Body Hair - personal preference?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Ok, so sometimes I wax my body hair (but never my pubic hair - ouch!!!!) and sometimes I like to let it grow. My husband doesn't find body hair sexy as such, but he does find it sexy that I am confident enough to embrace my body and everything about it. Confidence is HOT.

My friend's boyfriend shaves all of his body hair, which seems to be quite unusual - why? Why only women?

Personally, I sometimes find smooth skin a turn-on, and sometimes I like hair too. And I really don't like bare pubic areas - it just doesn't seem either womanly or manly to me. Just kind of childlike.

What does everyone else think?

• I like blokes with hair, I dont like loads of stubble because it hurts, Its either gotta be a little bit of stubble or a beard!!
    I liek hairy men, and I feel better when I shave my legs and pits.

I wouldnt hack all my pubes of though because it is childlike and its not a me thing to do!!

• I agree with Atomik.... however, I'm still waiting to grow body hair myself!! I'm bald as a coot! Well, not everywhere haha

----------------------
    "People who give up their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both" - Benjamin Franklin
    ----------------------

• i have barely an facial hair to speak of, althogh my chest hair is growing still so who knows how hairy i'll end up.

yeah i think i've been socially conditions not to like hair armpits, and smooth legs are so much more fun to rub kiss lick etc than hairy ones.

muff wise i'm not fussy, so long as its not a fucking jungle i'm fine really. i always make sure to get rid of any loose pubes if i'm going near any women.

• I shave my legs, pits and bikini line, so I have a nice neat landing strip! ;)
    But it doesn't bother me if I dont shave and Im eau naturel for a few days on holiday or whatever. I dont mind body hair at all, but not keen on hairy backs!

• I'll shave my underarms, my legs to the knee if I'm not going anywhere wearing a short skirt or more if I am and my bikini line so i don;t look like a gorilla. I get terrible shaving rash though so if I am not going anywhere or no one is likely to see me ill let the hair grow back a bit so my skin has time to heal.

Guys need to get rid of hairy backs and hairy chests must be kept to not too hairy...otherwise its kinda grim...*shudder*

• I've reached that stage where the hair can't make it to my head so it's coming out of my ears, nose, bloody every where. on the plus side, for the first time in my life I can grow a full beard, so I am:)

• I don't shave at all :monster:

I don't see a problem with hair at all and why people find it disgusting..why don't people demand men shave their body too? It's just another industry at the end of the day

• Quote from Naeni

I don't see a problem with hair at all and why people find it disgusting..why don't people demand men shave their body too? It's just another industry at the end of the day

Argh, not this bullshit debate again! I don't find it disgusting - it's an aesthetic preference! Same way women who prefer men without facial hair have an aesthetic preference!

However, can we keep this kinda on topic? The question was about personal preferences - not re-opening the whole "ethics of body hair" debate.

• Quote from Atomik

Argh, not this bullshit debate again! I don't find it disgusting - it's an aesthetic preference! Same way women who prefer men without facial hair have an aesthetic preference!

However, can we keep this kinda on topic? The question was about personal preferences - not re-opening the whole "ethics of body hair" debate.

haha I know, nevermind! Plus I can't be arsed for a debate, as I'm only on here for 5 minutes!

I don't mean everybody hates body hair..but you know what I mean... I know a lot of peoiple who say it makes them physically sick, rather than "i just don't prefer it"

Personally.. I don't know, I guess I don't have a preference....just NOT 100% shaved, as that would disturb me, and be a mighty conflict of interests anyway...

Beardwise....as long as its not tooooo big! Purely as they make people look super old! Got Martin to grow a beard over the summer, but then when I saw it after a while, I was just disturbed!:eek:

• I don't really think I have a preference either way. The men I've been with have been neither insanely hairy or hairless - just sort of normal. Some people have naturally very little body hair and some have a lot, and I tend to find that what you have naturally tends to suit you anyway. So, whatever. I'm easy.

As for myself, sometimes I let it all grow and sometimes I fancy a change and just get rid of almost all of it. Although, I haven't shaved my big toe in a while now and it's getting ridiculous! Hairy toes are a sign of the devil, apparently...

• i shave my pits and bits for cleanliness - not that its dirty to be hairy - each to their own - just that i dont feel really clean unless i'm hair free in those places...

i never shave my legs - i have no desire for hair free legs - i get funny looks on the bus etc sometimes - probably cos i have dark leg hair but i think it's other people's problem if they dont like it...

on others i find hair free batcaves and danglies more attractive than hairy ones but there's nothing unpleasant about nuzzling a fresh, fragrant bush (especially if its karma from lush :reddevil:)

Mr P shaves his armpits - which i didnt know i liked til i met him...

• I prefer the hair-free approach, with a tidy landing strip on myself. On others, I can't stand beards and I'm not a fan of excessive hairiness either.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Quote from Atomik

I can't stand beards on women either. :madlol:

But you said you liked the way my moustache tickled your nose ... ;)

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Quote from Atomik

Other moustache. :whistle:

Funny you should say that, I've been considering a full circus job ... just for you :whistle:

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Quote from Atomik

There'll always be a place in the circus for you. :harhar:

But I'm having to work so much harder for my bananas these days :cry:

Jiddu Krishnamurti