What really gets your goat?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• half baked, half assed ideas, dreamt up by folk that don't have to implement them and are safely tucked up in bed while i go around in circles trying to find out if anybody in the building knows what the fuck is going on.
    meh!

:curse:

• Someone needs to kick that man, hard.

Can it be me please? What I don't understand is how reasonably intellegent people can be so sucked into it all? How can they watch the DVDs, read the books, and obsess over the website at every opportunity, despite knowing it upsets everyone else in the house? Fast track to paranoia and depression anyone? One of the major advantages of living alone now is that I don't have to hear that shit brought up in every single conversation anymore. From the sounds of it, now that I'm not there anymore (as the main objector), it's got a lot worse.

Hate, hate, HATE IT!

• Can it be me please? What I don't understand is how reasonably intellegent people can be so sucked into it all? How can they watch the DVDs, read the books, and obsess over the website at every opportunity, despite knowing it upsets everyone else in the house? Fast track to paranoia and depression anyone? One of the major advantages of living alone now is that I don't have to hear that shit brought up in every single conversation anymore. From the sounds of it, now that I'm not there anymore (as the main objector), it's got a lot worse.

Hate, hate, HATE IT!

My friend's husband is the one with the issue. He's ruining her life right now and it's so hard to watch :(

• Self righteous, selfish, lazy, sponging hippies who turn violent when asked to leave your best friends home (his sister), threaten your best friend with violence, scream obscenities and call us both junkies... all in front of his own niece and my daughter.... fooking nice eh!!!

• How friggin useless the homelessness officer was when I spoke to them today. A pregnant woman came into work today, crying her eyes out, saying her partner had told her to have an abortion, she said no, he chucked her out and so she had no where to stay. My god, the less said about that disgusting excuse for a 'man' the better... But we assured the poor girl that we'd be able to call the homelessness service and that they'd help her out in some way - but did they? Did they fuck. They just left her as our responsibilty. So we had to help carry all her worldly goods to the bus station and give her money to get a train out of town to stay with same family. And who said working in a library was just a quiet job stamping books all day...

• How friggin useless the homelessness officer was when I spoke to them today. A pregnant woman came into work today, crying her eyes out, saying her partner had told her to have an abortion, she said no, he chucked her out and so she had no where to stay. My god, the less said about that disgusting excuse for a 'man' the better... But we assured the poor girl that we'd be able to call the homelessness service and that they'd help her out in some way - but did they? Did they fuck. They just left her as our responsibilty. So we had to help carry all her worldly goods to the bus station and give her money to get a train out of town to stay with same family. And who said working in a library was just a quiet job stamping books all day...

:ditto:

My friend is having her house reposessed. They told her she had two weeks to vacate the property, then said that actually, she had to leave today. Homeless section just gave her a list of properties (private rented) that she should contact. It's a good job she managed to scrape the money together otherwise her and her four children would have been on the streets, regardless of the council's duty to house them. :curse:

• :ditto:

My friend is having her house reposessed. They told her she had two weeks to vacate the property, then said that actually, she had to leave today. Homeless section just gave her a list of properties (private rented) that she should contact. It's a good job she managed to scrape the money together otherwise her and her four children would have been on the streets, regardless of the council's duty to house them. :curse:

I was actually shocked by how useless they were... It really felt like they were thinking "It's 4.30, we're going home in half an hour and we really can't be arsed to get into this". And now I can't stop thinking about that poor girl... Utterly depressing. :(

• I was actually shocked by how useless they were... It really felt like they were thinking "It's 4.30, we're going home in half an hour and we really can't be arsed to get into this". And now I can't stop thinking about that poor girl... Utterly depressing. :(

They really do have that mentality. I mean, I can understand that it must be hard to see the same sad things every day if you're the type of person who is affected by such things, but to completely remove yourself from any form of empathy? Really? It makes me sad :(

• They really do have that mentality. I mean, I can understand that it must be hard to see the same sad things every day if you're the type of person who is affected by such things, but to completely remove yourself from any form of empathy? Really? It makes me sad :(

All the safety nets are being pulled away and indifference seems to accompany it. The best most people get is the phone number of another agency that also can't help. Referred on endlessly. I have a fair amount to do with addicts and unless you can pay for treatment the number of hoops you have to jump through is hopeless. It's scary.

• The twats who came into our garden and stole Daz's bike. Now we're having to spend money on a new bike and new locks for the garden gate and bikes. Uh.

• People who get an animal and keep it as a pet without researching any of it's care needs, even basic ones. Makes me fucking sick. Pet ownership is not a right, tis a privilege and comes with responsibilities, and if you aren't prepared to look after an animal properly then you shouldn't fucking get one.

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• "What do you think of my driving?" stickers on the back of vans. It just makes me think that any company who does that to their drivers are cunts.

And then they supply a phone number for you to call to comment on said driving. Which you can only make or take down while you are driving yourself. Oh what mighty mind thought that one up.:rolleyes:

• Yesterday I applied for a loan from a company for £200,I know its not the best thing to do considering I have to pay back £320.Anyway because I filled the forms in and gave my e-mail address a company has been bombarding my inbox for most of today and ringing my house and harrassing my partner to get a loan from them aswell.I rang the company and told them I wasnt interested and now they wont leave us alone.But the worst part is they are constantly ringing sarah[my partner] on her mobile,how did they know her number.So annoying.I just dread doorstep loans turning up now.