[FOR SALE] Mercedes 508 motorhome conversion

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hi guys,

I was pondering for quite some time as to whether post this here or on "bazaar" section but this makes more sense somehow...if i need to repost elsewhere please accept my apologies and just let me know.

After a few amazing years it is time to part company with my beloved motorhome. i love her to to bits, but we just need more space...she is an awesome little rider and will make one happy camper really happy :-) she will make an ideal home for 2 (perhaps even 2 plus 1 small one) or a great festival/weekend vehicle.

so - here i go with my sales pitch (took me ages to compose that LOL)

[B]Based on a Mercedes 508 this motor home is suitable for full time living containing a shower, toilet, woodburner, large fridge-freezer, cooker/oven, a large double bed and a smaller one over the cab (ideal for children or for use as a large storage area) a dining table and plenty of worktop space and cuboards.[/B]
    [B][B]The electrics run from a leisure battery although there is also a 240 volt hook up. The fridge can run on 12 volt, 240 volt and gas. There are fitted lights in all parts of the van.
    [/B][/B]

[B]There is an on-board water tank of 80 litres which feeds a high pressure system maintained by an automated 12volt pump. A gas water heater provides hot running water at both the sink and shower (located at the raised end of the van).[/B]
    [B]The woodburner heats the van in about 20mins keeping out the cold. Both the walls and the ceiling are insulated and all the windows are double glazed. The windows on the side of the van open for ventilation as does the skylight. [/B]
    [B]The van has been completely restored and undersealed, the main body re-painted and the engine painted with VHT paint. Any rust has been rubbed back and treated leaving it dry and free from any rot. Two of the six tyres are new and there is also a spare. She has two 50 litre fuel tanks, making it ideal for long journeys and also increasing the potential use of alternative fuels. The exhaust fumes are clear and we've had no trouble with the engine, it always starts first time and we've run it virtually every day since we've owned it. She drives well and very solid - we'll be sorry to see her go. [/B]
    [B]Included with the sale are two aqua-roll waste water tanks, some levelling blocks, a 15kg butane bottle and filters.

[/B]

If you are interested please PM me for more info

Thank you for looking

PS Will only sell to nice people :-)
    [B] [/B]

"I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for the truth"

Simone de Beauvoir

• Quote from Naeni

could you put some more photos up please? I can't drive and I'm skint but it's looks so lovely so just out of curiosity! :)

no worries hun, will take some more piccies tomorrow - a little bit too dark at the moment...

come to think of it i will probably still need to post a photo of the shower room/toilet and the engine...

thanks for the words of appreciation, as i said i love this truck to bits, i would never let her go but me and bf recently upgraded to a 7,5 tonne horsebox with a separate bedroom (after living together for some time we realised - the hard way sometimes - that we do need our separate space sometimes LOL

"I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for the truth"

Simone de Beauvoir

• Quote from epona_greenleaf

How much I can't see a price, there again my eyes need testing! :)

OMG - you can tell i ve never sold anything before LOL - managed to forget the most important piece of info..

i had the truck valued at 2300 - 2500 £££, but because we need to sell it quite quickly to free up space in the drive for the horsebox conversion we are prepared to sell for 1800 £££ (and i am open to any reasonable offers, i really hate haggling...)

we were told just the parts (plus the woodburner etc ) cost more so i think we are offering a very good price :-)

Simone de Beauvoir

• Ooooh I just saw the other pictures...it really is beautiful... I dream of one day owning something like this! Hopefully when the time comes there will be treasures like this :)

• Quote from epona_greenleaf

The inland revenue owe me about that much in tax!!! Can you drive it on a normal car licence (sorry a bit thick!)

yes you can, it is classed as a recreational vechicle

Simone de Beauvoir

• Quote from Pachamama

Cheers hun, will show it to my husband and explain the benefits of it for example he can stay up all night with his friends and I could sleep in that :D

• Quote from Pachamama

ummmm...is it under 3.5 tonne?

coz up until july last year you could drive any weight motorhome on a car license. they then changed the law saying you could only drive up to the weight limit of you lisence.

if you passed your test before 1st january 1997 you're fine up till 7.5 tonne. i passed november 97, meaning my 5 and a half tonne motorhome was legal for me to drive when i bought it. it now isnt!

just thought i'd let you know!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• no the truck is plated at exactly 5 tonnes so if you passed your test after 1997 you will have to get something called C1 license - it is actually quite an easy thing to do, i just got one to drive my new bedford TL. C1 is one down from HGV and allows you to drive anything over 3,5 and below 7,5 tonnes...

Simone de Beauvoir

• Nice wagon mate. Did you buy this off a lass called Sunshine Roz??? She had a wagon JUST like this, even ad a similar reg plate....i avent seen her for years and a moon.....

Aw mate, you've made me cry, lots of good memories.....

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You know you're going to get it, but it's going to be rough."

• Hello, i have been looking for a bus like this for ages..she looks perfect. I saw that she was on ebay but didnt get a response when i asked if i could come and take her for a test drive? anyhow, just wondered if she is sold or still available? i would love to come and see her if she is still up for sale? and if she is gone....this is a call out to anyone else who has a lovely old mercedes for sale! loving home awaits! I am in my final year of uni (environment and conservation) and want to buy a van to live in. I have done it before and love the life and the freedom.
    Thank you xxx

• just to finish off - and sorry it has taken so long - out beloved motorhome has found a lucky new owner, who will be taking her out to frenchtek and other glorious locations this summer...

i miss her already and it was sad to see her go - but we now have a Bedford so happy days :pp

Simone de Beauvoir