Paddy has a Tattoo!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• ok so its only a henna one but i wanted to get someone to design a logo for the band for cheap:whistle:

any thoughts about it?

i think the hollowed out Ruby works quite well against the bold Style Emeralds, but i think the way the emeralds was drawn does kinda look like a 5 year old did it

• nah, brown is cool. although i might point out that in the culture that it comes from its considered a feminine thing. bit like wearing two earings over here. i like it. will look good on a drumkit/banner. theres only so much u can do with one colour though.

• yeah i was ignorant to green henna. plus i wanted it more for the design than the tattoo really. give me something to work on.

just out of curiosity have any of you listened to anything by my band? i was wondering if you thought it suited.

• well the plan is to copy the image off my arm and then piddle around with it a bit in photoshop etc and thinkin about background images and colours and stuff.

• Quote from Boz

...its considered a feminine thing. bit like wearing two earings over here. ...

:eek:Sh*t! no one told me that about the earings - I've got 6 in one side and 3 in the other. That explains why I'm so in touch with my feminin side;)

• Quote from shibari.surfer

:eek:Sh*t! no one told me that about the earings - I've got 6 in one side and 3 in the other. That explains why I'm so in touch with my feminin side;)

ooh, sounds sexy. i mean say if you just had your lobes done once each with dangly pink studs. you could get away with it but a few people would giggle.

• Quote from Boz

nah, brown is cool. although i might point out that in the culture that it comes from its considered a feminine thing. bit like wearing two earings over here.

Yeah I used to go out with a girl from Manchester who thought it was really weird for me to have both my ears pierced. I'm guessing that's a northern prejudice as nobody would bat an eyelid down here - That will be great when I move :D

• im not sexist, twas an example. how about wearing high heals?

paddy, i think the only reason it looks childish is cause its not all exact size. its a great start and im surprised its that neat, henna is a difficult substance to control. once u have a bit of a photoshop it'll be even better.

• I like it :) I would've expected something a bit more... wacky... for your band though.

• well the girl doing it never had the pleasure of listening to my band, and i did my best to describe the band (which is a fucking challenge at the best of times)

• Thank goodness it was the logo you wanted and not the tattoo;)

if you want a logo for your band...why not throw open a design competition for the arty types on here ?
    prize for the winner could be a CD of your bands music:)

• Quote from scarlettdee

Thank goodness it was the logo you wanted and not the tattoo;)

if you want a logo for your band...why not throw open a design competition for the arty types on here ?

*jumps up and down waving hands!!!!*

a CD....money too!!!

and woooorldwide recognition!:p

• Quote from scarlettdee

hmmmmmmmmmm *strokes beard that he'll never be able to grow*

sounds like a plan scarlett! shall have to chat with the band about this...