? xx

Yes it does, ''Festival Mama's'' work really hard to ensure the littlest of 'Shhh' kids have a great time. older kids get a very fair size of fun and teenagers seem to find the stuff they like too. It's excellent for kids.

• I'm trying to decide today whether to buy a ticket to this or croissant neuf....arghh, decisions. I have heard a lot of good things about shambala

• buy a ticket to one and work the other?

shambala is fuckin awesome to work at!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Quote from stardust

shambala is fuckin awesome to work at!

is there any way of doing it whihc doesnt require joining the green stewards?

• email them and ask. what do you want to do?

look at their website to see which cafes and stages are gonna be there then email them to ask for work or ask the organisers to put you in touch with whoever runs whatever it is you want to be involved with!

• Quote from stardust

email them and ask. what do you want to do?

look at their website to see which cafes and stages are gonna be there then email them to ask for work or ask the organisers to put you in touch with whoever runs whatever it is you want to be involved with!

I don't know... anything oddjob type thing... I have cafe experiance.... ... litterpicking is my main love but they usually have folks to do that...

• yeah, they normally have people who emailed in and asked if they could litterpick!

what you got to lose? just email them an see what happens.

• Quote from stardust

yeah, they normally have people who emailed in and asked if they could litterpick!

what you got to lose? just email them an see what happens.

that would be a dream!!!

(i'm a bit weird about litter!!)

will do!

• litterpick is wikkid. you can find some of the best stuff!!!

• *bump*

this is a couple of weeks or so away. so who's gonna be there and are we gonna meet up again?

• me and tigerdaddy are just going for the day. sick of camping in pissing rain. saturday is meant to be sunny so we're going then :) my parents are nearby so going to stay with them for a bit

• woohoo!!!!

shambala was pretty wikkid! and it was fairly dry aswell, (there was grass left at the end of it which was an improvement on most this summers festivals!)

for any of you who haven't been to this one yet - go! tis a really nice little friendly one!

• Quote from stardust

for any of you who haven't been to this one yet - go! tis a really nice little friendly one!

Shh dont tell everyone......:D

It's even better when you have free tickets......:thumbup:

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• this was amazin any1 see blackmarkets set, got up on stage twice durin that 1, n dr meek were sick aswell as the mashupclan, and others the dome was mental