Eugh, it's all stinky...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Does anybody know why vegan flatulance smells so god awful? My vegan friend stopped over last night, and my lager farts were like a fresh spring meadow compared to the stench of satan eminating from the veganator...
    What's the scientific explaination?

• LOL!! Apparently if you're extremely healthy your poo and farts don't smell bad at all! I read it somewhere..........I guess some people are naturally smellier than others too (maybe not quite as scientific as you wanted?!) :insane:

• I tend to find that meateater poo etc smells worse... Unless I eat literally a ton of bad veg known for fartage - beans, cabbage, oh - tinned spaghetti - I love you but you smell on the way out dude!

Oh - it says I'm a veggie on my profile but I do occasionally eat meat when I run out of soya alternatives etc. But I don't like meat.

I heard about healthy people smelling less too - but also, a healthy person poos a small sausage 3 times a week to 5 times a week. For us lot what eat tons and of stuff that's shit for us and aren't too healthy - some of us can poo upto 3 times a fookin day, christ! And as for the smell...

Ok, so I've got a stomach condition whic means that *everything* makes my tummy upset/fart constantly/ache/rumble. I got m ore excuses. But it's no less embarrassing!

Hmm, good topic for a first post... Hahaha!

:rolleyes:

• Vegan's-smell-a-lot-lot-better-than-meat-eaters-cos-we-don't-have-corpse-rotting-inside-us:mrgreen:

you're-just-jealous...go-suck-yourself:wiggle:

but-seriously....;)

I-think-alcohol-is-the-culprit...poo-smells-so-much-worse-after-beer-etc:vomit:

We-should-all-go-tee-total..that's-the-ticket:cool:

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• Quote from Dapablo

Back to Chai again ? :)

oh...-the-nectar-of-the-new-age-gods;)

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• I find it hard enough getting about in the world as a veggie, because of things I don't eat like mayo which are in *every* prepacked sarnie... But if I was a vegan I'd be fucked.

• Quote from the dj

I find it hard enough getting about in the world as a veggie, because of things I don't eat like mayo which are in *every* prepacked sarnie... But if I was a vegan I'd be fucked.

yup-so-true...eating-out-can-be-difficult-when-you're-vegan...especially-if-you're-trying-to-be-ethical-too

M&S-do-some-great-vegan-rice/cous-cous-salads...but-what-about-the-Israel-issue?

Tesco's-great-for-vegan-food...but-they're-another-shitty-big-supermarket....co-ops-the-best-bet....Even-Holland-and-Barrat-are-owned-by-a-meat-industry-company...

Even-some-breads-have-milk-based-preservatives-in-them...oh-the-worries-of-a-modern-vegan:insane:

• Glad I'm just a veggie, then! And I eat chicken sometimes, at that. I make up my own rules but I have always preferred vegetarian alternatives/soya substitutes/TVP.

I been cooking TVP/Quorn lemon and pepper flavoured fillets of non-meat and having them cold at lunch at work. Yum!

Nothing like a good lasagne made either of all veggies, some veg and TVP mince (non-meat) or chicken. I also made it with fake-chicken and leek recently. Don't think I'll try that again. Though I suppose it made all the difference that I forgot to put in the fresh herbs... Or any at all :eek:

• Quote from Earth Whirler

*cough* veggies don't eat chicken *cough* :whistle:

I've-chilled-somewhat-on-this-issue.

Although-she's-not-a-veggie-as-such...what-she-does-is-of-worth-to-the-cause....

Not-everyone-sees-the-issue-in-the-same-light-as-me-so-I'm-happy-when-I-hear-that-they-are-at-least-limiting-their-meat/dairy-eating.

The-people-that-piss-me-of-are-the-people-that-show-no-feelings-for-animals-at-all..you-know-the-types..the-ones-that-wear-meateating-like-a-badge-on-their-manliness-or-something.:frust:

Or-the-people-that-say-they-love-animals-but-justify-their-meateating-with-statements-like-"I-eat-organic-so-that-makes-it-ok"

If-people-at-least-see-that-animal-cruelty-is-wrong-and-make-steps-to-limit-the-negative-impact-they-have-on-the-situation-I-can-chill

...ish:insane:

• If you can kill an animal yourself and eat it, then fine. But not many people could, so they pay someone else to kill animals for them. wrongneess. If I could kill an animal, I'd eat the thing, but I couldn't kill it, and I ain't gonna pay no animal assassins paycheck.

• Quote from Claerie

I've-chilled-somewhat-on-this-issue.

Although-she's-not-a-veggie-as-such.what-she-does-is-of-worth-to-the-cause

I'm not questioning what she does or doesn't do just simply being precise about the definition! :D I think it can be confusing for people who don't know what a veggie eats - who many times have people tried to offer me chicken or fish? I thinks it's good practise to keep definitions clear to avoid potentially awkward situations - a vegetarian doesn't eat red or white meat, poultry or fish. When I eat out and see a V symbol next to tuna it concerns me what else might be in their 'vegetarian' dishes.

• I am with you on that one Earth Whirler. Clear definaitions are important for those who want to make sure they are 100% veggie or vegan (well as much as humanley possible).

I think it is great when anyone cuts back on animal products, as Claerie says it all helps the cause. But clear definition is important to :D

Love and light
    Xxxx Stormy xxxX