Beautiful Days 2006

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from Doktor Atomik

:clap:

Is she fit? :reddevil:

well she looks like me (aparently) but older so i cant comment :)

• Quote from Power_13

Does anyone know when they're announcing the band lineup? I'll probably be going anyway, but it'd be nice to know who's playing (and when, if possible). I missed Chas 'n' Dave last year due to a cock up in my plan :S

(and no, by "cock up in my plan", I don't mean I was having sex, you filthy lot :D)

April.. but names of artists will start leaking out before then i reckon..

• does anyone know anything about the competition for unsigned bands to play. i really really want to play this festival and need to enter into the comp. any details would help me greatly....

• It is normal run via Virtual Festival (keep an eye on there site).. havent heard anything as yet about it for this year though, the people organise BD's are away at the moment, back next week, so after then i think it will all systems go.

good luck anyway for the comp:)

• Quote from Dizzy

It is normal run via Virtual Festival (keep an eye on there site).. havent heard anything as yet about it for this year though, the people organise BD's are away at the moment, back next week, so after then i think it will all systems go.

good luck anyway for the comp:)

thanks diz

• ooooowww .. the Wonderstuff .... it been far too long.. has anybody seem them play recently ? just wondering how it is ... saw Inspiral Carpets play Glasto in 2003, it was great but they all showing their age a little ... however when saw Pop Will Eatitself reformed in early 2005, my word .. this was shocking good !!!!!

:D

xx

• I've been going since the first one, and expect I'll be going until the last one. It's a shame the prices are going up again this year, I expect they'll continue to do so each year. It's the same with every festival, and to a large extent it's just playing to market economics. If people will pay it, then festival organisers will charge it. Glastonbury can comfortably manage to put up their prices each year, without ever fearing that tickets will still not have sold out after 2 days. But Glastonbury and Beautiful Days are great festivals. I don't like that they've gone up in price, but I'll pay it....

• Quote from Tigerdaddy

Available soon at a festival near you, £4.99 a pair. :D

:D:D
    hee hee hee that made me giggle.

• Going to see the Stuffies again next month, they were brill at Bd's 05..
    if anyone lives in Birmingham area you can catch a free Stuffies gig next week, (IM me for the details).

Poppies are just as good as they used to be and can still move around that stage like nutters even now..

• Quote from ecomamma

is it a mean fiddler event?

wash your mouth out with soap...

but there will be a few mean fiddlers there:D :D

ok i am gonna get my coat:whistle:

• Quote from Laney

Hey gill.. any rumours yet??? eh eh ?? I'm sure you know something on the sly ;) ;)

:whistle::whistle::whistle:...

a few things have been with ear shot off me, but there would be no point in me telling as they are changing all the time.. the peeps i fort were going headline are not now, but they could be again next week if get me..

As soon as i get told of people confirmed 4 it ill let ya know staight away..

• Quote from Peace-Phoenix

Get the Pogues in, go on, I dares ya....

that would be cool, cud ya imagine levs and the pogues!! which band would be the most drunk when on stage

• :damn: oof, just bought my tickets, after booking fee, card, postage : £92 each!
    NB Those people with cars must now buy an extra ticket for parking too.

• No Sorry Animals not permitted onto the site at Beautiful Days