What really gets your goat?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• The DWP

I am assuming this is not the first time these 3 capitalised letters have graced this thread.

Would anyone like to hear all the new swear words I have invented because they are the nicer bits of my feelings regarding the major derailment these ar*eholes have impinged upon our lives. I truly hope that hell has a special place for everyone involved.
    I really don't care if the excuse is 'I was only doing my job', nobody's job is to humiliate a fellow human being to meet a f**king target.
    And (sorry that's bad grammar, I'll try to refrain from defaming the English language whilst ripping the sh*theads it power to shreds) of course not to overlook that whingeing bunch of joyless, unrealistic, smug, self-satisfied, inbred, ignorant b****ds that we call a government and the sheep that voted for them. Those miserable (I'm sorry, I really can't think of a word that isn't going to get me kicked of the forum for typing it, even if I put asterisks in. Please feel free to insert your own as appropriate.) go from private school to paid for place in Oxbridge, where they spend half there time smashing up pubs an probably crawl out with a degree that involver a hefty donation to the 'university library/university alumni assoc./ University blah blah blah' but means that pleb is degree educated and can then hold their own when greasing their way up the nepotistic job ladder into parliament where they do nothing all day but fiddle expenses, dine well, occasionally look at the ordinary people out of their limousine windows and vote on laws, amendments and acts of parliament - if they care to turn up - that sometimes they have decided are for the good of a country they have no idea about because the tiny world on this island that they live in has absolutely no relation to the one that the rest of us inhabit.

Im sorry this rant is kind of running out of steam. I feel a little bit better. If anyone says 'it is better to forgive' though I may hit them, Just now I really do hate the government, the DWP etc. etc. everyone involved in this crappy shitty humiliating farce. It may be a while before I calm down.

• Surely you've not only just noticed this Daisysmum? :hippy:

:D Thank you, that made me laugh. Bastards made it personal now though and targeted family. Don't mind them harassing me, they are just one in a multitude of annoying crappy things that wind me up - they are despicable, loathsome and hateful but up until now I've had more important things to worry about; they are a bit like vermin, whatever means of extermination you choose, in the back of your mind you know that 15ft away there is another one that is out of sight, and just hasn't surfaced yet.

I really mind what they've done now.

• Seeing parents out with their kids in freezing weather,parents wrapped up to the hilt,scarfes,gloves,thick coats,and the kids have next to nothing on!Wtf is that all about?X(X(

• Seeing parents out with their kids in freezing weather,parents wrapped up to the hilt,scarfes,gloves,thick coats,and the kids have next to nothing on!Wtf is that all about?X(X(

My kids are the same,trying to get them into or stay in warm clothing is major psychological warfare.All their friends are the same.They always end up with the winter clothes on though...they dont have a choice.

Same with most teenagers walking around in thin shirts and shorts :insane:

• At what age do you start feeling cold?

I drive home from work through town. Yesterday i had a jumper, fleece and hat on, in the van with the heater on full and there was a group out on the piss in t shirts and jeans.

Today, postman walked up the snow covered drive to bring me an ebay parcel. Answering the door in t shirt, hoodie and jeans he had fucking shorts on!

• Postie at my old place in early 20's always wore shorts regardless of weather (Not that i minded he had nice legs :wub:) Summer in T shirt,winter in T shirt with but with reflective waistcoat....must have been benefitting from the extra warmth from the reflective waistcoat.

• Gone to two t shirt mode under my woolypully and leather vest, two duvets (really should buy a new one) and oil heater to supplement the stove. Old dog has been standing in front of the stove with her face in the opening, she likes her warmth.

It's feels damn cold at the moment but first thing in the morning I'm out of my pit in the buff to kick jnr out before he leaks and don't notice the frost outside.

• People always blame the dog...

Im not saying i dont do it as well. Problem is he lays with his back in my belly so it drifts up through the top of the quilt giving me a good lungfull.

Its quite funny when you wake up in the morning and the missus looks tired. Ask her how she slept and she says shit because of constant farting and snoring and i have to ask me or the dog?

• Rubber neckers - friggin' pricks.

I was in slow moving traffic for 6 miles yesterday, only to find out it was an accident on the other side of the dual carriageway at a flyover that led to us joining a motorway.... people actually slowing down on a fast and dangerous section like that. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

• What really gets my goat?When other people drive recklessly endangering your life.Today my husband and I were returning back home on a dual carriageway.I was in the left lane.This moron came speeding up behind me (I was doing 65mph)overtook me,and and virtually cut me off so he could suddenly turn left.I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting him.Ironic he was turning into the entrance of a car scrapyard.His car will end up in one soon if he continues to drive that way.

• We were in London last week Ma,and while on the bus,I saw a lady sat on the pavement,with a coat on and nothing on her feet?It was absolutely freezing.Too sad.

• While most councils do everything they can not to help them , it really is sickening in this day and age . A lot of ex servicemen seem to be falling foul to homelessness too , great way to payback people who have served their country .

One of the saddest things I have seen in my life was a lady with children sat on the pavement in Mumbia , she had drawn on the floor in chalk round herself like it was her home with small rooms , won't be long before its like that here .

• Had we not been on the bus,we would of approached that lady and asked her how we could help (shoes and socks for a start).I know where you're coming from Ma re India too having visited several times.

• While most councils do everything they can not to help them , it really is sickening in this day and age . A lot of ex servicemen seem to be falling foul to homelessness too , great way to payback people who have served their country .

One of the saddest things I have seen in my life was a lady with children sat on the pavement in Mumbia , she had drawn on the floor in chalk round herself like it was her home with small rooms , won't be long before its like that here .

13000 ex service personnel are homeless according to stats.

Pretty despicable that some Tories like Ester McVey are saying food banks are a good thing because it teaches people about the need for austerity and benefits sanctions make people look seriously for work.Another Tory twat and current housing minister Dominic Raab was a member of a facebook group that wants to see workhouses reintroduced for the poor and an end to council housing.

Doesnt bear thinking about what this country will be like if the likes of Rees Mogg gets to be PM.