Urine therapy/Golden fountain

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Does anyone have any personal experience or have any second hand accounts of this therapy?:sunsmile:

A cure is whatever it takes to move the energy to change your life--nothing more or less. (Taoist saying)

• So drinking urine.
    I have heard about people drinking their own urine, some say its very beneficial.
    Personally I really dont think it can help you, the reason why we pee to get rid of intoxins surely drinking what your body has expelled isnt good for you.
    Its the same as eating human crap really isnt it, We poo to get rid of waste, eating it again would be bad for you because your body wouldnt get anything from it!!

• expelled urine is what the body hasn't been able to use and contains many nutrients. It's also great used topically--makes the skin very soft and disinfects wounds.

A cure is whatever it takes to move the energy to change your life--nothing more or less. (Taoist saying)

• All urine is sterile as long as it doesnt contain any bacteria then yup it can disinfect wounds.
    Surely if your body hasnt been able to use the urine why re-drink it?

• Quote from wiggy

All urine is sterile as long as it doesnt contain any bacteria then yup it can disinfect wounds.
    Surely if your body hasnt been able to use the urine why re-drink it?

to benefit from all the nutients it contains--the personal, specific nutrients that your body needs. in India it's called shivambu--nectar of the gods

• Quote from Atomik

Are you taking the piss? :madlol:

did do for about 18 months!

• Quote from Atomik

I can see the reasoning behind it, but I'm not sure I could get past the psychology of it.

It's hard to get started but becomes routine very quickly as you see the benefits. loads off mind blowing stuff on the net--check it out. you need to be quite clean to do it or it can make you feel bad (personal experience)

• But if your body doesnt need the stuff in urine surely adding more to it is dangerous.
    It doesnt matter if its Indian I still wouldnt do it or trust doing it, I really cant see why anyone would want to drink something the body has expelled.
    The thought of it doesnt bother me at all, its just what your putting back into the body

• the pharmaceutical companies/medical profession are already selling it back to us in various forms. Horses piss for menopausal women, urea (a component of urine) is in lots of products.
    Just had another look on the net and it's convinced me to have another go.

• good for soakin yer chilblanes in, according to me mum...

'I disapprove of what you say, but I will
    defend to the death your right to say it'
    Evelyn Beatrice Hall, The Friends Of Voltaire, 1906.

• Quote from ratty

good for soakin yer chilblanes in, according to me mum...

;) And mum's know best.

• i take it that no one wants to discuss the benefits or to admit to using/considering this therapy?

• Quote from Coyote

Is it any different from

Is this not recycle urine.
    IMHO.
    So cut out the middle man and pour it down the loo.

Agree with wiggy if you body dont want it why do you need to convince it to take it the second time.

G.

• I've read about it before and seen first hand people who practice this in India

I think the main thing is you MUST be quite pure, as urine also containe toxins your body has expelled, so you can't be putting those toxins back into your body unless you fancy kidney failure any time soon

The thought revolts me, but I have inhibitions still :waves:

• They use pregnant mares urine 'cos of the high oestrogen content. i'm told that the mares are kept in stalls and the urine taken by catheter. It's disgusting abuse on many levels and is so unnecessary.

the point with our own urine is that it isn't a waste product. It's got exactly the balance of nutrients our body needs ( but you do have to be quite good with your diet and knock any toxic intake on the head) it's just that our body doesn't need them at the time so lets it go--like an overflow!! there are amazing health benefits, particularly with regard to influencing energy levels. i was really high most of the time i was doing it with amazing energy. It could've had a lot to do with the fact that i was quite clean living too.
    it takes a bit of getting used to --i initially used very small quantities mixed with juice and worked up to using it throughout the day.

• i did drink somebody else's wee once. by accident. they tricked me. i was only 14!

whenever i think of this urine therapy thing, i think of that loony family with the toads in the league of gentlemen!

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

• Quote from Zee

i did drink somebody else's wee once. by accident. they tricked me. i was only 14!

whenever i think of this urine therapy thing, i think of that loony family with the toads in the league of gentlemen!

Did all their warts drop off?

• Does the taste alter.
    Cos if you eat asprugus then your pee smells like it, does it taste like it too, i like the taste of asprugus.
    Not pissasprugus though i dont think