What really gets your goat?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Incompetent, stuck-up, prissy little receptionists who can't add, and /.:: ::::::::;;;; (

I have to get out of there as soon as possible. Never have I met so many people so desperate to fuck each other over and cover their own arses at the same time.

• At the moment nothing, however,,,,,,,

Hypovretical twats,,,, oh were all ruining the ebvironment.... then lets buy the biggest engined toy you can imagine and jump on a plane with scant obandenrment,,,

grumpy fuvkers,

and greedy flirters, ie a friend and i are singlr we finally get talking then a greedy mate who s in a reltionship and craves the attention does the flirt and charm...... grrrrrr why bother???????

anyway nowts bothering me,,

however a mate once said he liked an organic farmer even though he didnt agree with organic farming but he liked the organiv farmer because he stuck to his word and practised what he preached.

Ill be honest here i would like to be more greener but i arnt, im not the biggest poluter but im no saint, stuff goes in the recycle bin thats about as good as i can honestky get, i drive an old cheap car. i guess i should do more but i refuse to be holier than thou and condem everyonr for not doing there bit when like most people were all as bad as each other

• Apparently it's not enough to kill the 'weeds' in the actual fields around here any more, they now have to dowse the verges around the edges of the field with weedkillers too. Now the fields are edged by a dead, brown strip. Bye wildflowers... :(

• Apparently it's not enough to kill the 'weeds' in the actual fields around here any more, they now have to dowse the verges around the edges of the field with weedkillers too. Now the fields are edged by a dead, brown strip. Bye wildflowers... :(

I feel your pain - we have to roundup the "weeds" (including foxgloves, buttercups, red campion, daisies, scarlet pimpernel and speedwell) in our yard at the landlords request as they don't give the right impression. We live in the middle of a bloody farmyard so what sort of impression is the right one?! :rolleyes: On the plus side, we're finally moving to a place with a landlord who's happy to leave us to our own devices as long as we don't burn the house down :D Wildflowers, and chickens and walls we can paint whatever colour we like here we come :)

• On the plus side, we're finally moving to a place with a landlord who's happy to leave us to our own devices as long as we don't burn the house down :D Wildflowers, and chickens and walls we can paint whatever colour we like here we come :)

Excellent! Those are the rules in my house too :). Last week I planted red and white campion and a load of other wildflowers in my garden, and I haven't cut the grass for weeks because I'm hoping my wild orchids will come up again this year. The gardens on either side have their grass so short it's yellow - I think it looks so much better when it's lush and green and full of flowers :)

• Yeah know what you mean the council have just done all the carriage ways' verges near here, loads of dog daisies, foxgloves and allsorts chopped, now brown skinhead grass.

• I saw a Mum walking down the road with her young kid (7-8?), and the kid throws an empty can on the floor in front of him. They both kept walking without batting an eyelid. I was on my way somewhere and didn't have the time or patience to say something and possibly end up arguing with her, but I picked it up (I was walking the opposite way).

Fuck the British general public, you would never see that on the mainland. :curse: I was at Wacken a few years ago (a festival in Germany), and the Germans were wheeling carts of empty bottles and carrying bags of rubbish out with them at the end. There were large patches of litter and rubbish where there had been a group of Brits camping. Completely disgraceful and embarrassing.

• I saw a Mum walking down the road with her young kid (7-8?), and the kid throws an empty can on the floor in front of him. They both kept walking without batting an eyelid. I was on my way somewhere and didn't have the time or patience to say something and possibly end up arguing with her, but I picked it up (I was walking the opposite way).

Fuck the British general public, you would never see that on the mainland. :curse: I was at Wacken a few years ago (a festival in Germany), and the Germans were wheeling carts of empty bottles and carrying bags of rubbish out with them at the end. There were large patches of litter and rubbish where there had been a group of Brits camping. Completely disgraceful and embarrassing.

a 100% thumbs up for that,dirty bastards in our park dont use the bin,right beside them,gggrrrrrr

• Feckin-Bastard-Long Necked-Feckin-Twat of a HERON! :curse:

I know it is only doing what is natural and feeding itself, but that was a bloody big Japanese Koi :wall:
    I used to have a net over my pond but (1) Swallows were unable to get a drink and (2) a young Goldfinch got stuck under it once and nearly drowned so I removed it.
    AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

• Wurzel sorry to hear about your fish, heron cleverest birds going, they wait till you go out etc, I used pig wire stood up round the edge for the last two years like a wall as they do not like to land in the water, seems to work touch wood. Know it is bad news cause once they have sused it they will be back. Lickle bubbers We have a flock of them that gather before going to roost, Hope you get it sorted.

It really does my head in when parents don't tell their kids off for being bad. I was visiting some big gardens a couple of years ago and there was a boy running ahead of his parents ripping the big gunnera leaves to pieces, and they didn't give a damn. I came so close to telling him off myself, but thought it wouldn't be worth the grief I would probably get. I'm not in the habbit of telling off other people's kids, but working in a garden centre you get used to seeing it all the time and it gets on my wick! I mean, you don't let your kids run around tesco pulling the lids off yoghurt, so why is it ok for them to run around a garden centre pulling the apples and berries off trees??

• Wurzel sorry to hear about your fish, heron cleverest birds going, they wait till you go out etc, I used pig wire stood up round the edge for the last two years like a wall as they do not like to land in the water, seems to work touch wood. Know it is bad news cause once they have sused it they will be back. Lickle bubbers We have a flock of them that gather before going to roost, Hope you get it sorted.

Yep, cheers Mayfly I will have to do something because I have 2 more Koi in there and they are bigger than the one that went. :(

• Wurzel just remembered the other thing I did was to crisscross the pond with tape, I used that thin gift wrapping tape and it seem to work for a least three years but left space for wildlfe. Had to move it when I had a tidy up and went for pig wire, Good Luck

• Twunting car insurance taking double the money out of my bank account for some unknown reason. They're going to refund it, I should bloody hope so too, but in the meantime I have no money, actually, minus money. Bank account is minus £54. Good job I have food and leccy, else we'd be eating invisible dinner tonight! :D

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• People tarring entire groups of anything with the same brush and being negative about it. "I saw one person from *insert whatever social group, a cop, a hippy, a teenager in a tracksuit, a... whatever* do *something or other*, clearly all *whoever* are *good/bad*"

• People tarring entire groups of anything with the same brush and being negative about it. "I saw one person from *insert whatever social group, a cop, a hippy, a teenager in a tracksuit, a... whatever* do *something or other*, clearly all *whoever* are *good/bad*"

I've heard a lot of this, lately. Sheltered, ignorant people who seem to want an excuse to think badly of everybody:rolleyes:.