Beautiful Days 2008

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• We Have ours too !! :woohoo: so come and find us.. we will be in the children's area with our temp airbrush tattoos.. prob with the face painters..we have a fab contact juggler coming with us, and we are praying for sunshine!! will be packing extra tofu for your hangover breakfasts stardust.. and looking forward to seeing everyone.. hugs for free!!

• my ticket arrived aswell!! woohoo.....

and :woohoo: for tofu bagels, quite possibly the worlds greatest hangover cure!!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I'm pciking up my ticket there, I wish I had it to look at right now!

Fairest of the Happy Hippy Redheads
    I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive... :heart:

• Staring at your festival tickets. A great cure for the blues.

BEAUTIFUL DAYS IS ONLY A WEEK AWAY!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :woohoo:

• Quote from Storm

our tickets came through too. really looking forward to it. the cyder is already packed... :clap:

along with the wellies... :(

just found this if its true, you may not need them!!:clap:

• Quote from claireaitchbee

just found this if its true, you may not need them!!:clap:

that would be ace if it were true!! :thumbup:

when i come home witha suntan next monday i'll believe it. we went away last weekend having been promised lovely sunshine and ended up wrapped up in jumpers and blankets and dashing from the tent in the rain to go to the loo...

it would be soooooooooooooooooo nice to have a hot dry festie. not had one for literally years!!! :mad:

• i hate to break it to you but that's the forecast for Devon, Pennsylvania...

the one for ottery st mary is here

still pretty good though...

(i realise i'm gonna look a right twonk if you know already)

• pmsl, My missus, what a ninny, lovely with it.
    Mind you I didn't notice:o

• arrrr i'm gutted i cant go :( alabama 3 and xavier rudd are 2 of my favouritest bands...i bet they're gonna be awwwesome.

oh well, i got plenty more chances to be with hippies in a field :hippy:

have a nice time everyone!!! :)

• Hope you all have a great time at BD...not sure what the weather forecast is for this weekend. (Hope it's good for you peeps, it's much nicer camping when it's dry.) At a guess, I'd say overcast, cold & rainy. Well, that's what the summer's been like so far:rolleyes:

• Quote from velvetcollie

arrrr i'm gutted i cant go :( alabama 3 and xavier rudd are 2 of my favouritest bands...i bet they're gonna be awwwesome.

oh well, i got plenty more chances to be with hippies in a field :hippy:

have a nice time everyone!!! :)

Alabama 3 are playing 2 nights in Brighton at Concorde 2 in October or Novemeber.you know it makes sense :D

• ooooh excited!!!!

we're going down tonight to see Nozzle play in exetar, then off to festie tomorrow morning!!!

see you all there, can't be arsed organising a hippy meet as they usually collapse and i usually cant be bothered and then my phone dies! hehe! but keep a look out for each other, beer tents usually a plan...its like a missing hippies centre! hehehe! if you want me, text me, i might have my phone on me as there are some people i MUST see! hehe!

• Leaving this evening :eek:

I still need to wash my hair and finish packing, i'm still on crutches and struggling to get a shoe on my foot and my sister (who's supposed to be staying in my flat and looking after the animals) isn't answering her phone :panic:

Should be fun :insane::D

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• We bailed out and came back on Saturday because of the rain - It was no fun for Twister hobbling around on crutches in the mud, and I managed to pick up a throat infection somehow and hence become a miserable git - So we made the joint decision to go somewhere warm and eat pizza instead. :)

we made the joint decision to go somewhere warm and eat pizza instead. :)

Yup. Proper hardcore campers, us :pp

Seriously though, vehicles (well, only two that I saw, but that's enough) were getting stuck in the mud on the way onto the site, and twas like a swamp by Saturday - we didn't fancy getting towed off the field. My crutches were sinking in the mud :D and my foot was hurting (and still too swollen to wear a shoe, which isn't great in a wet muddy field) and Paul was ill :( so we came home ...

But it was fun :) We met people and had hugs and saw fire spinning and hula hooping and pretty people and danced (well, I did, sort of) to music and ate Pot Noodle and slept inna Sainsburys car park and Paul got some really good pictures, and it's only ONE WHOLE YEAR til we can go again - and by then i'll be able to wear wellies so s'all good :clap:

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• We bailed on the Sunday evening when it started to rain yet again. Thankfully, Bertha didn't need towing. Crutches in a sea of liquid mud is no fun.