Which one

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Which is the best fesstie for an old hippy with kids 11

1. Shambala (2) 18%
    2. Tribal Earth (1) 9%
    3. Small worlds (1) 9%
    4. Beautiful Days (5) 45%
    5. Big Green Gathering (3) 27%
    6. Workhouse (0) 0%

Asked a simular question before, but in a different way.
    I have investigated - (quite exhastivily) most of the festivals this summer.
    I am hopping the previous expierience of you guys can help me out.
    I am an ageing hippy in my 40's, l want chiled music, a hint of rock is fine, world music is good, acoustic is best.
    I want to spend the evening listening to new music, at the end of the night l want to sit round a campfire and have chilled civilisaed chat with like minded people, l want to have a beer and a spliff round the fire, once the kids are asleep. During the day l want things to do, acts too watch etc
    And, l want to bring the kids, youngest is 5, eldest 12. So, is Shambala the best to go to,. or Small worlds, or Beautiful days, or, or, or, or, ???????

• Quote from Atomik

Beautiful Days is sold out, so you'd need to source a ticket off ebay or somewhere else if you wanted to go to that one.

Its just a question of knowing which one ./....

• From my experience and what I’ve heard from other people I don’t think there’s much difference in it, with the possible exception of Beautiful Days which is, in my opinion, marginally more commercial but better for seeing bigger ‘name’ bands. I think Work House and Beautiful Days are sold out though, which makes it a bit easier to decide!

• Quote from velvetcollie

i cant speak for all the festy's on that list i have not been to them all, but small world and bgg are definitely worth thinking about. both are very kid-orientated, in my experience anyway. have a look at these...

www.smallworldsolarstage.org
    www.big-green-gathering.com

hope they're helpful to you. they are great festy's to go to. :D:hippy::)

:hippy: Thank you. Much appreciated. i think Small world certainly looks like an option. And maybe Tribal earth....

• Quote from ecomamma

Tribal Earth as they were a great crew i havent been for years tho! are they still going? i may go if i can find the time & it doesnt clash...x..

Yes it's still going, its 30 August - 2 sept. .
    So many festivals on at that bank holiday weekend, its tough deciding.

• Quote from Tezza_UK

Yes it's still going, its 30 August - 2 sept. .
    So many festivals on at that bank holiday weekend, its tough deciding.

Don't know if it effects your choice or not but that's not a bank holiday - it's the weekend before.
    :)

• Quote from Sthenno

Don't know if it effects your choice or not but that's not a bank holiday - it's the weekend before.
    :)

Ah, (looking in diary) thanks, that will teach me, l just presumed.

• Quote from wondergnome

BD's in the lead - - - mwhahahahah!

Unfortunately it’s sold out. There are tickets on ebay, but you’re looking at about 150 squid.

• it's worth it. I have been every year and won't stop. Can you tell how excited I am?
    Nice story:
    First year I was there I went to get some beer and when I got back to my tent, I got shouted at by a funny lady in the next tent - didn't know here from adam, but thought I was going to be in trouble for being squiffy (*)

"There's only one way of life, and that's your gnomes, your gnome's that's you gnoooooooo-oh-oh-omes! HUP!"

• Well as a whole BD's is just like that but last year a girl I know had her tent turned over on the last night and stuff pinched. She was up near the showers run by the dodgy looking crew so I dont think they will be there this year as it seemed they were letting locals in without tickets..... or so I heard anyway.

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• Quote from wondergnome

it's worth it. I have been every year and won't stop. Can you tell how excited I am?
    Nice story:
    First year I was there I went to get some beer and when I got back to my tent, I got shouted at by a funny lady in the next tent - didn't know here from adam, but thought I was going to be in trouble for being squiffy (*)

Haha - nice one! My mate left his keys in his car door at Download :eek:
    and some kind soul stashed them behind the wheel. Nice to know there are folks looking out for each other out there.