More course help if youd be so kind

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Im in the middle of researching for my fmp and wondering of anyone would be so kind as to submit some images for me?

Im looking at art therapy versus art as a creative product and wanting some examples of expressive work.

If anyone has ever used an art form to express themselves through times of trouble or joy etc id love to see them, especially if you are untrained.

Ill explain a bit more - I want to explore art that has not been influenced by the art scene and has been created for purely individual satisfaction. Art that has been created to express turmoil, overcome depression or relieve tension. Bascally something close to art brut.
    If you wouldnt mind, id love anyone to email me a digital image of such work, whether they be paintings, drawings, doodles, 3d creations, anything visual really. Theres so many creative people on this site i thought id ask.

Im happy if you want to remain anonymous but will alternatively aknowledge the work with your name when i submit.
    A nice bonus would be if you titled the piece, or left a brief synopsis of what the piece means to you, again if youd rather leave that to my imagination, thats cool.

I have trawled through outsider art websites but nothing is doing it for me. A lot of it feels like its been produced purely to be exhibited, and thats not what im after, id like to see something, how can i explain..... with a soul.

I'd LOVE to see anyones creations, hope some of you are willing to help me out.

Chegz

• Quote from Sarah

Hope they are of some help for you hun :)

Sarah xxxx

Yeah thats exactly what i want, such a huge help, theyve got such spirit to them.

Thanks Sarah, theyre lovely

xx

• ive got something i drew on paint when i was going through a difficult time...would that be of any use?and its not the most creative of things..i cant draw on the pc very well!

• well i will post the black and white one up again cos its more what you are gettin at i think - i haven't done my birth art ones to do with fear and anxiety yet but i think when i do they may be of use to you n all...

Here's the black n white one

It's called Letting Go and in drawing it i was trying to get out some feelings i had left over from my last relationship and also how abruptly my old life ended and all the confusion and headfuck mind games i had to disentangle myself from - how it made me feel etc...

• There's an awful lot of imagery in that picture the more I look at it the more I understand it - I don't like it because it is trapped and trying to escape - the last bit to be drawn where the three hearts at the top - that was where i let go :)

• Quote from Sarah

There's an awful lot of imagery in that picture the more I look at it the more I understand it - I don't like it because it is trapped and trying to escape - the last bit to be drawn where the three hearts at the top - that was where i let go :)

Its absolutely beautiful and heartfelt

I can feel the entrapment leading to release
    glad you let go xx

• Quote from Danni

ive got something i drew on paint when i was going through a difficult time...would that be of any use?and its not the most creative of things..i cant draw on the pc very well!

id love to see it if you dont mind

nothing has to be well drawn, its more about the sense of something behind it

• erm, well these were done as my personal response to my feeling about my pregnancies, and my desire to be pregnant again. i have no painting training really. theylook better in real life lol.

ukhippy.com/attachment/2464/

ukhippy.com/attachment/2461/

this ones a work in progress,
    ukhippy.com/attachment/2463/

and this one was one i painted for a friend, just cos i felt it would be good for her. :)
    ukhippy.com/attachment/2462/

dunno if they will help. feel free to pm me if you want to know about them at all. :)

Turned on, tuned in, loved up, trippin out, freaky on the outside, shiny in the middle.

• This self-portrait is called Remembering, after my German Shepherd friend Harry had died.

Curfew was for a book cover. The character portayed is a fictional monster, but I drew on memories of my own shame during two years in my childhood when I felt like I was always sneaking around doing something wrong. I know now that I was only a child being wronged, but that wasn't how I saw it at the time.

• I cant provide an image I am afraid, as it would mean raiding a strangers home. What I can tell you is, an artist friend of mine was having a very bad time with her personal life (her relationship with her babies father was breaking down). She had been commissioned to paint a mural in someones home (for quite a good bit of cash I might add). The day before she started things became particularly bad in her personal life but she needed the money so went ahead with the painting. What she told me later was and I quote "she painted her dam ass off". When the mural was done, her emotions were in check but she never wanted to see the painting again. The patron was well impressed and had no idea she had provided a 'vent'. It was a creative product, but therapy at the same time.

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality"

John Lennon

• Quote from Spaced-Hopper

I cant provide an image I am afraid, as it would mean raiding a strangers home. What I can tell you is, an artist friend of mine was having a very bad time with her personal life (her relationship with her babies father was breaking down). She had been commissioned to paint a mural in someones home (for quite a good bit of cash I might add). The day before she started things became particularly bad in her personal life but she needed the money so went ahead with the painting. What she told me later was and I quote "she painted her dam ass off". When the mural was done, her emotions were in check but she never wanted to see the painting again. The patron was well impressed and had no idea she had provided a 'vent'. It was a creative product, but therapy at the same time.

Sounds good,
    Creativity can definately be fed by emotions and can intensify the product, or this is what im hopeing to find out anyway.