What really gets your goat?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• People moaning but doing fk all about helping the problem their moaning about! On the plus side my friends list on facebook got a whole lot smaller after warning the 3moans and your off rule was being re-instated :D

Ah... but you could never unfriend me from here... you'd just have to get me banned ha ha!

Lonesomestranger - pretty much how I operate, have a small handful or true friends, to the others I seem to be an afterthought. Perhaps a purge is due in the new year :) Gonna nip into Nottingham in a bit, drop the ex off at some gig and meet a couple of the decent guys that are doing the gig... as they asked if I would turn up, it'd be rude not to :)

• You beat me to it! :couch:

:five:

People moaning but doing fk all about helping the problem their moaning about!

Again, what exactly is it you're doing here? In Hippy 101? On the "What really gets your goat?" thread? Besides, how do you know people aren't doing anything about the thing they're moaning about?

On the plus side my friends list on facebook got a whole lot smaller after warning the 3moans and your off rule was being re-instated :D

Good for you :rolleyes:

No, seriously. I'm sure your world's all lovely and shiny and happy, good luck to you :rolleyes:

• But surely, your just moaning about people moaning about others moaning about moaning people?

I , on the otherhand, am just pointing this out... I fully accept that people do this and I usually add fuel to the flames, sit back and watch the fireworks!

Today I am all smiles so far... lets see how long that lasts shall we?

It's no use shouting about who's to blame, when all that counts is how to change...

• Bloody people walking around with blue tooth devices stuck in their ears trying to say 'look at me I'm important and have to stay in touch with the world'....tossers, what did they do in pre mobile days....:curse:

• Bloody people walking around with blue tooth devices stuck in their ears trying to say 'look at me I'm important and have to stay in touch with the world'....tossers, what did they do in pre mobile days....:curse:

(very) long piece of string and some cans perhaps? :whistle:

• But surely, your just moaning about people moaning about others moaning about moaning people?

I , on the otherhand, am just pointing this out... I fully accept that people do this and I usually add fuel to the flames, sit back and watch the fireworks!

Today I am all smiles so far... lets see how long that lasts shall we?

Yeah, I was having a really bad day, sorry about that.

Back on topic, the high street during the sales gets my fucking goat, I dunno what I was thinking. :rolleyes:

• Bit feeble in the greater plan of things ,,,,but I wish it would just STOP FUCKING RAINING, it was pissing it down when I woke at 6am and it is pissing it down now!! AHHHHGGGGG!!! At least we have not been flooded here and I am greatful for that , but we live on top of a hill and them at the bottom are getting flooded, ...so please deities, stop making it fucking rain!!!

• Bit feeble in the greater plan of things ,,,,but I wish it would just STOP FUCKING RAINING, it was pissing it down when I woke at 6am and it is pissing it down now!! AHHHHGGGGG!!! At least we have not been flooded here and I am greatful for that , but we live on top of a hill and them at the bottom are getting flooded, ...so please deities, stop making it fucking rain!!!

Up north wales it;s not been a bad day but under foot is squelchtastic which I find most anoying as my fav trick is to go arse over ackers to the pure amusement of others. But I fear the worst tomorrow and the next as the moon is near full and the tides are high.
    I too is up a windy hill but the way out will block which I kinda like, but is real nasty for peeps round and about.
    So I second Bungo's request take it easy up there and chill (but not too much)

• Aye, some snow would be nice :eek: I can't take the dog out to the woods or anywhere off a path, as its just inches of mud, so I really do feel for folk that are suffering.

• But it looks so pretty :ppp

Till it turns in to grey slush.
    Year before last , we had brought the sheep in because of the weather during lambing ,and we let them back into the snowy field while we mucked out the stables. They were gambling round in the new adventurous enviroment for about 10 minutes, then they were back at the gate screaming to come back in . The water for all the animals was freezing within 20 miniutes!
    It looks pretty , but its a nightmare for wild animals and farmers :(.

• Yeah the kids used to cry to be let back in after an hour :whistle: No staying power these kids and lambs. I like it when it snows on a Thursday, but is gone before I have to hit a motorway to get to work on a Monday.

• We normally only ever get it for a few days at a time, I love it, but yes its a pain when its been there for a week and its snow on top of solid ice. My first time driving in snow was exciting (many moons ago), and I love it still now. There have not been many years that I have had to dig my car out though, as we are in the valley. I am currently jealous of my mate, she has just posted piccies of the 50cm of snow they have just had in Canada :o, we normally get some for New Year in these parts, but its to damn warm still.

• Having to work with small minded fecking arses with their little problems in their little lives who cant think beyond their little world ...TWATS

Arghhhh Thanks

• My gardening gloves. They're a snug fit, are strong against thorns, and I like them very much. Except that they've got wet a few times, so now they go stiff - REALLY stiff - when they're dry. And the only time they get soft is when they're damp but then they get really stinky inside and make my hands smell funny :(

"You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it"

The post was edited 1 time, last by spiralite ().

• My gardening gloves. They're a snug fit, are strong against thorns, and I like them very much. Except that they've got wet a few times, so now they go stiff - REALLY stiff - when they're dry. And the only time they get soft is when they're damp but then they get really stinky inside and make my hands smell funny :(

Try a drop of olive oil, body moisturiser or bees wax, no what you mean though, I always think my gloves are water-proof till I realise my fingers are wet doh