Where are the hippies

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from Stormypagan

Get in touch with some of the old collective called Exedous...they would be able to help I am sure :)

The exodus lot's music was a bit to much Rave for me, they were pill popping, needed high energy music, l did go to the Farm a few times, burt a bit OTT for me, i like chilled.

• Quote from Tezza_UK

The exodus lot's music was a bit to much Rave for me, they were pill popping, needed high energy music, l did go to the Farm a few times, burt a bit OTT for me, i like chilled.

promise will meet up soon, I'm chilled(ish)

• Quote from Tezza_UK

Yeah but point was that they have the experience of organising such events...it is their experience you need if anything...what you decide to do at something you organise is up to you.

Sorry I just assumed that you didn't have any experience...sorry if I was wrong there :)

At the end of the day you need some dedicated help and a space to have it in :) Good luck :)

• Quote from Stormypagan

Yeah but point was that they have the experience of organising such events...it is their experience you need if anything...what you decide to do at something you organise is up to you.

Sorry I just assumed that you didn't have any experience...sorry if I was wrong there :)

At the end of the day you need some dedicated help and a space to have it in :) Good luck :)

Yeah l know, thanks for the idea. I have been involved in things like this in the area for years luckily. Know loads of people in the right places. Was a local councillor a few years back, until last month was manager of the local arts centre and theatre, and part of the crew that organises Luton international carnival.
    (sorry sounds like l blowing a very large brassd instrument there, not intentional).

• I have just suss out that I know you from luton university and stuff in the area hehehe I am just PMing you :) I used to have dreads when you knew me though!! sorry was nosing at your profile and recognised you :0)

• radcot festival is a good little festival, free but 4pound a night camping, sound as a pound, some cool music, blues reggae funk, you know the score its early august probs 4th-6th like it was last year

• Quote from Benijuana

radcot festival is a good little festival, free but 4pound a night camping, sound as a pound, some cool music, blues reggae funk, you know the score its early august probs 4th-6th like it was last year

Have you gat a link to this, searched the net , cant find anything.

• nah sorry i dont think it has a website, but if you are intrested in going i cangive yu the details when i get them from my friends mums boyfriend whos band plays

• Quote from Benijuana

nah sorry i dont think it has a website, but if you are intrested in going i cangive yu the details when i get them from my friends mums boyfriend whos band plays

Cool, cheers