What really gets your goat?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I really can't stand spitting it pisses me right off . If you really do have to spit then down the drain in the street , I can understand that.
    I hate it when people spit for the sake of it.
    I'm not proud of it but a lad once spat on my shoe on a double decker bus , I got up and spat straight in his face, bit of a hypocrit but I was so mad.
    What annoys you?

• People who can't drive around roundabouts!! Especially old buggers who will insist on driving the junction like it was back in the olden days before they put the roundabout in!!!!! ferfux sakes

• Currently the girls I work with..... gahhhh!!!! all night ive listened to.... "why isent he phoneing me?? I text him he hasent replied... im not giveing in thats desparate he has to come to me....... I dont need a man in my life!!" ----------- pause---------- " Ok im gonna make a phone call ill be back in a bit"

There is a reason I dont do relationships at the moment so I dont wanna have to constantly hear about anyone elses.....

expesially girls who think they are shit hot and constantly go on about how great and sexy they are!!!!!!

I got called a freak by one today because I was polishing the top shelves where no one has polished all year because.... " I dont want to look like a fool stood up there on a stool"

For fucks sake wish they would get over theirselves......

*with I was born a lad*

• Quote from GreenFairy

Currently the girls I work with..... gahhhh!!!! all night ive listened to.... "why isent he phoneing me?? I text him he hasent replied... im not giveing in thats desparate he has to come to me....... I dont need a man in my life!!" ----------- pause---------- " Ok im gonna make a phone call ill be back in a bit"

:lol: you should come n do a shift where i work in the cafe.. my boss is great.. as soon as me or the assistant manager start goin on bout blokes like that "why ain't he texted etc..." she says "cos he's a man - that is what they do - the sooner you girls accept these things the happier you will be - it's not personal thats just the way they are" :lol: such a great leveller where I work :D i loves my job :D

• Haha..... its all true though..... I simply asked one girl "why cant you just phone him?"

she looked at me like I was crackers......

Well if she so wanted to talkto him and craves attention.... maybe she should just go and confess she really fancies them..... rather than fannying about and makeing a scene.....

• Quote from Sarah

People who can't drive around roundabouts!! Especially old buggers who will insist on driving the junction like it was back in the olden days before they put the roundabout in!!!!! ferfux sakes

I can relate to that. It's a particular bugbear of mine. Especially cunts who can't seem to understand the concept of lanes at roundabouts. I'm sick of retards nearly drifting into the side of me because they don't grasp the concept that they need to remain in the middle (or inside) lane until leaving at the opposite exit!!!!

• Quote from Atomik

I can relate to that. It's a particular bugbear of mine. Especially cunts who can't seem to understand the concept of lanes at roundabouts. I'm sick of retards nearly drifting into the side of me because they don't grasp the concept that they need to remain in the middle (or inside) lane until leaving at the opposite exit!!!!

Scary!!!

Was gonna put my bugbear as Lane Discipline! :eek: There is a particular roundabout on my way to work that has two lanes all round it and it exists onto a dual carriageway....but some people still feel compelled, despite being in the righthand lane going round the roundabout, cutting you off to get into the left hand lane on exiting! :rolleyes: Which part of "there are two lanes, use them" is so difficult? :madlol:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from Coyote

Scary!!!

Was gonna put my bugbear as Lane Discipline! :eek: There is a particular roundabout on my way to work that has two lanes all round it and it exists onto a dual carriageway....but some people still feel compelled, despite being in the righthand lane going round the roundabout, cutting you off to get into the left hand lane on exiting! :rolleyes: Which part of "there are two lanes, use them" is so difficult? :madlol:

Uncanny. What has 'gotten many goats of mine' have all been driving related. Lane discipline, people who deliberately overshoot the give way markings at a junction so you have to stop and let them out, bad parking, people without kids and who aren't disabled parking in specially designated spaces so they don't have to drag their lazy arses further than they have to, being cut-up on the motorway when there is loads of space ahead to pull in sensibly, tailgaters and the list goes on. I'm like Jekyll/Hyde when I'm in the car as I become so irate with other peoples' driving.

• I could add not indicating at roundabouts as well. Really pisses me off when it's crowded and I'm waiting to pull out then some twat who's still indicating right turns left so I miss my chance to get out. RRRRRGGGHHH

• Quote from reggaegotsoul

I really can't stand spitting it pisses me right off . If you really do have to spit then down the drain in the street , I can understand that.
    I hate it when people spit for the sake of it.
    I'm not proud of it but a lad once spat on my shoe on a double decker bus , I got up and spat straight in his face, bit of a hypocrit but I was so mad.
    What annoys you?

Yep im with you on this one. On a bus once, this twat, spitting everywhere, making a proper mess, i turned to him and asked him to stop, he's all, youi've got a dog thats licking your face, thats disgusting....W**k biscuit!!!

If you have to spit, then its beccause youve got a foriegn body to expel, or somethings caught in your throat, you dont spit just for the sake of it!!!! I worked in a bakery many years ago. There was a chap, who would spit all the time, outside when e wz avin a fly fag. I caught him spitting on the line once, i jhad the wonderfull task of kicking his stupid, infatile arse OUT and OFF the premises. Tw*t!!!

Also, people [like our downstairs neighbour] who shout in your face, for ages, without letting you get a workd in edge ways, like proper shouting, like when they're gonna hit you. I especially hate this d**kwad, as he was always shouting @ Blu!!!

Best bit...he complains to our landlady, she dont give a F**k, she's on our side!!!

Result.

Sorry but :topic:

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You know you're going to get it, but it's going to be rough."

• Signs on the motorway saying “Tiredness can kill, Take a break” followed by services with signs saying “Parking limited to 2 hours”…. WTF!!!??

Mile upon mile of trunk road with no lay-bys.

Mile upon mile of trunk road with nowhere to eat.

Mile upon mile of trunk road with no shoulder.

Massive great two and three lane bypasses etc. with more traffic than they can cope with, and no hard shoulder, makes me feel like a rat trapped in a drain with a million other rats.

There should be signs at Dover, as you leave the port, saying “No hard shoulder, except on Motorways, for the next 900 miles”.

Signs saying “Accident black spot, 285 accidents in the last 2 years, etc. etc.” Pretending that it is the drivers fault! Meanwhile the road has two or three more times the amount of traffic that it can cope with, hundreds of badly laid out junctions… hundreds of bends for no apparent reason, reverse camber on half those bends, is a trunk road but slows down to 30 all the time while trailing through some poor grubby village where all the houses are cracking from traffic vibration, is a trunk road but devoid of passing lanes, even on the gradients.

Drivers of tractors and slow vehicles who wont let the faster traffic pass WTF!!?

people who deliberately overshoot the give way markings at a junction so you have to stop and let them out

lol thats called city-driving love...vital necessity if you ever are gonna get anywhere in a city.. or as i prefer to call it "being assertive"

see another one of my annoyances (which are all driving related by the way) is people who sit at road junctions waiting to turn out for 'kin aaaaaaaaaaaaages... sometimes you have to be pushy...down in London you HAVE to drive like that otherwise you get yourself into a heap of trouble lol

• Another thing that gets me ranting is the selfish fuckers who cannot remember which side of the road has right of way when parked cars are thrown into the equation.... see me.. i drive on through.. don't drive an expensive car if they wanna take the piss and take my right of way then they gonna ave a scrap...especially if i blatantly haven't flashed them on through...cunts! I heard shoutin that more than anything else really

"it's MY fucking right of way you prick"

oh and at roundabouts :lol:

• Women driving big 4 x 4's...

listen love just cos you are driving something you can properly look down your nose in doesn't mean a) you can drive; b) you have priviledges over and above ever other user of the road; c) your children have the right to stop me from driving down the road just so the little dears can (unsafely) tumble out of the back of your fucking truck, spill into the road dropping their designer school bag's every which way lookin like the snooty little shits they are and for you to look at me like I am a fucking gypo...

gnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh!!!

oh i hate them - most women drivers are shite anyways but them ones are particularly fucking terrible!!!

• People putting read receipts on emails.
    fuck off.

No one asks for a photo of me reading a letter that gets sent.

I'll read it in my own time when I'm good and ready and I don't need to tell you.

And yes, I know I can click not to send but its the presumptiousness of them to even put one on makes me want to stab them in the eye.

• What gets my goat ....Immature twats who sit and pick their nose and eat it whilst smiling as if they've just crapped themselves.:bones:

Signs on the motorway saying “Tiredness can kill, Take a break” followed by services with signs saying “Parking limited to 2 hours”…. WTF!!!??

yessssssssssssss - those signs do my nut in on the motorway - i find them highly distracting and they make me paranoid - especially if i have had a good weekend somewhere or been to visit my friends in worcester cos am nearly always knackered when i drive back from anywhere (make the most of the weekend innit) n spend the entire journey wondering whether i shoulda stopped at strensham for a brew.. i hate strensham... won't stop there since spert blew his head gaskett there...fekkin motorway signs...

ya know them ones that tell you how far in miles and how fast in minutes it is to the next junction ?

what are they all about?? i don't care... it'll take as long as it fookin takes numbnuts!!!!!!!!!!!

sheesh

ooh i love avin a moan about drivin :D

Drivers of tractors and slow vehicles who wont let the faster traffic pass WTF!!?

I once followed a tractor from Cirencester all the way up the fosseway to where the fosse splits off up the B road...i wasn't directly behind him and it was rush hour... made me laugh in the end cos as soon as the tractor got on the B road fosse he pulled over pmsl... we spent 50 odd miles crawlin up n down roman hills behind the sod n then he did that... i had to respect him for being such a cunt really :lol:

• Quote from kim

What gets my goat ....Immature twats who sit and pick their nose and eat it whilst smiling as if they've just crapped themselves.:bones:

Is that most little boys then mate ? :lol:

• Quote from Sarah

I once followed a tractor from Cirencester all the way up the fosseway to where the fosse splits off up the B road...i

At the roundabout with the car sale place on the corner?

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from Kim

What gets my goat ....Immature twats who sit and pick their nose and eat it whilst smiling as if they've just crapped themselves.

Ugh, that makes me boak. Folk who stub fags out on a perfectly good meal outside in the summer.

As for motorway/trunk/A/B/roads and signs....all the feckin shit everywhere, all the advertisments, all the usless fucking signage and flowers and debry. Put flowers on the grave or plant a tree, DONT put it by the roadside dear.....

All this Bollox

Plus all the other crap....roads are for driving....

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You know you're going to get it, but it's going to be rough."

• It really gets me when you get people coming down here from London, where they drive like nutters and squeeze through gaps millimetres bigger than their car, and then drive down the centre of a country lane because they dont want to drive too close to a hedge!

• What gets my goat is men talking to me and bringing a stentch of lynx, ergh revolting..
    And people that drive absolutly everywhere, ive known people to start there car up just to go down the corner shop..

• Quote from Fëanor

Is this "forest" of signs for real? Where did you find it?

:google: Images

• Quote from Fëanor

Is this "forest" of signs for real? Where did you find it?

Its fake; the signs dont correspond with the road conditions.

*hangs head in shame at transport planner geekery* :D