Northern Green Gathering 2008

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Roll up folks, it's time to announce this year's NGG, which is now TEN YEARS OLD and we are celebrating with a simply delightful brand new site, in North Yorkshire.

The event will be happening (subject to licence :ppirate:) from thursday 7th august till sunday 10th august and will feature all the usual permaculture, campaigns, renewable fuels, organic food, green crafts, local music and kids activities.

Ticket prices are essentially the same as last year, i.e. £40/£50/£60 for adults and £5/£10/£15 for children aged 5-16, depending on how quick you get it together to buy them.

As usual we are looking for new people to be organisers or bring your thing along to the event, soi get in touch if you want to come and work at the event.

More details at the NGG website.

• There will be at least two benefit gigs for NGG in Leeds this Spring! :ahoy: We will post details in the gig section when they are sorted out, but briefly there will be an acoustic night at the Common Place on friday 11th April, and a techno kinda night at the Common Place on saturday 17th may.

So come on down and get your dancing shoes on! It's partly about raising a little bit of cash, but more about raising awareness and having a get together. :ppirate2:

• If we can afford it, then we'll be there.

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You know you're going to get it, but it's going to be rough."

• Hi all! For those people who aren't planning to stay at home this Easter, we're organising a pre-gathering gathering at Lime Tree Farm, this year's NGG site.

This is a WORKING WEEKEND from the 21st to the 23rd march, for people interested in being part of the site crew for the event, or people who just want to do some practical environmental work. You may find yourself building a compost toilet, planting out a permaculture garden, or ensuring conservation areas on the site are appropriately roped off. There will also been some fun in the evenings and a chance to get to know some of the other people involved.

Please contact us, or stuoolong, by PM if you are interested in coming along.

• Hi Lister,

If you are struggling to raise the cash there are many other ways you could contribute for your entry. For example, you appear to be someone very into campaigning - why don't you bring along some materials for a campaign you're involved in and do a couple of talks/workshops at the event to spread the word about it?

• Me and my fella are off this year... unfortuately can't take the kids... but it does mean we can drink and stay up late :pp

Can't wait to catch more of the bands this year as last year we were tent bound from 7pm with the youngest!

Good luck all!!

For anyone deliberating about whether to go or not I can heartily recommend it! You'll have a great time and it won't wound your pocket too much either!

See you there!

Love Clairexxxx

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• Hi all! This is a reminder about the EARLY BIRD TICKET SYSTEM. The tickets are currently at £40 for adults and £5 for 5 - 16 year olds, but the price goes up on 1st May to £50/£10. So if you want to take advantage of the cheapest tickets - a snip for a four day family event - get'em before next thursday at our website!

See you all there with bells on (and dresses) :D

• Quote from northerngreen

Hi all! This is a reminder about the EARLY BIRD TICKET SYSTEM. The tickets are currently at £40 for adults and £5 for 5 - 16 year olds, but the price goes up on 1st May to £50/£10. So if you want to take advantage of the cheapest tickets - a snip for a four day family event - get'em before next thursday at our website!

See you all there with bells on (and dresses) :D

And now is the last chance to get the cheap tickets - they go up to full price (£60/£15) this sunday. Get'em while they're 'ot. :D

• Right folks, we are talking next week! Hope many of you lovely hippies are coming along! :hippy:
    We are all going to be on site from about tuesday. Tickets will be available on the gate if you haven't got them already. Can't wait! Woohoo!

• I am not going but i would just like to say that its a fantastic place good Kama.
    I was part of a group called the friends of Lime tree farm, we did some conservation work there we also had a didje camp for a few years.
    For those of you's that have not been to Lime tree your going to love it,
    It is a magical place to be.