Modelling

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Has anyone got any experience or advice on life modeling?
    Im looking to make some money but dont want to work it ya get what i mean. I would like to maybe do some life modeling in studios to earn a bit of cash and not have to go back down the bar/shop work road.
    Im totally at ease with my body and like the way that modeling shouldnt bog down all my time so i could use it to do my own stuff

• Quote from Chegzy

Has anyone got any experience or advice on life modeling?
    Im looking to make some money but dont want to work it ya get what i mean. I would like to maybe do some life modeling in studios to earn a bit of cash and not have to go back down the bar/shop work road.
    Im totally at ease with my body and like the way that modeling shouldnt bog down all my time so i could use it to do my own stuff

just contact art schools....i don't know what the pay is like or anything.....but you're over eighteen and willing which is pretty much all they ask for much of the time....not that summer is the best time for getting work in schools....summer schools i guess.....ummm.....yeah.....:insane: :D

• the college I was at payed about £10 ph, they interview the model first, obviously to check that they arnt a complete fruit loop.
    I would imagine that life modeling can be quite tiring psyically.
    Its not sitting or laying in a pose all the time, sometimes you have to change poses every 60 seconds, some of which require alot of balance

• Amateur photographic groups can be fun too, I did some life work for one when I was younger and had a great time.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Same here... and work can sometimes be really well paid!
    I did a job, all I had to do was take off my shoes..put my feet on this guys face...hey presto £50 for an hours work!!

• Quote from tekno

Same here... and work can sometimes be really well paid!
    I did a job, all I had to do was take off my shoes..put my feet on this guys face...hey presto £50 for an hours work!!

:o you promised you'd never tell:(

• Quote from shibari.surfer

:o you promised you'd never tell:(

Do you think they'd have guessed it was you... oh well at last you've exposed your terrible foot fetish! :whistle:

• i'd say make sure its with someone reputable. dont just model for anyone. i know its common sense but just a reminder.

as for the actual modeling find out what they expect of you, and let them know what you're comfortable with. if its for photographs then you have to sign something saying they can use it for commercial purposes (if it is) otherwise you're entitled to something. if you do sign something like that and it says you give full consent to it being used then you dont get any more than wat they agreed to pay you.

you've had all the tips i can think of....

i have had some experience modeling for art students in the past. if anyone is near me and needs a life model or can pay transport then im up for almot anything arty...and im cheap. sorry to jmp that in on your thread, but we're a bit far away from each other anyway.

• think i will just go build an art studio:whistle:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"A name is written on a polished rock. A broken heart that the world forgot." Help Stamp Out Child Abuse

• thanx for the advice peeps, had an ask around some of the local studios but they said they werent looking for anyone/needed someone experienced (i HATE that, how can i gain experience in anything if you wont give me a try) but took my number anyway which was cool.

Oh and I go to gateshead college anyway so generally im the one on the other side of the easel when life drawing is on but they wont pay for a model any more anyway (lots of students really pissed off caus need life drawing in portfolio)

Ill let yous know how it goes

• sounds like atomiks offering :whistle:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"A name is written on a polished rock. A broken heart that the world forgot." Help Stamp Out Child Abuse

• heres an idea to solve two problems in one. if your class mates need ife drawing but the college wont pay for a model you could arrange an out of college hours life drawing session. you get to say you have experience and they get a model

• good one, college is finished til sept but will give it a go and see what they say
    REally gna have to get some money soon though, was a good idea but think im going to have to ........... WORK:eek: