Body Hair - personal preference?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Back on a level topic I have a hairy chest & you can only compair that to Marmite women seem to either hate it & look at you like you have some kind of alien appendage growing out of your chest or they lurve it & will make a real fuss of it.

But being honest it makes me very self concious & uncomfortable not having a shirt on because of it.

my own personal preferance is that i like a lady to be trimmed at least, nothing to do with being dirty i just think it looks tidier & more sexy.

• For me, I shave my face reasonably regularly, and I don't have a huge amount of chest hair (though more than in the last few years). No hair on my back, bit on my legs, and the hair around my man bits is left natural. Odd one for me is the hairy toes, I look like a giant hobbit!

On a lady, I don't mind. Been with a lady who was completely shaven below the shoulders, and on the flip side I have been with a lady who has furry armpits, bush, and a bit on the legs. Both I found attractive. Ideally I like tidyness under the arms and a shapely down below but I'm not going to force a partner to conform to my wishes. Only thing I'm not fond of is stubble down there. It doesn't look good when I get stubble rash on my face for a day afterwards... ;)

• Only thing I'm not fond of is stubble down there. It doesn't look good when I get stubble rash on my face for a day afterwards... ;)

But if you want tidy, then you have to take the rough with the smooth! :p

I love chest hair on a man. I think it's weird when they shave it off.

• I like natural, and was lucky to not be a very hairy person, but seem to have become more so over the age of 40, I have even had to shave my pits as there is hair there :O I only had about 4 hairs for years, what is that all about?

• But if you want tidy, then you have to take the rough with the smooth! :p

That is true, and I bet the lady of my attention isn't too happy if I haven't shaved myself in the last couple of days! I'm thankful my facial hair grows quite slowly, so can get away with it for up to a week.

And I have no intention of shaving my chest hair! Kinda got used to it now.

I did once toy with trimming my pubes, as I thought it might accentuate a certain feature, but decided to leave it be.

• I'm unfortunately a person who grows body hair fast so i do trim Capt Winky & shave my pits. thats not a sex thing it's just tidier.

• For me, I shave my face reasonably regularly, and I don't have a huge amount of chest hair (though more than in the last few years). No hair on my back, bit on my legs, and the hair around my man bits is left natural. Odd one for me is the hairy toes, I look like a giant hobbit!

On a lady, I don't mind. Been with a lady who was completely shaven below the shoulders, and on the flip side I have been with a lady who has furry armpits, bush, and a bit on the legs. Both I found attractive. Ideally I like tidyness under the arms and a shapely down below but I'm not going to force a partner to conform to my wishes. Only thing I'm not fond of is stubble down there. It doesn't look good when I get stubble rash on my face for a day afterwards... ;)

Have you been playing with the bearded lady from the circus? :whip:

• i am very free and easy with my body hair, i will shave if i am going out somewhere that calls for me to dress up, but that might be the first time Ive shaved in months :p. My husband dose not mind if i have shaved or not and i would not change how often i shave even if he did :D that is just who i am. I also don't mind or care if a man is hairy or not, i guess i am just every free and easy that way

• as a bald man i can tell you that i find naturally hairy women very sxy indeed , as does my son , but most oy my bloke friends dont like it , im in europe and over here , there doesnt seem to be this angst about hairy armpits etc , my head is as bald as a coot , but my body is like a bear , very strange , but each to their own

• Yeah there does seem to be a divide over the Channel, one of my friends from over there has no problem with her under arm hair and pubes, but oddly she shaves her legs! I quite like it, but saying that I also like the clean shaven look... depends on the lady really.

• Well after growing my hair long, as I mentioned last year,, I was well pleased with myself.. long hair, long beard, I looked lovely :D

Thence ! when trying on jeans in a shop, a stupidly placed mirror pointed out that someone had landed a flying saucer on my heed ! it had to go.

So I now sport a shaved heed, and a lovely trimmed(ish) beard. The beard stayed as I really like it now. It varies between "smart and neat" and "bloody hell whats that tree doing there" :hippy:

• Shaved head and beard is the future, I tell ya! Gravity does it's own thing here which is great, as it really cuts down on grooming time. Head hair is just a hassle if you ask me, and unless your going for the dread head look, can get pretty untidy and horrible looking unless you waste time faffing with it. Apart from the occasional wash, beards are pretty much maintenance free from my experience. Lazy hair if you will.

It's no use shouting about who's to blame, when all that counts is how to change...

• as a bald man i can tell you that i find naturally hairy women very sxy indeed , as does my son , but most oy my bloke friends dont like it , im in europe and over here , there doesnt seem to be this angst about hairy armpits etc , my head is as bald as a coot , but my body is like a bear , very strange , but each to their own

I'm not bald but definitely thin on top but agree with you about natural hairy women. For me nothing sexier, but appreciate many disagree.I've been pleased to see so many women displaying their natural fuzz on some tumblr sites such as "we are human + we are hairy", "hairy pits club", "super hairy female legs" + a few others. Kudos to these brave sexy women who feel strong enough to go natural.

• Hairy is natural, why would anybody try to make them selves look prepubescant, catering to the Savilles of this world :eek:

I can't agree with that bit about the Savilles mate.

After my divorce and I was back out going to pubs and clubs there were a few occasions when I encountered the shaven look, they were all single women so it was their own choice all of them said they felt it to be cleaner, and others I had the good fortune to meet were all trimmed or groomed in some way. Maybe it is a sign of the times you know fashion-beauty-cosmetics

• I can't agree with that bit about the Savilles mate.After my divorce and I was back out going to pubs and clubs there were a few occasions when I encountered the shaven look, they were all single women so it was their own choice all of them said they felt it to be cleaner, and others I had the good fortune to meet were all trimmed or groomed in some way. Maybe it is a sign of the times you know fashion-beauty-cosmetics

no its just you your a perv do u want photos again . Hee hee

• hi...
    In 1993 I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins lymphoma, the treatment surgery followed by 5 months 6 cycles of C.H.O.P. chemotherapy. Three weeks after the first chemo session I started to lose my hair... firstly head hair, then eye brows, then over a period of one week I lost the remainder. I went from being a long haired hippy to 'baldy skinhead' in about ten days. Expected, but traumatic to say the least! However, although I hated it, my wife apparently loved the new look especially 'down below.'

Between each cycle of chemo, I had a three week rest period during the latter stages of which odd tufts of hair would reappear, tufts which my wife took a great delight in shaving off regardless of its location on my body. She convinced herself (and me) that I had grown about an inch since the wood was no longer hidden by the trees so to speak... (apparently size does matter whether it be real or imagined!). She also took to the 'no-body hair look.'

At that time we had been married for 25 years but the effect on our sex life was electric... sexual activity in all its forms took on a whole new meaning for both of us; ok maybe for her it was just psychological but for me it was both psychological and physical since one of the chemo drugs tends to increase the sensitivity of the skin. After the last treatment, my hair started to grow back, but my wife was so taken by the 'no-pubes' look that she asked if she could continue shaving me; I was only to happy to agree!

Sadly my wife died from complications following a severe asthma attack about eighteen months after my last chemo treatment so she wasn't around when, after a ten year observation and monitoring period, my oncologist took me off the books and declared me clear. Out of respect for her, I kept the 'no-pubes' look and was absolutely delighted when, two years after her death, I teamed up with the uber-sexy lady who is now my second wife to find that she too liked the look and adopted a similar look for herself.

Just one final point and going back to the chemo, elsewhere on this Sexuality Forum someone raised the question of Tantric Sex; my first wife and I adopted some of the techniques for when I was in the doldrums and suffering the side effects of feeling like shit for the two or three day periods following each treatment. The physical, total body contact was comforting for both of us, sexual release came second to the closeness and 'one-ness' literally losing ourselves in each other.
    Again this is something my second wife and I practice whenever things get tough. Highly recommended!

• Post by Rinii ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • i like a complete shaven, plucked, epillated or waxed effect on both men and women. the only hair I find acceptable is on the head.
    even then I quite like no hair there either or minimal. ie short shaved or cropped.

no under arm hair, no pubic hair, no facial hair, leg hair, chest hair or back hair.

going hairless is much more hygienic in a world where we wear clothes, often performance clothes that wick sweat away.

and shaven nether regions, so much more fun and sexy. I dont have any interest in pre-pubescence, its got nothing to do with that at all. just the heightened sense of feeling without silly non functional hair being in the way.
    Im trying to find a polite way to ask my current man-friend to shave his pubes off. theres no easy way is there. I just need to turn up with a good quality razor to our next encounter...

• "Im trying to find a polite way to ask my current man-friend to shave his pubes off. theres no easy way is there. I just need to turn up with a good quality razor to our next encounter..."

Have him wax a man shaven has stubble and its a bit uncomfortable especially if your smooth down there, it creates a "rug burn"

• I love being hair free apart from my head I have very long hair so that makes up for the rest that is hair free, I wax regularly, everywhere, its definitely more hygienic especially during that time of the month. Plus the sex is fantastic and very sensitive!