Psytrance - Reading - Fushion Soundsystem presents The Awakening

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Opening night is on Saturday 5th Nov
    Venue is Plug n' Play, 35 Milford Rd, Reading
    Admission £5
    ......or "2 for one" (BOGOF) before 8pm

The venue is a small, intimate studio (capacity 200) outside the town centre, but walking distance from the train station, town centre or Caversham.

There will be 2 rooms of music...one full-on/progressive and one chill-out

Line-up
    (Psy-trance room):
    Special Guest:
    Jules Hamer (Aphid Moon/AMD)...Nano Records

and Residents:
    JimJam
    Red 5
    Jamez 23

(Chill-out):
    Guests:
    Irene (ID Spiral)
    The Phonographist (Baraka)
    plus one more TBA

and Resident:
    Dark Angel (G'wan Barclay!)

We are starting with this and another event (17th December) with times 6pm-2am

6pm Start will be so that everyone can come and relax in the comfy bar area while listening to the early sets...After November, assuming all goes well, the new licencing regulations should mean that it should be able to run 6pm-6am.

• I'd like to go - I'll need reminding. Do any of you guys do... *forgets it's name*... The once a month trance night at the Tropicana?

• Quote from the dj

I'd like to go - I'll need reminding. Do any of you guys do... *forgets it's name*... The once a month trance night at the Tropicana?

nope - nothing to do with us... I'm not really active witht the Awakening either now - my friends run it now (But they still have all my decor - lazy painbrush shy buggers;) )

• Bump!

Its this Saturday :p

and we now have an afterparty organised. Arrive early to avoid dissapointment on this one - its not a massive venue + a drinks discount has been organised for the first few hours on top of the bogof entry offer

• It was bloody good, though myself and me mate left by 10:20pm - loads of friendlies and good music. Was great to meet JimJam and Tabs, Andy - they were well impressed with the baldie message... :D

Hope you make it to the next one Andy. I will go, perhaps you may want to meet up beforehand or something. You have my number. Just never give it out, ok?

• Quote from the dj

It was bloody good, though myself and me mate left by 10:20pm - loads of friendlies and good music. Was great to meet JimJam and Tabs, Andy - they were well impressed with the baldie message... :D

Hope you make it to the next one Andy. I will go, perhaps you may want to meet up beforehand or something. You have my number. Just never give it out, ok?

Glad you had a good time.

hehehehe. Knew I would get a response from the baldy comment!

Tabs mentioned meeting you - said you lot seemed cool. I wouldn't plan on giving the number out... Is that some thinly veiled reference to JimJam having a strop about me giving you his number? :rolleyes:

• Quote from crap muppet

Glad you had a good time.

hehehehe. Knew I would get a response from the baldy comment!

Tabs mentioned meeting you - said you lot seemed cool. I wouldn't plan on giving the number out... Is that some thinly veiled reference to JimJam having a strop about me giving you his number? :rolleyes:

No, he didn't mention anything - I saved it though if he wants me to delete it, let me know.

Wish I had managed to stay longer. I get extremely tired no matter what time I get up, am a very tired person.

But I will manage more and more each time I go out and damn, I can't wait to go to The Granby again soon!

We should get together sometime, some of us, and have laughs.

• Quote from crap muppet

Bump!

Its this Saturday :p

and we now have an afterparty organised. Arrive early to avoid dissapointment on this one - its not a massive venue + a drinks discount has been organised for the first few hours on top of the bogof entry offer

Hey, yer night rocked...first time in Reading {for a long time}. Will come again.

Ghost

• Quote from cromlixghost

Hey, yer night rocked...first time in Reading {for a long time}. Will come again.

Ghost

Glad you enjoyed it. Shame I was only there in spirit!

No, he didn't mention anything - I saved it though if he wants me to delete it, let me know.

I'm sure he's not bothered - just wasn't sure what your comment was about!

Wish I had managed to stay longer. I get extremely tired no matter what time I get up, am a very tired person.

But I will manage more and more each time I go out and damn, I can't wait to go to The Granby again soon!

If ya need to sleep you need to sleep!!!

We should get together sometime, some of us, and have laughs.

Yup! :)

Are you in any of the photo's?

• Quote from crap muppet

Are you in any of the photo's?

No. I guess they didn't take any til after we left, either that or I just missed the cameraperson. I was the one with the UVing pink mohy, glowsticks in hair and red rave trousers (and the boobs).

I don't have a pic of what I looked like but there will be some soon. I hope.

• Quote from the dj

No. I guess they didn't take any til after we left, either that or I just missed the cameraperson. I was the one with the UVing pink mohy, glowsticks in hair and red rave trousers (and the boobs).

I don't have a pic of what I looked like but there will be some soon. I hope.

Hehehehe. I guess I would be able to spot you on any of the photo's! :D Would have been JamJar and Tabs taking most of them.

• Quote from crap muppet

Hehehehe. I guess I would be able to spot you on any of the photo's! :D Would have been JamJar and Tabs taking most of them.

They didn't take any of me. Maybe next time they will, if I corner them, just so I can be spotted.