Stonehenge Summer Solstice '07 pics

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• 04:56 - a bit cloudy

04:59 - a bit drizzley

05:02

and of course, the morning bagpiper

it seemed a good time was had by most!!:insane:
    lots of security staff etc around. anyone left in the car park at midday was handed an eviction notice by some security types!! hahaha

oh, and there were loads of dogs in the car park so i'm taking mine next time.

i had a GREAT time and am off to bed now. *yawns*:sleep:

• yeh, some of them were a little bit heavy handed, but the only times i saw that, was when chavvy dickheads were really gobbing off at them and pissing people off, so i didn't think it too unfair.

there was one really cool yellow-coated fella who got a bollocking from his "supervisors" for wearing a glow in the dark necklace and being "too much like a hippy". dear of him.

seemed most people had a good time. except maybe the fella who fell off the tallest stone at around 10pm, landed on his head and fractured his skull.ouch. thats the worst injury i heard of.

some of the dog owners could've been a bit more responsible, but it could've been a lot worse!

according to a news report, an estimated 27000 people turned up.
    :):hippy::D

• Quote from Katie18

Brill pictures :D what kinda dogs do you have ?

:waves:
    thanks!
    i got just the one. a border collie. but between all of us that
    went in the truck, there would've been 3 dogs.
    i will take mine next time i go.
    :hippy:

• cool pics. but i thought setonehenge was cordoned off so you couldn't actually get amongst the stones? is it just permitted for special occasions like that or have they relaxed the rules?

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

• Quote from ZZZZZ

cool pics. but i thought setonehenge was cordoned off so you couldn't actually get amongst the stones? is it just permitted for special occasions like that or have they relaxed the rules?

Guess it is just for solstices... we went back a few days later and it was all roped off and people just had to walk around a path.

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• Lovely pics thanks for those....

It was bliss, had a really chilled night...caught up with many great friends, altho alot of people usually there werent to my suprise...hugged many, danced a little altho mostly felt in a chilled space,contemplating so much,went to Avebury & that was lush,again its more for me catching up & hanging with the lay lines,listening to the buzz of the stones...it spins me out....what we my friends share at sacred sites.....

....x....

• yeah I had a nice 2 days down there as well, stonehenge summer solstice, avebury, woodhenge and then went upto glastonbury tor on the longest day of the year for more drums and didge jams....

well nice...........

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• Quote from moonpup

yeah I had a nice 2 days down there as well, stonehenge summer solstice, avebury, woodhenge and then went upto glastonbury tor on the longest day of the year for more drums and didge jams....

well nice...........

Wish id had more free time as going to the Tor would have been a good move...Solstice for me is usually full power & hectic...this one seemed so mellow...thats what i needed for sure!

• Quote from Emsy

I hear there was loads of rubbish left at the stones after the sunrise :(

It was disgusting, I even caught some chavvy ket head pissing in the circle. Don't these people realise it is a sacred site? :mad: