What really gets your goat?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• So I headed to Asda last week.Fairly early too,as I had to also drop husband at work on the way.Arrived at Asda at 8.10am.Hardly any cars in the LARGE carpark.So I park up,go shopping,which only took 5 mins.When I returned to my car,carpark still nearly empty,and some person has parked so close to my car,I have to do an asana (yoga pose)to be able to get into my car!lol Thats not the first time thats happened.Why do people choose to park next to someone when there are virtually hundreds of other empty spaces????I nearly posted a note on their windscreen....."Does your car have anxiety issues"? ;)

Lol, I do think that sometimes in an empty space people feel a bit safer next to another person? Esp if it's a lady alone; she might have seen you get out so she feels a bit safer parked next to another lady? Equally there are some that would do it just to wind you up, lol, I have to confess I get really miffed with people that park so badly they're intruding into another bay so the car park is 'full' because a shower of doughnuts couldn't be bothered to pull back out to straighten up before they locked up.

I do find myself experiencing proper road rage at people who STOP ON SLIPROADS!!!!! It's soooo dangerous and it drives me nuts; I've had times when I'm flashing my lights like a mad lady to make it perfectly clear that they're good to go and still they get to the end and stop.

• Dont ever delay calling the rspca,they rarely take away an animal unless they have to,firstly they try to work on a resolution with the owner..The dog may have the shits due to fear and all the screaming.How did the eye injury happen?Can you quietly talk to this guy that maybe hed be better off rehoming the dog?The dog is a captive and has no choice but to suffer whatever happens.If he is being beaten for shiting then,i cannot imagine the fear. Whilst this post was awhile ago i hope something good has happened for the dog by now.Do you see the dog?

• [quote='Roamer','http://ukhippy.com/freakpower/forum/index.php?thread/&postID=1486709#post1486709']Don't fret! And don't be a fixer :eek: I'm not good with fixers.

......So roamer Your not good with fixers?So you advocate walking away ignoring a situation where abuse is taking place?Leave it be.?That atitude is why abuse thrives.People like you sitting on a cloud of indifference,blinkers on,earplugs in,tra la .You hear a woman screaming next door and turn the music up?One day you may need urgent help,I hope you are not near morons who look on and walk by who "dont want to get involved"

• Dont ever delay calling the rspca,they rarely take away an animal unless they have to,firstly they try to work on a resolution with the owner..

...then it goes on death row!

Chap I met recently lived next door to a baghead who would sometimes leave the animal outside and not feed it. He hopped over the fence, grabbed the dog and put a note through the neighbour's letterbox telling him what he had done and why. That dog now travels everywhere with him every day and it looked pretty happy to me.

• What gets my goat?..People who are so utterly into/up themselves they will not help another soul then probably whine on about no-one helping them.Hypocrites who fly a flag,,,any flag,,,religion,ethics,a culture,a movement ,shout about it a lot,jump up and down about it a lot and get the clothes, books ,maybe even the vehicle then....behave in a manner that does not support anything except their own pinched little ego mania....and heavily pregant women chain smoking.

• Death row maybe for some.But then think would you prefer a life of unending hell or to slip away quietly suffering over?I know a few dogs over the years who have vanished from serious abusers.All my own dogs have come from rescue centers,my hound came from being either hung or drowned in Ireland.Sadly many of these dogs are so deeply disturbed/traumatised that they can never be returned to stable mental health and society.Nowadays the drug for putting a dog to sleep is very peaceful.A few years ago it was a sedative then another to stop the heart,not good.Nowadays it slows and stops the brain functions,a sedative OD.My old girl was under a tree eating roast chicken, her fave, in my arms and after the needle went in just drifted gently away.The abbatoir is very different. A lifetime of hell ,or peace? with maybe the chance of a forever after amazing home as my hound has?His own chariot (was my vehicle once) two adoring human servants,a WHOLE SOFA,some cushions and a quilt and unending love and wilderness adventures.

...then it goes on death row!

Chap I met recently lived next door to a baghead who would sometimes leave the animal outside and not feed it. He hopped over the fence, grabbed the dog and put a note through the neighbour's letterbox telling him what he had done and why. That dog now travels everywhere with him every day and it looked pretty happy to me.

• Nope.I am getting a bit long in the tooth now and i have been in many situations from very young to recent praying someone would help me and not walk on by.Ive worked in the care area for most of my life with people and animals and the biggest reason abuse/neglect thrives is because no one "saw" or acted upon the warning sos signs.Immaturity I expect from kids not adults who have raised kids.Immature in what way.I will be pssed off always by cruelty and neglect, that is not a "phase", it is my soul.Fakes =bullshit=lies=bad stuff.end of.

Yeah, but Cricket bach it's usually just immaturity aka "a phase of life"?. They mostly get over it.

Maybe being irritated by them is just a phase too?

And being laid back about it, come to think of it.

• Whats getting my goat atm,is how some people are so self absorbed,especially at work.I work 4 days on,4 off.So on my first day back,I usually ask the team how their days off went.They tell me what they've done etc,and hardly anyone asks me in return.I've given up asking them now.

• I do find myself experiencing proper road rage at people who STOP ON SLIPROADS!!!!! It's soooo dangerous and it drives me nuts; I've had times when I'm flashing my lights like a mad lady to make it perfectly clear that they're good to go and still they get to the end and stop.

You're not alone, and there is no way around that situation, you can't go past, you can't stop. But when you start flashing your lights, etc, you become part of the problem! I find that thinking about my insurance premium helps to keep me calm under such circumstances.

• Theres givers and takers.Takers tend to be self absorbed ,you are a giver most probably.You are definatley the nicest sort of person to have around.:)You may be better at the job than they are and a new rising star is often a threat in the workplace.

Whats getting my goat atm,is how some people are so self absorbed,especially at work.I work 4 days on,4 off.So on my first day back,I usually ask the team how their days off went.They tell me what they've done etc,and hardly anyone asks me in return.I've given up asking them now.

• You're not alone, and there is no way around that situation, you can't go past, you can't stop. But when you start flashing your lights, etc, you become part of the problem! I find that thinking about my insurance premium helps to keep me calm under such circumstances.

Flashing your lights is telling people it's okay to go though, how is that part of the problem?

• Whats getting my goat atm,is how some people are so self absorbed,especially at work.I work 4 days on,4 off.So on my first day back,I usually ask the team how their days off went.They tell me what they've done etc,and hardly anyone asks me in return.I've given up asking them now.

They probably think yr nosey and dont give a f^ck what you done on yr days off. Probably coupled with the fact they are pissed off being at work. So try not to take it personally lol :whistle:

• Post by cricket ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Post by cricket ().

• Post by cricket ().