Body Hair - personal preference?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

"I'm trying to find a polite way to ask my current man-friend to shave his pubes off. there's no easy way is there. I just need to turn up with a good quality razor to our next encounter..."

To quote Nike... Just do it! Make it part of the foreplay! By the time you have finished he willl be gagging for it! When my first wife offered to do it I was more than a little panicky but the circumstances were a little different; we were faced with a very uncertain future at that time, the risk of a razor nick seemed to faded into insignificance! So, by all means turn up with a brand new razor; the five bladed, vibrating one from Gillette is pretty damn good. Use a sensitive skin shaving gel, and Nivea Moisturiser afterwards. As with your own pubes shave both ways, both with and against the direction of growth and ensure that the skin around the scrotum is stretched tightly. Do not under any circumstances use Veet for Men or Aftershave... unless you are feeling particularly sadistic!

Have him wax a man shaven has stubble and its a bit uncomfortable especially if your smooth down there, it creates a "rug burn"

Waxing the lower stomach and pubic bone area... maybe... but most blokes are a bit chicken about waxing... elsewhere it's a definite No-No! Back in 1996 Sara Cox and the gang from the 'Girlie Show' got a number of guys from the Cardiff Rugby Club to volunteer to have their ass cracks waxed... 'twas hilarious but I can still hear the screams! Shaving the entire area is for me a twice weekly event; if O.H. isn't about, it takes me no more than 5 minutes... its quicker in fact than shaving ones face and removes any risk of rug burn!

• Each to their own but a totally hairless woman (excluding head) is the most unsexy thing I could think of. A total turn-off, though appreciate this look has it's fans. It would be boring if we were all the same. Thankfully there are some women who do love their body hair!

• My point being though, that people often use the "it looks prepubescent" argument to justify staying hairy downstairs, but nobody says that about the face, or indeed any other part of the body.

Most men will be shaving by the time they're 14 ... so would shaving my face mean I want to look like a teenager?

• My point being though, that people often use the "it looks prepubescent" argument to justify staying hairy downstairs, but nobody says that about the face, or indeed any other part of the body.

Most men will be shaving by the time they're 14 ... so would shaving my face mean I want to look like a teenager?

You are right . I just find on a personal level the current trend ( last 20 yearsish) for hair removal/artistic tweeking strange

• I was thinking about this the other day.
    Here goes, If I am giving erm special attention to a lady I would much prefer erm a clear run than having to beat around the bush & get branches stuff stuck in the throat....it can put a serious downer on proceedings.

If that makes sense

Here goes, If I am giving erm special attention to a lady I would much prefer erm a clear run than having to beat around the bush & get branches stuff stuck in the throat....it can put a serious downer on proceedings.

If that makes sense

nice way to put it.

If that makes sense

It makes perfect sense to me :thumbup:

• My personal prefference is all off - can stand body hair horrible stuff but i cant stand shaving because the stubble is worse than the hair so i have to use a hair remover but my hair grows like wildfire so i need shares in the stuff. I dont mind it on others though as long as it isnt sweaty:D

• Really not that bothered either way how hairy or not a a bloke is although I do love the Jesus look - long hair and beard. My only complaint with men is, if they don't trim their bush, when you're doing the do on them with your hand, if it's all really long and bushy, I tend to pick up a hair or two and pull it due to the up and down motion. They never seem to notice but it makes me feel a bit concerned because it feels as if it would really hurt.

For myself, I used to have armpit hair and leg hair but I've decided I prefer to be waxed etc. I used to have a Hollywood on my bush but that didn't work for long-term, so now I have a neat, trimmed bushell. I'm not that hairy though so even when I had growth, it wasn't that noticeable. Oh yes, I've always waxed my tash as well. :D

• I shave my legs to my knees and under my arms. I also pluck my eyebrows and pluck and facial hair i'd rather not see. These are my own personal preferences. On another woman hair under her arm is not something i prefer. I do not think it is ugly or anything like that. For men i like less hair and a smaller male. Long hair can be really nice on a man i have to say :clap:

• Actually, I've been growing my hair for the past three weeks to see if I prefer it. I don't. Although I do feel rather unnatural when I shave, I much prefer the feeling of smooth skin, and I actually really like the 'prepubescent look' down below...as weird as that may sound! Also, I prefer it for exercise...although I won't go into the smelly details. :D On others, I'm not bothered about body hair, each to their own. Although I do have a thing for dreadlocks. :o

• I find a woman who is confident about growing body hair most attractive - hairy arms, pits, legs, privates is all good IMHO

I thought I was the only one, though I'm only really talking about armpit hair on a woman. I also like those little girly sideburns that some women grow - lovely to kiss!
    It feels strange to admit about the pit hair thing because I've never heard anyone else sound positive about it.
    It does though always strike me as a bit peculiar to like womans naughty bits all shaved. Doesn't that make a bloke one of those pedestal type men?

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.

• I think something to consider is that if a bloke is shaved downstairs...it "adds" an inch...and if the woman is shaved too--thats another inch..... does make a difference in my experience.
    I dont much prefer a tuppence like Terry Waites Allotment... birds nests and rusty bikes hidden in there.
    I usually keep my chest smooth and me grass short..... but as both are not in use atm... I`m approaching TWA status.
    xx
    den

• I think something to consider is that if a bloke is shaved downstairs...it "adds" an inch...and if the woman is shaved too--thats another inch..... does make a difference in my experience.
    I dont much prefer a tuppence like Terry Waites Allotment... birds nests and rusty bikes hidden in there.
    I usually keep my chest smooth and me grass short..... but as both are not in use atm... I`m approaching TWA status.
    xx
    den

Birds Nests !
    Rusty Bikes !

Who have you been out with ,,, King Kongs Sister ???

• Birds Nests !
    Rusty Bikes !

Who have you been out with ,,, King Kongs Sister ???

Hahaha! possibly true...

I have an industrial brush cutter at the farm for free loan for all your allotment clearing needs...

Personally, i dont care about hair. Yeah its a bummer when it gets in yer mouth but i should just be grateful i get the chance!! Im so busy with life van home ed kids etc i dont even notice whats going on down there.. or under my arms. I might attempt a clip before i go swimming to avoid the many horrific stares from other swimmers tho, nothin worse than being reported to the rspca for smuggling a hedgehog down my cossie...

Hi solo

• I only found out quite recently that there seems to be a preference for hairless genetalia in the female world right now. What the fuck is that all about? And apparently if one does not feel the need to be bald there is an infinite assortment of shaved or waxed designs one can subscribe too. :rofl:Me, as it comes! Don't have the money, time or inclination to be fucking about with my privates!

• 'i' thinks i read up to post #7 and thought these are *not folks thoughts - rather more their *actions from which thoughts you may infer.. .. ..[does that even make sense?] - i thought this would be a very interesting intellectual thread.. har har.. .. .. .. ..
    butt.. .. returning to *your thoughts.. .. "why only women?.. .. ... ie. you had found this often.. .. only women allowed to cut off their hair.. .. well what if a woman cut off 'hair - rather than somebodie's 'hair.. .. .. [apologies] - What if women only [generally speaking], rather than "Why only women?" - - - -were the ones, who cut off the hair from a person - wouldnt that help in some way? - archetyping - stereotyping - division practically - or:::: did you want to know my actions? xx - or the short answer - dont worry about it ;)
    ; )
    thinking more about your question.. .. and my own thoughts.. ..[and co-incidences] - why should only women? - or another way - why do people criticise men who cut off their hair - cosmetically - these days - around here.....x
    >>
    and your answer; "confidence".. .. ..

• me - i struggle with some body hair and not with other body-hair - - i think its a balance thing: less is better in general [like flowers generally smell better than shite].. .. .. but end of the day, its all good <3

• Each to their own... I have had hairy armpits for over two years now and my husband doesn't mind at all.. He doesn't love it or hate it, he just accepts me for me! Also they are now thicker and longer than his!! :)

I am very proud of my hairy armpits, I love the summertime as I purposely flash them off while swiping my hair back and get some hilarious looks!! Especially nowadays where every woman is bald and "clean"! BOLLOCKS! You all have mini's like young children.. And men like it..... Odd.. Just my opinion!

In my eyes, I am hairy in all the RIGHT places!

One week I can have plaits, the next dreads, the week after I could dye them psychedelic with blonde tips, maybe... The choices are endless! :)

My bush is bigger than Yoko Ono's and I don't shave my legs from October to March as it's too cold to get your legs anyway let alone shave them for what?! They end up like sand paper the next day and have to shave again.. Also I don't have small red spots on my legs at all and during the summer while I wax, my legs are like Barbie's, smooth and plastic - like! :)

Appearances are nothing. Confidence is the key.

It's what's inside that counts, not what's on the outside... Old sayings are so true!!

Love, peace and light! :waves: