Threatened to be thrown out of a station for taking pictures

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from Atomik

And of course if you were a terrorist, you'd be taking pictures with a big fucking DSLR rather than a discrete camera phone.... :whistle:

And you would need one of these

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"A name is written on a polished rock. A broken heart that the world forgot." Help Stamp Out Child Abuse

• Quote from Paul

All well and good if they actually DID state it.

There was not one single sign up saying I needed to ask or tell them. It also contradicts what Network Rail say on their website.

All he told me was that there was a total ban.

No signage ....did you not see this one on your way in

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"A name is written on a polished rock. A broken heart that the world forgot." Help Stamp Out Child Abuse

• O...k...wrote a post, pressed post, it appeared FIVE TIMES on the thread, deleted one of the posts and they all disappeared...forum gremlins??

Anyhoo...what I said was that I'm going to Euston station on Thursday and am hoping not to get picked up as a potential terrorist...and that they usually have areas at the end of the platforms for trainspotters to take pictures as I was on the train last weeks and passed a station with a group of people talking photos, so this man doesn't know what he's taking about.

• Quote from Emsy

O...k...wrote a post, pressed post, it appeared FIVE TIMES on the thread, deleted one of the posts and they all disappeared...forum gremlins??

Anyhoo...what I said was that I'm going to Euston station on Thursday and am hoping not to get picked up as a potential terrorist...and that they usually have areas at the end of the platforms for trainspotters to take pictures as I was on the train last weeks and passed a station with a group of people talking photos, so this man doesn't know what he's taking about.

print my first sign on a t shirt you will then be ok as they are looking for and harrassing NONE terrorist at the moment

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• This bloke sounds like a prick of the highest order. I would go as far as to find out where he has been trained on railway regulations. The only place I know that has a blanket ban on photography on the railway network is France. That is over there and this is over here.

I have taken photos of trains on stations without any problems.

I think trainspotters can make the railway network safer. They are more likely to see if anything is not right and report it.

What you discribe as his attitude towards you. I would get on to his line manager if that is his way of dealing with the public as he obviously cannot do the job he is paid for. He obviously needs conflict management training and his lack of interpersonal skills looked at. This is all the more important if he is dealing with the public as his incompetency is a security risk.

Matt

• Quote from Atomik

Did you just imply that Paul is a trainspotter? :whistle:

No I didn't actually. I was speaking in general terms. Actually I am a trainspotter and have a thing for modern rolling stock. I always notice when news programs use stock footage for railways when they have an article about the railways. I am a bit sad in a way.

Trains do make good subject material for photography.

Matt

• Quote from Tigerdaddy

Perhaps we can arrange another London gathering and meet at Euston with our cameras........ :whistle:

Just before the GBBF, perhaps, or better... Just after... :D