What really gets your goat?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Jesus don`t ever go to Belfast if the word like annoys you. It gets randomly put on the end of almost every sentence :p

Sounds like the word 'eh' up here! Some people end every single sentence with 'eh?', like they're asking for people to agree with what they just said, even though they're not. Is that a north of Scotland thing? It's very annoying!

I may be guilty of saying 'you know' a little too often, but it's a habit I'm trying to break! :o

• When you're out with friends + they spend the whole night checking their phone grrrrrrr!!!! They need to check themselves in everywhere they go take photos of the drinks and dinner + put it on Facebook + have conversations with people who 'like' the pictures instead of putting the fucking phone away + having a real conversation with their voice instead of their fingers!!!!!

• When you're out with friends + they spend the whole night checking their phone grrrrrrr!!!! They need to check themselves in everywhere they go take photos of the drinks and dinner + put it on Facebook + have conversations with people who 'like' the pictures instead of putting the fucking phone away + having a real conversation with their voice instead of their fingers!!!!!

Cant agree more, it anoys the shit out of me when ppl spend time on facebook ect when there out with me. Whats the point in going out if thats all there going to do

• Not getting my student loan so can't pay any bills
    Car breaking down
    Not having any money to travel to Uni
    Being in constant pain
    People who moan about stupid insignificant things when you have real bloody problems!!

• Not getting my student loan so can't pay any bills
    Car breaking down
    Not having any money to travel to Uni
    Being in constant pain
    People who moan about stupid insignificant things when you have real bloody problems!!

I was about to moan about something insignificant there, but I'll keep me gob shut!

Sorry to hear you're having such a shit time :(. Can you appeal the loan decision? Or does your uni have a hardship fund that might be able to help (with some of the costs anyway)? xxx

Memories aren't enough these days! As a result you become detached from reality.

• Olive bloody oil. Why I grabbed the plastic bottle of peanut butter and saved that, while a full bottle of olive oil slipped right past and shattered on top of my freshly scalded demi johns, I will never know.................... all last night and this morning I have been cleaning the bloody stuff up, my floor is no longer slippy, but I have yet to pull the cooker out and see how much is there :(

• Judgemental bastards.

My daughter's boyfriend (Dan) is a punk, he looks like trouble but is the least offensive person you could meet.
    Last Saturday he went out to a charity gig in aid of The Sophie Lancaster Charity (remember the goth girl who was kicked to death for looking different)
    He got the train back, but as Amy is worried about all the North Face wearing scallies around here she booked him a taxi to come the short distance from the station to ours.
    He gets in the taxi and all of a sudden the Aisian cabbie goes mental, calling him a racist bastard for being a punk, so he just gets him to stop and starts walking, next thing the cab pulls up with two extra guys in it threatening to kick shit out of Dan, he fronted up to them and they backed off, FFS you think your safe getting in a cab.
    I told them to report it as the cab office will know who they sent but they are worried they'll never be able to book a cab again. :curse:

• OMG no they must report it, we have had loads of trouble with asian taxi drivers around here, it is outright bullying, and needs to be stopped.

• Olive bloody oil. Why I grabbed the plastic bottle of peanut butter and saved that, while a full bottle of olive oil slipped right past and shattered on top of my freshly scalded demi johns, I will never know.................... all last night and this morning I have been cleaning the bloody stuff up, my floor is no longer slippy, but I have yet to pull the cooker out and see how much is there :(

That's not funny. That would really piss me off too. Sympathy :vgac::

• Cancer. Its right got me goat this week, saw loads of patients suffering from it last weekend..i hate it. Stamping on lives and hearts as it goes .. well it can SUCK A BIG FAT DISEASED COCK WHILE BEING SHAFTED UP THE ARSE BY A PINEAPPLE IN THE FREEZING COLD WHILST BEING FORCED TO WATCH REPEATS OF DEAL OR NO DEAL FOR ETERNITY..phew that feels better...

• Cancer. Its right got me goat this week, saw loads of patients suffering from it last weekend..i hate it. Stamping on lives and hearts as it goes .. well it can SUCK A BIG FAT DISEASED COCK WHILE BEING SHAFTED UP THE ARSE BY A PINEAPPLE IN THE FREEZING COLD WHILST BEING FORCED TO WATCH REPEATS OF DEAL OR NO DEAL FOR ETERNITY..phew that feels better...

:hug:

• Yeah, I do have a fetish for women in wetsuits! :D

What got my goat today was being bribed into going to a boring meeting at work with the promise of sandwiches... all of which were made with "dead animals".... had to go down the Screaming Carrot instead.

• Yeah, I do have a fetish for women in wetsuits! :D

What got my goat today was being bribed into going to a boring meeting at work with the promise of sandwiches... all of which were made with "dead animals".... had to go down the Screaming Carrot instead.

You could have had a Freddie Star Sandwich

He ate a Live Hampster Sandwich .:vomit:

• Tis true.. i feel a ukh sponsored walk might be on the cards...

Count me out if it's for Cancer Research.

[video=youtube_share;jsRVBH3MCQU]

[/media]

Plus they test on animals and are too focussed on the cure, when prevention seems more logical.

• One of my sisters has had cancer three times..breast twice and bowel........she doesn't have a lot of time for cancer research u.k.
    The thing is........it's all about research.....that's where the big money is.........the big pharma companies etc don't want a cure to be found. Much more money for them in medication