The Dragon Festival, Orgiva

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Thats what i call a festy and in a beautiful location

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You know you're going to get it, but it's going to be rough."

• CHAAAAZZZZZZZ :( :( :( :( I WANT TO BE THERE SO SO SO BAD!!!

GIVE ROSIE A MASSIVE HUG FROM ME, TELL HER I LOVE HER AND MISS HER. ..

..give yourself a big hug from me... and tell you your amazing....

......and send me a magic carpet to ly me over to you for the last few days of the festy :(

• Quote from Fleassy

GIVE ROSIE A MASSIVE HUG FROM ME, TELL HER I LOVE HER AND MISS HER. ..

......and send me a magic carpet to ly me over to you for the last few days of the festy :(

Aw Fleassy...I so wish I could.....BANG PUFF.....ooh look...you're here...that's two wishes left on that Genie Lamp.

Rosie has saved a Green Stage info sheet...it has you down as a performer Fleassy:D

• Wail!!!!!! And here I am sick to death of cold and wind and rain, I’m hating this month, it’s been horrible weather since…. Who can fucking remember…. October? And summer never started last year until the end of July. I’m getting seriously in need of some good climate and the thought of a proper FREE festival… This thread is giving me itchy feet.

Chazz, how many festivals are you finding worth going to in a year in Andalucia? Are there more like this these days?
    I must admit that some of the stories that filtered down from this gig about 5 years ago were not so good and did not inspire me to go, but it looks like it has turned itself around.

• I wish I was too...it's 7am and I just got back home two hours ago;)

I was tempted to spend another day or two but other realities beckon...

It was good fun while at the festival, to be able to say 'there's a pic of your band playing last night on the web already, here's the url.

But a much more joyous moment was when we were sitting round the bonfire and the girl singing in this foto says she's off to dance. I tell everyone there's a pic of her dancing last night with her hair flying out behind her on the web and she's excited because she's been in the mountains down here for years but now she's got some pics she can get to when at the internet cafe and send to her grandma who brought her up, and who she reckons will be so happy to see how she is now...

So for her Grandma, here's a couple of more pics.. singing and dancing. If you understand english> your granddaughter sings and dances and lives inspirationally.

Times like that I could kiss Atomik and Paul for keeping this place going

• Quote from Chazz

Aw Fleassy...I so wish I could.....BANG PUFF.....ooh look...you're here...that's two wishes left on that Genie Lamp.

Rosie has saved a Green Stage info sheet...it has you down as a performer Fleassy:D

OOOH OH OHOOOH :( oh i was a "performaer" and i didnt even perform :( i should contact them and appologise.

i will come see you soonly chazz! *hugs*

tell rosie she's..... iunbelievable and ive missed her sooo much this last week, i hitched through france and it was just lacking a certain...... OOOOOONNNNNEEEEEEEE

• Quote from Fleassy

i should contact them and appologise.

With it being so far from the Uk, about a third of the acts never turn up, so its no biggie...but worth doing

Quote from Feanor

Chazz, how many festivals are you finding worth going to in a year in Andalucia? Are there more like this these days?

This is the only Free Festival of any size. The Rocket Festival in May is unmissable for me, a pay fest but done by people who participated in the free fests of the early eighties.

There was a new one in September..the Al Andaluz Festival near Jerez. It is more trance than the others, but not narrowly so..and had a great park up field just by the lake. One of the Organisers was at the Dragon and said that its not finalised and signed but it should go ahead.

Of course there are others furthur away like the Boom Festival in Portugal August.

2 more pics for now:

Taxi service
    Inside the Lux tent

• And a few more pics...

Maxine covered in beer as usual
    Radio Gee
    (aka The 7 Kevins)

She is a great pal who used to busk and travel with us back in the mid eighties in France and Spain. I just love their music.

Has Baba Chris got his eyes on those oranges while making the mix?

Vi...poet and inspiration and singer...The Poison Girls:)

Finally for now...another pic from the Lux tent

• amazing pics, amazing festival... I heard of the festival many times but did not relaise that it was so big!! looks like glasto.........

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• Ahh, nice pics Chazz. I finally escaped yesterday after lingering in the dust for a few days after the festival. In Granada now, I thought I was quite tanned after the weekend, but I had a wash this morning, all the brown skin seems to have gone down the lug-hole :D

:waves: