Weirdigans Organic Cafe

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I was just wondering how many people have visited Weirdigans Organic Cafe over the course of the summer, as I've worked there at pretty much every festival they have done, and I think that there may be a good chance that I've met a some of you without knowing it.
    We were at:

Workhouse Festival
    Glade
    Big Green Gathering
    Ragged Hedge Fair
    Northern Green Gathering
    Solfest
    Knockengorroch

I've already spotted a few people on here with pics of themselves on Weirdigans, so come on! Own up! Were you the munter passed out on our luscious carpets at 5 am Sunday morning?

• Quote from melyn

I was the munter that walked all over your luscious carpets with muddy feet :waves:

Ha ha - me too!

• wasnt there the weiredgans cafe at shamania?????

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• all their food is amazing. and the marquee is stunning!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• theres a very good possibility that i staggered through weirdigans at some point, or points, during the big green gathering. nice marquee and a nice vibe too if i remember rightly
    :xdrink:

• Quote from moonpup

wasnt there the weiredgans cafe at shamania?????

Nope. Not this year.

..used to come on this forum but doesn't seem to have been here for ages.

Really? I never knew that! Small world.

Possibly the best tablecloth in the world...

Now deceased unfortunately...bloody Glade mud finished it off I think.

Aren't you the guys who do the amazing cheese on toast that helps retain the sanity of us festy organisers after weeks of dodgy crew food?.

Yes. Yes indeed. The best cheese on toast anyone will ever taste anywhere ever.

....crew food.....:vomit:

Thanks for all the nice comments. I'll pass them on to Em and Dave (The actual owners. I'm just a lowly gopher).

'Tis a shame I didn't actually recognise any of you or vica versa. Maybe next year!

'Tis a shame I didn't actually recognise any of you or vica versa

With the exception of Melyn who I caught dancing barefoot alone in an extremely deep mud puddle at stupid o'clock on a cold welsh morning.....

i did meet Em&Dave in a pub in halifax..we got very *tipsy*

Haha. Yes, they are very lovely. The best people I've ever had the pleasure to work for ever. Love them to bits.

• Quote from Kristen

With the exception of Melyn who I caught dancing barefoot alone in an extremely deep mud puddle at stupid o'clock on a cold welsh morning.....

Hah, i'd forgotten about that until now, but what an I say, the mud felt so good between my toes :D

• Quote from melyn

Hah, i'd forgotten about that until now, but what an I say, the mud felt so good between my toes :D

*keeps her mouth shut about you and your toes and wet things slipping between them*

*blushes and drools slightly*

• Fleassy, however you're picturing this scene in your mind, it wasn't that erotic. Seriously. And I find toast erotic.

...Melyn seemed well gone....
    ...or just not a morning person :p

• You mean seeing a girl writhing around in the mud at ridiculous o'clock in the morning didn't do it for you? ... Were you on your way to get some toast? ;)

-Keeping my mouth shut about toes and slippery things-
    -Drools-

:o

Oddly enough I think Workhouse was one of my drug free festies ... I'm definatly not a morning person :sleep:

• Quote from melyn

Oddly enough I think Workhouse was one of my drug free festies ... I'm definatly not a morning person :sleep:

i second that she is NOT a morning person haha

and i'd find rosie writhing in mud HIGHLY erotic actually :D

• :ditto:

:p

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• did you manage to keep your carpet clean at Glade? Because that pic you posted looks like the cafe i found on the last night at glade...and there was somewhere to sit because everyone had taken their shoes off...

i was so happy to sit down somewhere clean.