What really gets your goat?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• The thought of having to go and ask my new boss if he's going to give me the pay rise I'm supposed to get after the first month. I just hate the thought of having to ask for it!

Go for it. I have been asking my boss for 6 months and not got around to it yet :(

• Post by Lateralus22 ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Fucking morons who slag off hard working teachers :curse: I swear I think I'm gonna hit the next person who complains about how easy teachers have it :bang:

I wonder the sort of person that would say that, obviously somebody who has never been anywhere near a class full of children since they have left school, quite possibly privately educated as well I suspect.

• I was left with a class room filled with all of eight 3 year olds once, and one of them was mine, terrified me, as they instantly knew I had no power over them and misbehaved until the playgroup leader came back in. I would pay teachers a politicians wage.

• The fact that this Philpott court case scenario has brought out the worst in just about everyone I know on my newsfeed...torture as punishment is just not acceptable. Period. All the calls to bring back the death penalty make me so angry.

Also peoples serious lack of empathy. Yes the lady in this situation has done something seriously awful and deserves to be in prison but I just don't think the person that was clearly emotionally and physically abused and potentially scared for her life who is now having to live with the fact her stupidity has killed her 6 children is worse then the abusive man that instigated all of this in the first place. (someone just tried to say that on my feed).

And also because people cant seem to get their head round the idea at all.. a life sentence with a minimum 15 years means you can go up for parole in 15 years not that you will necessarily be granted parole in 15 years.

And finally what has this really got to do with him being a scrounger on benefits? I mean since when was being a scrounger on benefits mean that you think it is a good idea to frame your ex wife by setting your house with your 6 kids in it on fire??? It doesn't.

ARGH!!!

• And finally what has this really got to do with him being a scrounger on benefits? I mean since when was being a scrounger on benefits mean that you think it is a good idea to frame your ex wife by setting your house with your 6 kids in it on fire??? It doesn't.

This is doing my head in. I had to switch the news off this evening when George Osborne wormed his way into it. They will take absolutely every opportunity to make the public want to lynch people on benefits.

• And also because people cant seem to get their head round the idea at all.. a life sentence with a minimum 15 years means you can go up for parole in 15 years not that you will necessarily be granted parole in 15 years.

And even if they let him out in 15 years... so the fuck what? He'll be 71. 15 years in prison, ffs. I can't even imagine facing that. That's an epic punishment, and anyone who thinks otherwise seriously lacks an imagination.

And finally what has this really got to do with him being a scrounger on benefits? I mean since when was being a scrounger on benefits mean that you think it is a good idea to frame your ex wife by setting your house with your 6 kids in it on fire??? It doesn't.

The most interesting thing I heard during this whole tragedy was that he repeatedly stabbed his ex girlfriend.... after leaving the army. Now then, which do we think is more likely to have dehumanised the guy. The benefits system, or the army in the 70s? Hmmmmm.

• A couple of very good points there Atomic. No matter what some people say about how "easy" it is in prison.........and I've no idea as to that as luckily I've never been in one....15 years is a hell of a long time. Also, the bit about the army dehumanising him...... we know that kinda thing doesn't happen to all ex-service personnel but a hell of a lot of them do have problems readjusting to civilian life and it can come out in violent ways.

• And even if they let him out in 15 years... so the fuck what? He'll be 71. 15 years in prison, ffs. I can't even imagine facing that. That's an epic punishment, and anyone who thinks otherwise seriously lacks an imagination.

Well exactly! I cant imagine going to prison for a year or two let alone 15 especially when you are going to be old aged when you leave... that is a life sentence.

• Every summer, our next door neighbour gets home from the office and starts chopping up concrete with an angle-grinder. Not sure what the hell he's doing, but it's gone on for the last 4 or 5 summers. I swear he's now started chopping square edges on the pebbles. Really annoying as it's just when I like to go and sit outside!

Btw, I think some people need a mobilectomy - agree with you sooz, it's rude and inappropriate!

~CalonDdraig

• Btw, I think some people need a mobilectomy - agree with you sooz, it's rude and inappropriate!

~CalonDdraig

Yes it is!!!

Your concrete-chopper is intriguing, how can he have found 5 years worth of concrete to chop up? Is he making modern art? Have you had a look over the fence to spy on him?

• When people add the milk and sugar to your tea before removing the tea bag from the cup!! It just absorbs all the sugar - why do it like that? What's the logic??!!

• Putting the hoover away in the cupboard always really irritates me, sneezing pisses me off, being told to hurry up REALLY pisses me off (Taureans hate to be told that) but the worst thing of all is if someone tells me what to do. The lovely little soft fluffy hippy will disappear and The Creature from the Abyss will appear and tear your head off. :monster:

Apart from that, not much really, totally chilled. :p

• Hahaha, is it people who do not take sugar? I must admit to putting a bit less sugar in that people ask for, I can't stop myself.

It's the ladies in the coffee shop at work! Some of them are good and do as they are told, but others are no good at all! I'm considering taking my own supply of sugar and a spoon so I can make it properly!

• Fucking N-Power.........they ballsed up my leccy account last year, take 5 months to send a revised bill through which is also wrong. AND it takes AGES to speak to a human bean when you phone them. So for these reasons and others I've decided to change to Ecotricity..........so I phone N-Power to talk through what I have to do and they say once the receive my final reading they can calculate the final bill which will take up to forty days (which is what they said last time :rolleyes: ) so asked how long after that will I receive my credit balance (£300ish) back .......'sometime after that when we've recalculated it but don't worry we have your bank detals so after we've sent the payment through it will only take 3-5 days to reach your account!' .......................oh that's ok then :wall:

• Finding out that a company that charges an extortionate amount of P&P for the Highlands is actually based in Stirlingshire... are they taking the piss??! :curse: