Impressive Pets

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• After seeing the post about Britains oldest dog, I thought I'd start this thread ...

Does anybody have any pets with impressive stories behind them?

I have a goldfish that is 16 years old and still going strong :D And no my mum didn't swap it round every time it "died" :p He's genuine!

• Swapped goldfish , that made me laugh.

My cat molly , I was in a phone box making a call when she came in the phonebox and jumped up on to my shoulder , purring .
    I only lived a street away from where i was , Molly followed me to my flat , came in and I gave her some Tuna . I advertised her in the new agents window saying I had found her , I had her about a week i think when some students come round and claimed her . That when I found out her name was Molly.
    I cried my heart out when she left ! Then the next day the students were back with Molly explaining they had got another cat when they lost her and they dont get on , so would I have Molly .
    This was about 14 years ago! She has moved house with me about 5 times , she has been in a hostel. She is the most amazing animal , some of the things she does , she is more like a dog in behaviour . Making myself sound like a mad catwoman now but I know what she is thinking .
    She does me as well.
    If I go out and come back in a different car or walk home she knows and runs round the hedge to meet me .
    Every animal I have and have ever had has come to me , never purchased an animal ever .

• I was once sitting here as I am now...and I felt th urge to turn around...and my guinea pig Steve was standing on top of his hidy home looking very scared like "how did I get here?!??!?!" and he hadn't done it before..or ever again...it's not very guinea climable..has sloping smooth sides! And I hadn't drank too much either... I have photo evidance somewhere! You can see his shocked little face! I never did figure how he got there!

• Quote from Naeni

I was once sitting here as I am now...and I felt th urge to turn around...and my guinea pig Steve was standing on top of his hidy home looking very scared like "how did I get here?!??!?!" and he hadn't done it before..or ever again...it's not very guinea climable..has sloping smooth sides! And I hadn't drank too much either... I have photo evidance somewhere! You can see his shocked little face! I never did figure how he got there!

Why did he get called steve?

• Quote from Owl Knees

Maybe Steve can teleport?

DOn't get me started....:eek:

I once was sitting there alone with my overactive imagination and a guinea pig and convinced myself that Steve was actualyl a human who had been turned into a guinea pig as punishment for something or other in his home land...and I got really really freaked out and I when i got chnaged for bed i went round the house to do it in case this horrible criminal now guinea pig was perving on me!

It's reasons like this I don't and should never take drugs! hehehe!

• Quote from Naeni

DOn't get me started....:eek:

I once was sitting there alone with my overactive imagination and a guinea pig and convinced myself that Steve was actualyl a human who had been turned into a guinea pig as punishment for something or other in his home land...and I got really really freaked out and I when i got chnaged for bed i went round the house to do it in case this horrible criminal now guinea pig was perving on me!

It's reasons like this I don't and should never take drugs! hehehe!

I think you should , from the doctors lol

• Quote from reggaegotsoul

I know what you mean though I cant have sex if my cat is in the room , cause she always looks.

Haha I know what you mean ... Animals do seem to perv out!

• my 9 year old cat was a ferrel when we got her
    she was going to be put down
    we called her oscar cause my daughter said she was a boy

anyway when she was about 3 mnths we had gone shopping we had left the window open a bit cause it was summer and she couldent get up on the table or so we thought
    anyway as we walked along our road we could see something dangling in the gap of the window
    it was oscar
    there was blood and urine all over the window sill

she had somehow gotten on the table and jumped up

she had broken her back in about 3 places

but she pulled through
    the vets were amazed

• I had sectioned off the basement livingroom for Nuz's floor time and had him out for a play. After a bit, I went up stairs to get myself a tea and I guess there had been enough of a gap in the Nuz barrier 'cause when I opened the basement door to go back down with my bevy, there was Nuz hopping his little piggish way up the stairs to find out where I had gone! It was the first time he'd ever done stairs without any encouragement.

I was surprized and proud.

• Quote from reggaegotsoul

I know what you mean though I cant have sex if my cat is in the room , cause she always looks.

my black cat used to come and sit on the bed and stare :eek:

• haha, animals are great :D.

I was on holiday for 5 days and somebody was looking after Bobby, the horse I look after... Every single day he broke down his field gate and got out, then would go to the field of his little girlfriend and manage somehow to carefully open her gate and let her out - they got up to so much mischief and adventures! I came home to broken lead ropes and headcollars, a broken gate, angry farmers, an exasperated friend, and a very proud looking horse. Haha.

Another truly amazing story...
    When I had lots of chickens, the chicks were out in the garden enjoying themselves.... Peace Phoenix was off exploring on his own (silly chick!) and he came across the fox!!! :eek: Fuzzypegs, the cat, my best friend, must've seen what was going on. I looked out of the window to see the most unbelievable sight of a fox, a cat and a tiny chick - Fuzzypegs was in between the fox and the cat and was making herself really massive and hissing and growling at the fox... And Peace Phoenix was safely behind her, making agressive faces at the fox! I proceeded to sprint outside and save the situation, but god it was amazing! Fuzzypegs rocks.

• Quote from colours of thewind

my black cat used to come and sit on the bed and stare :eek:

*chuckles* cats are so amazing at making you feel small. I've never been able to have sex while fuzzypegs is around either. She starts attacking your feet :eek:

• my old dog tip once said yes very clearly i remember it like it was yesterday mum was holding a biscut and she said is this yours and tip went yes we where both really shocked but she also went through 2 banisters because when my dad used to laugh it drove her crazy and she'd go and chew the basinster to the point where you couldnt hold it when going up the stairs without getting splinters

• I had a lovely cat that was 21 years old when she was put to sleep. She would have lasted a lot longer if something hadn't broken in through the cat flap and scratched her head bald and bitten her lower jaw so their was a hole right through her tongue and chin. I had to take her to the vet and have her euthaniased because she was too old to be put under and stiched up. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

She was a gorgeous cat. Smart too! I miss her loads.